It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists Off-Limits But Christians Fair Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well I'm not a practicing christian but if people followed the 10 commandments there would be complete & utter peace on Earth. No question what so ever. There also would not be an aids epidemic either. If people stopped sleeping around and having un protected sex not too mention all the scum bag bi-sexual men who sleep with male partners then pass diseases to women there wouldn't be all these STD's. I mean common on Brothels & bath houses shouldn't exist in the first place.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
I can understand the opinions of liberals at times. They are scared that our rights can be taken away from us and we may get to a "point of no return".

I worry about the same things but stop short of worrying about the Gitmo guys. And that is if the guys that are at Gitmo are terrorists working for, along side, or sypathize with Al Quada. Now if I am a liberal for worrying that my good guy neighbor is labeled a "enemy combatant" and locked up forever then call me a liberal.

But overall I am far from a Liberal, I am a conservative that is not for Democrat or Republican..... I am for country. I will back and vote for anyone that will advance my country and make it and the World a Better place.
Is this out of Hillarys new handbook of DNC Talking points?

I am not a religious freak so no flamming. I worry that this country is going away from God. When one believes in God and follows the Bible you aknowledge that There is a higher being other than yourself. When you have reached that point that you can not always be right and you tend to look for guidence. When you follow the Bible you believe in a set of laws and list of ways how you can run your life without doing harm to others.

I am not saying read the Bible every day and attend Church every Sunday, I am just saying that if you are good, good things will happen to you.

There are many people in a position of power, be it the Presidency or an educational institution, that can be damaging to this country and the world.

Sorry for the Rant and getting a little off subject.

Why don't you look at the real reason the Crusades took place. Moden leftist history plays it like Euro/Christians were trying to destroy islam. Infact it was the Christians that had to band together to stop the cult from taking over europe. Incase you hadent noticed Hindu's, Jews, budistsand Christians are not at war with eachother but all are at war with islam. So who is the real menace here.

-Reason

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I think its rather that these 'liberals' are threatened by the near maniacal ravenings of the crazies who claim to speak for god, or to be the only ones that can understand god or whatever. "Oh jesus, I pray to you, save me, save me from your followers' sort of thing

Dude, get a life. So we're crazy for believing in GOD?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I say we are wasting time and money by keeping the terrorists alive. Take em all out and do away with them. Saddam as well. They are doing the same to our people. Heck, they are doing it to civilians over there trying to help them. Shoot em all.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
here's mine........ oh, and everyone on this board seems to think i'm a conservative.......

SUSPECTED terrorists should be either shot on the battlefield or taken into custody, questioned and tried in a court where they have access to all those things an American courtroom has, such as a jury, evidence in their favor and evidence against, presented by clear-spoken individuals. they have this right as human beings, if we believe it in this country that all men are created equal, then that means ALL men. believe me, i am not a fan of terrorists, i am not a fan of fanatical islam. i love my country, i would have voted for bush's second term if i thought there was a need to in my state (TX), but i disagree greatly with the detainment and prosecution of SUSPECTED terrorists. does the administration, or army, or whoever is rounding these guys up think that they are flawless in capturing ONLY those who are terrorists and not accidently capturing any innocent people? they must, but i highly doubt that they have no innocent people in these detainment camps, just as there are innocent people behind bars in this country, granted a very small percentage, but if one man suffers for a crime he did not commit, the system is damaged. well, the system, i feel, is damaged. i understand the time limitations involved here, but there is a process that must be followed if we believe we are doing right. there are lines we must not cross in the quest for freedom and justice.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
And what of those that the evidence is not enough to convict in a court of law among peers and yet is found overwhelmingly guilty in a civil trial?

Think OJ.

Now, these folks want to kill thousands of Americans at once and you want to give them the benefit of the doubt? How about grab all the ones in which the proof has not yet been obtained and release them in your hometown?

I hate when an innocent one gets in trouble but the country is at WAR and some luxuries are not in the cards..

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Freedom is a luxury? Are you kidding me? Freedom is a right, inherent in humanity. All I can say is WTF? I'm sure Saddam thought the same thing about his citizens.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Freedom is a luxury? Are you kidding me? Freedom is a right, inherent in humanity. All I can say is WTF? I'm sure Saddam thought the same thing about his citizens.

Actually freedom is an option, you get it with the "Luxury Model" (a democracy) and it's usually financed at an outrageous APR.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Actually freedom is an option, you get it with the "Luxury Model" (a democracy) and it's usually financed at an outrageous APR.

Thats funny as hell m8!

As for freedom being a right, so under no circumstances should it be infringed upon then?

So when the need is there to lose some, you would fight it if it meant losing it all?

These damn people or at least most BEHEAD people man. If there are some there that are innocent then that is sad but tough #! They shouldnt have been in a war zone armed and shooting. The people of 911 damn sure were not in a war zone.

Look by your logic, let then loose. Fine send them all to Massachusetts and make sure they can not leave the state ok?

By your logic, if one person is executed from death row who was innocent, then all people on death row should be granted a reprieve?

innocent people die and more will die, but sometimes you have to push forward...as I have said and no one seems willing to answer, in GITMO there are a few hundred prisoners, but thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan, and you think the US flew these few hundred all the way to Cuba for a vacation?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
So when the need is there to lose some, you would fight it if it meant losing it all?

