It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danger: How safe is our money?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
According to the CDC
www.cdc.gov...
“What does “direct contact” mean?
Direct contact means that body fluids (blood, saliva, mucus, vomit, urine, or feces) from an infected person (alive or dead) have touched someone’s eyes, nose, or mouth or an open cut, wound, or abrasion.
How long does Ebola live outside the body?
Ebola is killed with hospital-grade disinfectants (such as household bleach). Ebola on dried on surfaces such as doorknobs and counter tops can survive for several hours; however, virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature.”

An alarming question is then, how long can it stay alive on money?
Several Hours!
If it is Not Airborne, then why the masks?

According to the CDC
www.cdc.gov...
“What does “direct contact” mean?
Direct contact means that body fluids (blood, saliva, mucus, vomit, urine, or feces) from an infected person (alive or dead) have touched someone’s eyes, nose, or mouth or an open cut, wound, or abrasion.
How long does Ebola live outside the body?
Ebola is killed with hospital-grade disinfectants (such as household bleach). Ebola on dried on surfaces such as doorknobs and counter tops can survive for several hours; however, virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature.”
An alarming question is then, how long can it stay alive on money?
Several Hours!
Did the "visitor" purchase anything with cash while infected?
Did anyone accept money from the "visitor"?
The rout of infection to the medical staff caring for the Ebola victims is unknown.
Was it inhaled? Did they touch a surface or money that was contaminated?
What about the Nigerian “visitor” that came from Liberia to Dallas Texas?
aun-tv.com...
Will we have more "visitors" to the U.S. to receive free Ebola care?
He arrived in the U.S. on 09/19/2014 and developed symptoms 4 days later.
The family he lived with, the children that he exposed, the money that he handled, the people that he came in contact with in the ER waiting room, all have the propensity to have been infected with Ebola.
And I’ll bet my bottom dollar that we have not heard the last of Ebola in Texas.

edit on V202014Wednesdaypm31America/ChicagoWed, 01 Oct 2014 14:20:20 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

That is something to consider, I've seen blood on money before along with other nasty things.

I do have an idea though, if anyone is unsure about the money they possess, pm me and I will give you an address where you can sent it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ebola could just be a step in the direction of confiscating all currency and then micro-chipping us so we have access to the credits they issue us for that money.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Droplets, when people sneeze there is often big droplets so they need to dress up totally. People sweat and sweat can have ebola too. People touches their face and hair 2-4 times in one minute, dressing up also reminds them not to touch their faces.
There have been cases in Africa that people who didn´t have Ebola got it from hospital beds, there is a lack of resources, staff and lack of hospital beds.. a lot has gone wrong.

And it´s not only money which might be infectious also ATMs and everything you have to put your pincode. Cashers do not wipe those machines clean and how often those are cleaned might surprise you the answer is almost never.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

That is something to consider, I've seen blood on money before along with other nasty things.

I do have an idea though, if anyone is unsure about the money they possess, pm me and I will give you an address where you can sent it.

LOL ...... it's always the smart one's that make me laugh. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My wife works at a credit union. I asked her how dirty money was. She gave me a one word answer...."yuck"

That's good enough for me,,

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
And debit and credit cards, those get handed over too. And door handles. And many thousands of other things. People that grocery shop and pick up veggies and squeeze them (we all do that, have to. Else you could get unripe or mushy fruits, ew).

so yeah, this is TERRIFYING.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Funny enough, about a Month or 2 back I was thinking of starting a Thread on Food shipped over from the Infected Country's.... how long would it survive on food? And then even if someone is infected already over here and they go shopping... put there hands on the Veg & Fruits, well, you could be the next one to touch that fruit or even eat it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
And now, a possible 2nd confirmed case.
www.usatoday.com...

The world as we have known it, has been forever changed.
GOD help us!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Virus do not survive long, if they do, their potency goes down.

During my BSc on Microbiology, we tested some strains of virus and bacteria(yeah not Ebola of course) but most of them share the same span outside a living cell.

