It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failing our veterans: We cannot leave US Marine Tahmooressi behind in Mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: TKDRL

So it was okay for Obama to release 5 key al qaeda leaders in exchange for another young Marine who was captured while AWOL... but not this kid who made a wrong turn, admitted to his mistake as well...

That could have easily been you or I who got into the wrong traffic lane... He made a simple mistake that's all.

What is the difference between those "leaders" and this guy? He was charged with a crime they were not. He was given due process they were not. They were held illegally he is not being held illegally.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: HardCorps

An easy way to fix it would be for US Customs to arrest Mexican law enforcement and military who cross over by accident into the US.

3 truck loads of Mexican military, armed, whose lead vehicle took a wrong turn and ended up in the US.

A Mexican Police Officer following an ambulance across the border thought he could go with it to the Hospital.

This Marines detention is political.

I agree.This is more of a hostage situation.Wonder what the corrupt bandits want?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: Xcathdra

An easy way to fix it would be for US Customs to arrest Mexican law enforcement and military who cross over by accident into the US.

3 truck loads of Mexican military, armed, whose lead vehicle took a wrong turn and ended up in the US.

A Mexican Police Officer following an ambulance across the border thought he could go with it to the Hospital.

I agree.This is more of a hostage situation.Wonder what the corrupt bandits want?

OK. Explain Guantanamo Bay to me then.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

More of how much you want to bet that if we could find out how many guns this guy bought in the last year, we would discover he has a pretty lucrative business running guns to Mexico.
edit on 1012014 by bhliberal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Exactly my experience as well. The toll booths are like 10 feet from the parkinglot and customs building.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

OK. Explain Guantanamo Bay to me then.

I'm not sure I'm following.Guantanamo prisoners are battefield combatants, not hostages.And if they we're who would pay for their release?If your referring to corrupt bandits in Washington that goes without saying.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal

More of how much you want to bet that if we could find out how many guns this guy bought in the last year, we would discover he has a pretty lucrative business running guns to Mexico.

3 at a time?Is that even worth the gas?
edit on CDTWedpm3461 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes it is.

A big part of it, IMO, is because guns are involved. It is part of the political and social gun control issue - hoopla.

edit:

Can't have something good some out of an issue that has guns connected to it.
edit on 10/1/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Did the mom watch what she said happen?
I wouldn't put it past the mexican police to do something like that put doesn't mean that I would take her word as fact.
I still don't get how you just make a wrong turn into mexico, there are signs on the American side that tell you are about to enter, why was he not able to turn on around on American soil?

The sign for the turn around spot was covered with Graffiti and unreadable.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

(A) Bringing home active troops (POWs) is a different mission than negotiated the release of someone arrested for breaking the law in a friendly country. It is the difference between diplomatic negotiations and Seal Team Six.

(B) Yes, I have been following the story from the beginning and he needs to be brought home.

That said...Has anyone mentioned this part of the story yet?

(CNN) -- A U.S. Marine sergeant jailed in Mexico since late March for crossing the border with several guns in his car said Friday that he had walked across the border on foot and stayed at a Tijuana hotel earlier on the day of his arrest.

Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, who also said he attempted suicide while being abused by his Mexican jailers, has maintained that he took a wrong turn on the California side of the border, his vehicle carrying firearms he said he legally owns but are unlawful to bring into Mexico.

"I stayed in a hotel earlier in the day," Tahmooressi said Friday in an interview with CNN's "New Day."

"I parked my truck at a parking lot on the American side ... and I walk into Mexico with a backpack with extra clothes and hygiene supplies, passport, wallet. And I decide to go hang out in Mexico for some good Mexican food, inexpensive place to stay and to hang out."

Asked about Mexican media reports that he had crossed the border into Mexico several times before his March 31 arrest, Tahmooressi told CNN in a telephone interview from La Mesa penitentiary in Tijuana that he had previously traveled there four times "just to hang out."

He denied crossing the border with the intent of trafficking arms. He had an AR-15 rifle, a .45-caliber pistol and a 12-gauge pump shotgun in his truck.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 1-10-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Couple hundred bucks a gun, several times a week, yea, I think the gas is covered. Probably was pulling up to four thousand a month in his spare time.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Did a little more reading up. Apparently he was screwed either way. He should have chosen to get busted on the US side IMO. He was committing felonies by having all his guns locked and loaded, and not secured properly in CA, and he was obviously breaking the law by bringing guns into mexico, loaded or not. He also made the mistake of going through customs in the nothing to declare line, not declaring the weapons at the border, and didn't call 911 until about an hour of being in mexico and knew he was busted. He screwed up bigtime.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal
That's stretching it a bit lol. So far I have heard he crossed the border 4 total times, one of the times was earlier that morning, so I don't buy the whole oops mistake part. If he was gunrunning, I think that was his first trip, more likely it seems he felt he was above the law, and he would be bailed out if busted since he was a vet.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Bring Sgt. Tahmooressi Home.

He served this Country by doing (2) TWO Tours of Duty in Afghanistan.

He has severe PTSD .

He was in San Diego for treatment of PTSD. Not to run a WHOOPING (3) GUNS across the border for profit. Yeah real BIG money in that...

He saved other Marines' lives in battle.

What more should this guy have to sacrifice?

AND...what have any of you that want him to rot in a pit in Mexico done for the U.S. or your own Country lately?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

As I pointed out earlier, Oswald also served his country. Same branch of the military.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Seems to me the war in the Middle East has just given the US a broken economy, debit, made a few large corporations much money and hurt many young men and women.

But by all means let's keep up the warring.

The government could get this man back if it wanted. Period.

What we are seeing is that the US citizen means squat to the government today. But by all means vote the same players back into Congress, as usual. We are getting what we have allowed to be.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

But how about the parking lot that you would park and walk across? Is that before the turn around point?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

As I pointed out earlier, Oswald also served his country. Same branch of the military.

Sorry Intrepid, I guess I am missing the connection.

Oswald was a Marine, ergo all Marines are bad?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Well I did my time in the service but just cause he was a marine doesn't mean we need to allow him to break laws on both sides. Locked and loaded guns with illegal mags?
This man broke the law and people are breaking their back to over look that cause he served in a war, one that did nothing to protect our freedom.
And if you can get a couple grand for each, it's not bad money at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173

originally posted by: intrepid

Sorry Intrepid, I guess I am missing the connection.

Oswald was a Marine, ergo all Marines are bad?

Hardly. I have a great deal of respect for the Marines. I'm just saying because one IS a Marine doesn't make him.... what? Above the law? A saint? Whatever?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join