It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School bombing kills 41 children in Syria: monitor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Beirut (AFP) - At least 41 Syrian children aged under 12 were killed Wednesday in a double bombing by a lone assailant at a school in the government-controlled city of Homs, a monitor said.

They were among 48 people who died in the attacks in the Akrameh neighbourhood, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said, updating an earlier toll.

"At least 41 schoolchildren were killed in the double bombing at the Akrameh al-Makhzumi school in Homs city today. Several children are still missing, and the toll may rise further still," said Observatory director Rami Abdel Rahman.

The adults killed were four civilians and three members of the security forces.

One attacker carried out both bombings.

"He planted a bomb at one location at the school, and then blew himself up at another spot nearby," Abdel Rahman told AFP of the attacker.

What a despicable piece of trash... May he be tormented in the afterlife forever and his victims rest in eternal peace.

Good thing the west is supporting the so called moderate rebels...
edit on 3-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

"He planted a bomb at one location at the school, and then blew himself up at another spot nearby," Abdel Rahman told AFP of the attacker.

and he did this all for Allah! He might as well be worshiping devil. I can't understand how anyone would think their God would condone such a thing. These people are sick, and they should pay dearly in the after life.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yeah I agree, they don't worship God, they worship the Devil. And I also am confused how anyone of any religion can murder innocent people in the name of God. Brainwashing and stupidity are a powerful thing! Throw in religion and you got a recipe for disaster!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
They appear to worship death.......
This is their stated goal......
Kind of strange mindset....

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Yeah I agree, they don't worship God, they worship the Devil. And I also am confused how anyone of any religion can murder innocent people in the name of God.
for any reason.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
WTF man. I get that it's more terrorizing when you involve kids, but what kind of person involves kids? If anything it seems like it would just backfire and piss off all the moderates and nutters that were on the fence about your cause.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

They do it because they believe in one faith, their faith. It's religion that is the glue that binds them.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
my point which you may have missed is that they are anti life....which pits them into a sort of insanity category.....
Kind of like a human ebola clique which may just similarly burn itself out for lack of remaining victims.....

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Tearman

They do it because they believe in one faith, their faith. It's religion that is the glue that binds them.

The glue that binds them together is mental illness, not religion.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Not religion? Come on now, I agree with mental illness but clearly religion is the driving force.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
of course it is religion that drives them. It is islam.

I don't care how many people cry that it isn't Islam, it is.

I know I am guilty of painting all Muslims with the same broad brush and I know I shouldnt, but not every muslim jihad involves bombs.

From trying to enforce sharia law in the US to getting certain foods banned to special accommodations muslims everywhere seem hell bent on forcing their religion upon everybody.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Just because some mentally deficient, enraged people who perceive injustice or seek vengeance as their agenda look to or use religion as a rallying point or an excuse for their choices or a recruitment or dividing tool does not mean it is religion that is driving them.

It's a fine point, I know, and one that requires some hard thinking, but that is the reality of it.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

of course it is religion that drives them. It is islam.

48 Muslims have been killed by a lone-lunatic and you blame Islam?

Are you that confused...
Islam is the victim here!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

48 Muslims have been killed by a lone-lunatic and you blame Islam?

Are you that confused...
Islam is the victim here!

In many other contexts many here have argued over the years that an Islamic fanatic blowing himself up would be considered 'Justified' depending on the situation.

In this case differing branches of Islamic beliefs are both the victim and the perp.

My heart goes out to the survivors and the families of the victims.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

In many other contexts many here have argued over the years that an Islamic fanatic blowing himself up would be considered 'Justified' depending on the situation.

They're talking about Jihad...
The problem is these children didn't attack the perp...

& they're children...

This would not be justified by Islam!

You think it may be sectarian.
I tend to agree it would seem so...
The school is in a predominantly Shiite community but I have not found what sect this disgrace belonged too...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

They're talking about Jihad...
The problem is these children didn't attack the perp...

& they're children...

In his twisted version of Islam he was on a Jihad.

This would not be justified by Islam!

You think it may be sectarian.
I tend to agree it would seem so...

Sectarian violence from one extent or another in the region has, as you well know, has been going on since the split.

The school is in a predominantly Shiite community but I have not found what sect this disgrace belonged too...

My condolences to the families.

edit on 4-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Sectarian violence from one extent or another in the region has, as you well know, has been going on since the split.

Yep and since the split this has to be one of the most extreme cases I've heard so far...
I'm surprised the thread is still on page 1!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

My condolences to the families.

Yes I'm with you on that...
A damned shame!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I'm surprised the thread is still on page 1!

If this thread's premise were about an American/West, or Israeli jet bombing a school of Muslim children you could bet your bottom dollar it'd be a very active board topic as it should be.

Dare I say it?

A story about Brown people killing other Brown people isn't worth discussing for some I suppose...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I was about to edit my post and say something almost identical...

Even on such a slow day for ATS, stands to reason that what you said is true!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join