Well, since you want to get personal, I am sovereign citizen responsible enough to govern myself.

Look by your logic, let then loose. Fine send them all to Massachusetts and make sure they can not leave the state ok?

Why would we bring people from Afghanistan and Iraq to Massachusetts and set them loose? That doesn't make any sense ed. We deport illegals back to their country everyday.

By your logic, if one person is executed from death row who was innocent, then all people on death row should be granted a reprieve?

Once again, where do you get this from ed? Are you trying to say that if the person is innocent than let them rot in jail? We have due process man.

innocent people die and more will die, but sometimes you have to push forward...as I have said and no one seems willing to answer, in GITMO there are a few hundred prisoners, but thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan, and you think the US flew these few hundred all the way to Cuba for a vacation?

The logical answer is to try these people in a court of law. Simple.

Do we liberate the innocent ones from a dictator just to put them under another? And by the way, people live in war-torn Afghistan and Iraq in case you didn't notice. Don't go to the extreme again and assume that by one person being innocent, I mean to let them all go. That is illogical and I don't understand how you can function with your kind of logic. But, aside from that, send the innocent ones home....simple.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Why does this thread exist? From what I understand, the United States is currently at war with these alleged terrorists and killing multiple people claimed as being terrorists on a daily basis. How then are they off limits when thousands of suspected terrorists have been killed? This thread makes zero sense to me.

When I read about Christians being bombed and sniped at in the streets of the United States at the hands of these professors, then you can make a thread like this.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Religious Wars

The current conflict between “leftists” and Christianity is just another religious war.

In this case it's Marxism – the least tolerant religion ever devised by man (so intolerant and dishonest it refuses to label itself accurately as a religion) – versus Christianity, which has tolerance problems of its own.

In classrooms, Marxism (the official state religion of academia) and Christianity are like two cats in a shoe box.

The students are caught in the middle, and seem to be the ones both parties in the struggle care about least.

Except to recruit them as foot soldiers in a war between religions.

A sad state of affairs, but hardly unprecedented, and illustrative of human nature.

So we now have a situation where those who should be educating children indoctrinate them and neglect basic skills such as literacy in favor of using students as pawns to promote political agendas.

It's a pathetic and regrettable thing to witness.

I pray that academics find a way to put and end to this madness, lest they be the generation responsible for the downfall of a tradition of academic pursuit and integrity that has been guarded by dutiful and honorable scholars for centuries.

The alternative is that today's scholars may themselves be the harbingers of a new Dark Age that will result from their malfeasance.

That is something I would not want to have on my conscience.

I urge all educators to perform their sacred duties to teach their students competently and renounce religious indoctrination in classrooms.

Especially the odious religion of Marxism.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Lefties, marxism? War on Christianity?

So are Christianity and Conservatism and Capitalism officially interchangable dogma now?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Immoral Equivalency

Originally posted by RANT
Lefties, marxism? War on Christianity?

So are Christianity and Conservatism and Capitalism officially interchangable dogma now?

Only among those who deliberately seek to equate them and thus spread deceit about them.

Each of those terms has a specific definition.

Anyone seeking to blur them is engaging in deception.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Anyone seeking to blur them is engaging in deception.

Well that's how I feel too including those that would consider a sincere effort at a neutral secular position to be anti-Christian.

Or to press the point, anyone that attempts to charge a neutral non-position as secularism creating a straw dichotomy.

I'm not equipped at the moment to argue the finer points of whether or not America's state religion (in matters of education) actually is Marxism, but gee that sounds like complete bull #.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Christians are terrorists. WHat do you call someone who blows up a building? Does drive by shootings? Burn houses down? Snipe people for doing thier LEGAL job? Drive by shootings on a woman who had an abortion 5 years ago after she was raped, sniping the doctor who performed the abortion 5 years ago and now does pediatrician work, blowing up the entire hospital and burning down what is left from the hospital the abortion was done at.

I like that, they are the majority but are sooooo oppressed.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Religious Privilege

Well that's how I feel too including those that would consider a sincere effort at a neutral secular position to be anti-Christian.

I agree wholeheartedly. My complaint against Christians is their attempt to incorporate their dogma into secular education. My complaint is equally valid for Marxists.

House Of Straw

Or to press the point, anyone that attempts to charge a neutral non-position as secularism creating a straw dichotomy.

Indeed, that would be dishonest. Thus the promotion of a political agenda which substitutes a pseudo-religion for academic skepticism and accepts it as gospel is non-secular, and therefore a fraud.

Wisely Avoiding Topic Drift

I'm not equipped at the moment to argue the finer points of whether or not America's state religion (in matters of education) actually is Marxism, but gee that sounds like complete bull #.

And I'm not going to belabor the point by dumping the background research for that thesis in this thread.

But I have identified all the classic elements of religion in Marxism, and it is a religion.

It just happens to be a religion that is too dishonest to admit it, and is intolerant to an unprecedented degree.

And it is the most prevalent religion in U.S. academic institutions as well as academic institutions around the world, and no amount of false denials or defense by insult will change the truth of that.

[edit on 2/17/2005 by Majic]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Jamuhn Iam glad that you will never influnence anyone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join