Virus usually survives from few mins to an 1 hour, but they get really weak after few mins.

Bacteria on the other hand, when given proper conditions, can live for days.

Masks are worn to prevent dust(which may have vrius stuckon them) from breathing in?

What do you mean "visitor"? you think it was planned?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream
I don't know.
However, the term "visitor" is a direct quote from
aun-tv.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

Ebola could just be a step in the direction of confiscating all currency and then micro-chipping us so we have access to the credits they issue us for that money.

Once we go totally cashless, they will be able to rip us off with total impunity.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
And now, a possible 2nd confirmed case.
www.usatoday.com...

The world as we have known it, has been forever changed.
GOD help us!

Bloody idiots still travelling back and forth. I'm not in the USA but I do hope it is contained to just those few people being monitored otherwise there will be an outbreak over there....

What ever happened to 'common sense' & 'Responsibility'??

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: Witness2008

Once we go totally cashless, they will be able to rip us off with total impunity.

funny you should say that since the OP have given us a reason to fear money......the only way to get change to a cashless society is to have the masses screaming for it

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Of course they will rob us blind. The slave trade is one of the more ingenious industries. The only difference between slavery now and the old plantation system is that now days we pay for our own housing and upkeep.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I've just recently gotten over a cold, and it's crazy how fast something can spread and how important it is to wash your hands regularly.

I used to work in food industry, started off in Pizza and would handle money then go make a pizza, BUT I always washed my hands, and spirtted a little hand sanitiser right after to make sure.
When I worked in food working my way up in the chain of restaurants I RARELY got sick because of hygenic reasons.

But where I work now there was a cold going around and somehow I got it. Thing is, I'm a welder so I don't really talk to anymore, I wear a resperator, I'm usually in a confined space where no-one else goes. But I got sick! And so did like three other guys.
I came to the conclusion that it was the heavy duty soap that pretty much everyone shoves them hands into, it didn't have any sort of anti bacterial, or virus killing agents in it, that's why there was 'normal' soap beside it... I never used it.
That's how easy 'germs' can be spread, so yea I believe you can get something like Ebola from just money alone, all it takes is someone to sneeze on their hand, grab some pocket money, hand it over to you or someone, then you touch your hands or face. Boom, it begins.

edit on 2-10-2014 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The signs of coming dystopian/apocalypse sure are coming in fast and hard. I'm mostly banking on my above average immune system. I suggest you stop washing your hands altogether. If this becomes a real pandemic then trying to avoid the disease by washing your hands and avoiding contact will be futile unless you are a prepper with fully stocked bunker.

People catch the seasonal flus every year despite all these precautions. You can't avoid widespread diseases without herculean and psychotic efforts. My suggestion is that you start building up your immune system now. The government will not cure you even if they can and your immune system is your strongest defense.

This disease will rampage through a nation of hypochondriacs who've spent their whole lives in semi sterile environments popping antibiotics for the common cold and taking Advil or Tylenol at the drop of a hat. If you are over of the OCD hand washing types I see all over you should be very very worried.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I work in a gas station and handle money all day long!! It's driving me nuts speculating about what germs might be lurking on the coins and bills so to give my self just a little peace of mind I bought a box of disposable rubber gloves, real nifty black ones
When customers ask why I am wearing gloves I tell them Im worried about a stomach bug going around. The nice thing about the gloves is they possibly keep my hands free from germs but they also prevent me from touching my hair or my face while I'm wearing them. As for credit card machines/atms start carrying a spray can of Lysol we have been spraying our credit card machine down for years and it hasnt hurt the machine and it helps with common germs.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
One thing that has always bother me was the produce in our grocery stores. so much is not sealed and is handled by shoppers it makes me leery during the flu season. Now there's ebola yikes!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lostsock

I've never seen the black ones, but I will definitely look for them now. What a great idea, as black ones would most certainly draw my attention and make me more careful. Maybe I'll use them with a shopping cart in a store. Ever since our local TV station did a program on that, I've been so leery of the germs on the handles.

<<   2 >>

join