It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Gives Birth to Lizard is Accused of Witchcraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Here's one for you, ATS. It's being reported in "India Today" that an Indonesian woman gave birth to a Gecko in the remote village of Oenunto. Of course scientists are being skeptical but locals are standing by the validity of this event. Some have even gone to the extreme(s) of labeling the mother a witch.

An angry lynch mob (yes, really) is after a 31-year-old Indonesian woman who gave birth to a gecko after an 8-month pregnancy, India Today reported. The group believes she practiced witchcraft after a midwife delivered a lizard in the remote Oenunto village.

Not surprisingly, scientists aren't convinced the lizard was actually born. Although Dr. Messe Ataupa, a medical officer from nearby Kupang, told India Today that locals in the village confirmed Debi Nubatonis had shown all symptoms of being with child — including going into labor — "we believe it was just a phantom pregnancy or pseudocyesis where there was never a child."

Someone needs to test the woman and the Gecko to see if they truly are mother and child. I can see Maury Povich now saying "...you ARE the mother...." What says ATS?

www.cosmopolitan.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I believe it. Women have given "birth" to animals before, they've either entered before and popped out, or their eggs somehow entered while swimming.

The "area" it goes into is like a natural incubator I guess.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Its not news that reptilians are among us. There's proof all over youtube.

jk

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Utterly ridiculous. Was she truly pregnant for 8 months? Turning up with a lizard would make her a liar, not a bloody witch!

@ - yeahkeepwatchingme - What size of 'animal' are you suggesting? lol

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ah, witch hunt hysteria never did go away *sigh*. She did not give birth to a lizard. Hopefully she will be safe after such a ridiculous claim.

"Someone needs to test the woman and the Gecko to see if they truly are mother and child."
Likely if they believe she birthed a lizard in the first place, they will not believe a DNA test.

Conspiracy wise- Besides even if it was a Reptoid, it would be at least partly assuming humanoid form.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I've personally read of a frog emerging from a woman.

As far as the world knows, the only non-human births from a human have been small animals, ones that can easily swim into a human, or whose eggs can somehow find their way in.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Picture or it never happened...!

second line......

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: amkia

Ah maybe not of this but of several of these: VIEWER DISCRETION, some of the pics of the animals ARE GROSS!

Uggghhhh

This is the frog I was speaking of:

Strange Creatures Women Have Given Birth To

(Is the picture of the "snake baby" in the first article actually a human with harlequin icthyosis?)

((to be honest I don't know if the links with gross pics like this are allowed so if it isn't please remove))

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ive read this same story before... like a couple of years ago. It was in Indonesia as well. I wonder if its just the same "story" re-circulated??

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Hmmm, or it does happen albeit rarely in countries with less-advanced medical care?

I can imagine if pain is felt, they try to deal with it themselves or go to a "clinic" or a folk healer(in certain cultures still). Or if they do have access to medical care it's probably substandard and the pain is misdiagnosed/written off....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Okay, for a moment there I thought you were suggesting monkeys or lobster-type animals!

I'd have to read about the frog in something like the BMJ to believe it. So many urban myths that I squint out of one eye

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I think you are right. I tested my theory that its a recirculated story by putting some of the copy into google to see if it showed up elsewhere at an earlier date...

it didnt.

ETA: I just checked your link--I wanna pet Zonkey!!!

edit on 4-10-2014 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

(post by ShadowLink removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
That's awesome.... Now batboy won't have to feel so utterly alone...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I say that this story and others like it are fiction; fabricated. I believe this story is a HOAX.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: amkia

Ah maybe not of this but of several of these: VIEWER DISCRETION, some of the pics of the animals ARE GROSS!

Uggghhhh

This is the frog I was speaking of:

Strange Creatures Women Have Given Birth To

(Is the picture of the "snake baby" in the first article actually a human with harlequin icthyosis?)

((to be honest I don't know if the links with gross pics like this are allowed so if it isn't please remove))

Come on dude, give your brain a shake to wake it up ! So you believe that a woman named 'Ima Dumbas' who comes from 'getyourwalletout' really gave birth to an octopus do you ? REALLY ? OMG !
oh dear

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
after seeing some really bizaare videos of strange unidentified creatures it might not be as crazy as it sounds

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

Read the second story, about the frog.

Here, another link:

Iranian Woman Gives Birth To Frog

Problem is, most sites "debunking" the story ride with the same claim. Because the stock photo accompanying the articles was of a frog species that is not native to Iran, it meant the story must be fake.

So following the same logic, a news story about police brutality can be ruled a fake because the stock photograph in the article is of a police officer from another state or county.

new topics

top topics

join