It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failing our veterans: We cannot leave US Marine Tahmooressi behind in Mexico

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

Surprises me too... but it gets worse...
Outrageous: Obama Just Spat In The Face Of Two Vietnam Vets Trying To Save A Fellow Marine

Seems no one really cares about Vets any more... Now that were no longer needed to defend our nation that is.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Entheogenic Now you sound like the POS in the dark house.Looks like you have lived here w/o being an American.Must have been better where you came from." Everything that is wrong with the US" He ."fought for freedom "like that's meaningless What have you done? The Att general can sell automatic weapons to the drug cartels but a veteran can't make an honest mistake.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Just cause you walk 300 miles doesn't mean the president has to talk to you, you can't just walk up to the white house and have a sit down with president....
This is yellow journalism at its best, OMG vets were not giving the time of day by the busiest person in the united states, obviously barry did this cause they are vets and hate america.
Come on!

The SGT broke the law, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BORDER, and now he is paying the price.
Yes he served but for the 1000th time, that does not put him above the law.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Do you honestly believe most VETS join the military for patriotism?

There is a reason the poor south is heavily recruited.

Most I know join the military for the benefits. It's a job.

A FORMER Marine drives into Mexico with guns. A FORMER Marine living in his car in CA, with his guns.

Mexico said if the US can prove his psych eval, they'll release him. Sounds to me like that's how it should be.

edit on 4-10-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Do you honestly believe most VETS join the military for patriotism?

There is a reason the poor south is heavily recruited.

Most I know join the military for the benefits. It's a job.

A FORMER Marine drives into Mexico with guns. A FORMER Marine living in his car in CA, with his guns.

Mexico said if the US can prove his psych eval, they'll release him. Sounds to me like that's how it should be.

Agreed. Most people join because of the benefits.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid LHO killed JFK- sounds like you need a cool aid refill. I love how the FBI went to the morgue to put his palm print on the rifle. No gun shot residue on his face or hands. Never have released his tax returns, Check out the picture of George Bush Sr in front of the school book Dep... just like he said "im a patsy"

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychicCroMag
I love how the FBI went to the morgue to put his palm print on the rifle.

You have real facts to back this up?

Or, is this what you choose to believe?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well, Hypothetically if someone knew where he was being held, and had the ability to go get him, and maybe a helicopter, put a plan together, even a drone and some cover, he could come back across the old coyote way.

Seriously sometimes we all make wrong turns, I was once in Michigan and almost ended up in Canada.

So yeah it's possible. Everyone is human, Bring this man home, weather he was doing something illegal intentionally or not, we have an enormous amount of illegal's here, if they are caught we ship them home. Our man was caught deport him back to America, thanks.
edit on 4-10-2014 by iclimbtowers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

He broke the F,ing law

Ignorance is no excuse!

If a Mexican had done the same you would be demanding he be locked.

Dont see why being a American is a get out of jail free card!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: TKDRL
He shouldn't have crossed the border with guns. He broke their laws, and is paying the price. I don't feel bad when a mexican breaks our laws and go to prison, why should I feel bad for an american going to prison for breaking mexican laws?

Every single GD day thousands of illegals cross that border to the tune of 10's of millions now live here.

Then Mexican side declares the border 'matters'.

Hell lots of ILLEGAL stuff comes across that border that doesn't include people. guns,drugs, and even them 'terrorists'.

What a joke.

But let's get real.

US military servicement fight, and die for us.

The least we can do is fight for them.

No matter where they are.

Well thats a issue for the AMERICAN border police.

Mexico is a sovereign country and can enforce what laws it likes.

And being a American does not excuse one from foreign laws.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag
He broke their laws, and he also broke CA laws, period. Am I gonna cry if mexican soldiers are arrested and prosecuted? Hell no. Stop trying to paint me as a hypocrite, I am all for securing our border. I want stronger border control, and I want illegals booted out on their ass back home. It would make me a hypocrite to support the US securing the US border, and enforcing the laws, while calling foul when mexico does just that.

edit on Sat, 04 Oct 2014 19:51:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: iclimbtowers
If they are caught breaking other laws, we don't ship them home, we ship them to prison. He wasn't arrested for being an illegal worker, he was arrested smuggling guns over the border.

Try that on the canadian border, you get the same result. Canada is not anti-gun like mexico either, I have an arsenal personally, and not a single gun is registered. I only had to sell my handguns when I moved up here, "assault rifles"(not really unless you go by the laughable liberal definition), shotguns, and high caliber rifles, no problem.
edit on Sat, 04 Oct 2014 20:00:49 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think its so hilariously funny.

If a Mexican Vet had accidental taken a wrong turn into the USA with a boot full of drugs accident or not and got locked up. Americans on here would be cheering his imprisonment.

I mean really.....

You go into another country....accident or not and you are SUBJECT to that country's laws.

The US constitution and American rights DO NOT extend outside US borders.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wow logical non biased views dominated this thread. Way to go guys. That's not too common even on a site as open minded as this one. Or maybe it's less credit to us and more credit to how blatantly he's in the wrong.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

He broke the F,ing law

Ignorance is no excuse!

If a Mexican had done the same you would be demanding he be locked.

Dont see why being a American is a get out of jail free card!

the guy isn't a weapons smuggler if he calls 911 before entering Mexico to say he made a mistake before hand.
he's also not a smuggler if he tells the border guards he has guns in his truck.
that was a mistake ---not a reason to be locked up for 6 months...

and we let lose Mexican 36,000 of there guys... why can't they return the favor and send back just one of ours?

Government watchdog Judicial Watch said it’s filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the Department of Homeland Security, accusing the agency of stonewalling and failing to provide records on 36,000 criminal illegal immigrants who were released from government detention.

The requested information was aimed at understanding why ICE freed 36,007 criminal aliens who were awaiting deportation proceedings — aliens who had committed the likes of homicide, sexual assault, kidnapping and aggravated assault, Judicial Watch said in a statement.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
the guy isn't a weapons smuggler if he calls 911 before entering Mexico to say he made a mistake before hand.

According to the LA Times he didn't call 911 until they were confiscating his guns.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

it was the San Diego Union-Tribune who first plubished the 911 call

"My problem is I crossed the border by accident and I have three guns in my truck and they are trying to possess ..they're trying to take my guns from me."

He called right after telling the Mexican border guard about the guns in his truck.
Yo Tengo armas en mi camioneta... is not something a big time arms smuggler would say to a border guard

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: intrepid

it was the San Diego Union-Tribune who first plubished the 911 call

"My problem is I crossed the border by accident and I have three guns in my truck and they are trying to possess ..they're trying to take my guns from me."

Only one problem with that. That's his word. His actions said differently. The guards acted on the actions.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Does not matter, He was No longer a American Citizen in a USA state once he passed that border.

He was under under another sovereign country.And if that country wants to be anal buttholes over it, thats there right.

Dont like it? Avoid Mexico. It not America good given right so expect every country to roll out the red carpet.
edit on 6-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
As another fellow member has already mentioned it.

This guy was most likely a shooting spree waiting to happen, so instead of whining about this guy being arrested. We should actually be thanking those brave federales for locking this guy up and taking his guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join