It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully
Wolf Blitzer just showed a video of the dude with the power washer and asked Sanjay if it was an acceptable practice.
Sanjay said no. Too bad Wolf didn't press the matter and ask if the power washers should be added to the list.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

originally posted by: Doodle19815
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

And at what point can we consider these idiots terrorists?

I mean is she out at Walmart rubbing her hands on the fruit. Can it be construed as purposeful?

Really this is what fear does inside the mind. This man probably did know he had it but when you are faced with certain death would you not want to see your family one more time. Also he knows going to America greatly raises his chances of survival.

This man caught the disease helping a dying non family member try and survive. He knew the risk but his empathy was greater than his fear. I wonder how many posters saying this crap would do the same..........Not many I bet. He did the wrong thing and this is for sure but a terrorist.........Really. Comments like this show that fear is the true enemy of us all.

I truly understand the point you are trying to make in your post. I honestly do. Calling him a terrorist might be a stretch.

However, how empathetic could he be to knowingly expose his entire family and an entire continent to a disease that he had seen the effects of first hand.

I would never do that to my own family. Ever.

I completely agree with you that fear is the true enemy but, it's my opinion that those comments were posted from anger, not so much fear.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If he came to this country , knowing he had Ebola, or suspecting it, he should be treated like a criminal.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

You are right, I am a coward. Would I have helped, probably not without a hazmat suit. I am not gonna lie. I like my life, and I want my children to have their mother.

I was actually talking about the family running "errands" though. Leaving their home after being warned to stay put. God only knows what is on the bottom of their shoes and clothes. They hadn't sanitized their house yet. They were fully aware that they had close contact with an ebola victim.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If the family attempts to leave, they too, should be treated like criminals.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hearing Dr. Sanjay Gupta say all these 'miss-steps' are unacceptable is getting a little scary for us Dallas residents. Why are the officials here dropping the ball like this? It almost makes me think they planned it this way. I mean, are they really that inept at dealing with it? What happens when there's 3 more people who test positive for it? What then? More mistakes, more fumbles, more reassuring the public they have it all under control?
edit on 2-10-2014 by texasgirl because: spelling errors

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: Gully
Wolf Blitzer just showed a video of the dude with the power washer and asked Sanjay if it was an acceptable practice.
Sanjay said no. Too bad Wolf didn't press the matter and ask if the power washers should be added to the list.

::facepalm::

The only reason that I can come up with for them asking half arsed questions, is to try to keep people calm. Oh man what was that great new calm term they were saying 20 pages back??

I have to be honest gang, I am finding hit a bit harder to remain objective and not go total "ERMERGERD its total 12 monkeys now".

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Ineptitude. The current state of the CDC is the WORST I've seen in my life on advisory and education.

edit on 2-10-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

I believe it was "calm-mongering", and a very applicable term to what the media has been trying to program people with.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Also, many institutions these days would have good "Reputation" and keep people calm, instead of be honest with the public. They worry about their profits over health. Happens all the time.
edit on 2-10-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You're right. It appears to be totally legit.
twitter.com...

But do we know with absolute certainty that this was the spot where he vomited? Or, could they be cleaning the whole area around the apartment complex, and maybe this was another part of the complex? Or maybe the vomit was cleaned up a few days ago (when he actually did it), and now they are just re-cleaning an already-cleaned-up area? We just don't know enough, based on that picture.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
"Calm Mongering" is a good term.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc

I believe it was "calm-mongering", and a very applicable term to what the media has been trying to program people with.

Calm-mongering! Thank you Automatic

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I suspect we have a true "patient zero" here and the coming days will reveal more.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
If the family attempts to leave, they too, should be treated like criminals.

Think -> Post

I suspect we have a true "patient zero" here and the coming days will reveal more.

See above.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My coworker just left, headed into Downtown dallas. She send me a text saying a tornado touched down in the area of this guys apartment complex. Traffic is stopped on the highways into southeast dallas. I'm not sure how this could effect the situation but YAY right?! -______- I'm stuck at work...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

He had a round-trip ticket, which was purchased on Sept. 2 from an IATA accredited travel agency in Lagos, Nigeria. It appears his ticket was purchased by a company named “Silson Global Business Liberia Ltd.”. His return flight was scheduled to depart Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) on Oct. 19. The return flight was scheduled for DFW-IAD-BRU-FNA (FNA is Lungi Intl Airport in Freetown, Sierra Leone).

gotnews.com...

Somehow I think that info will end up being very important...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

FNA is Lungi Intl Airport in Freetown, Sierra Leone

The bold struck me instantly as something to remember.
edit on 2-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Hearing Dr. Sanjay Gupta say all these 'miss-steps' are unacceptable is getting a little scary for us Dallas residents. Why are the officials here dropping the ball like this? It almost makes me think they planned it this way. I mean, are they really that inept at dealing with it? What happens when there's 3 more people who test positive for it? What then? More mistakes, more fumbles, more reassuring the public they have it all under control?

I looked up the Iowa DPH and they feature EV D68 and Ebola (www.cdc.gov...). Ch 2 reports that Houston/Harris/surround has been preparing for a while (www.click2houston.com...). Looks as though the system has been bowing to the inevitable and is now trying to implement whatever plans were put into place earlier. Problem may lie in "need to know" where the need resides in a small, elite, ultimately ineffective group who immobilize when the sh*t hits the fan.. Don't feel bad, Dallas, Houston's got the heebie-jeebies too.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
I personally don't know. Perhaps the emesis had been cleaned up earlier by men in Hazmat suits (then why didn't they clean the apartment where Pt Zero had resided? Just a rhetorical q, by the way). The NYT and other newspapers reported that Patient Zero was vomiting outside the apartment building and people were "screaming" in the background. But even if workers had been instructed to power wash the general area, it behooved them to wear protective gear -- at this stage, anyway. (Meaning: after so many missteps by Those In Charge.) Men in shorts do not inspire faith that DFW officials will "stamp out" Ebola.

A few other sources:
Patient Z "throwing up all over the place"
www.chicagotribune.com...=1
www.usatoday.com...
www.msn.com...

edit on 2-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join