It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter

Thank you!

You're welcome!

Seems like those poor guys are in for some serious trouble.. Are they hired by the Hospital to clean vomit etc. without any protection?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast
I read in the NYT that he quit his job on Sept 4.

In an office with a large FedEx sign outside the building in downtown Monrovia, Mr. Brunson said that Mr. Duncan quit abruptly on Sept. 4, giving no reason. But Mr. Brunson said he knew that Mr. Duncan had family members in the United States as well.

www.nytimes.com...

On Sept. 15, he helped his landlord's daughter, who was stricken by Ebola, get to the hospital, but they were turned away for lack of space. Mr. Duncan then helped carry the woman back to the family home, where she died hours later.Mr. Duncan showed no signs of fever or other symptoms of Ebola when he was screened on Sept. 19 before boarding a flight from Monrovia to Brussels. He flew from Brussels to Washington Dulles and then on to Dallas-Forth Worth.

Retracing the Steps of Patient Z
www.nytimes.com...

He was issued a tourist Visa--when or how, I can't verify. It takes a while, apparently.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
pardon me...

edit on pm1031pmThu, 02 Oct 2014 14:48:28 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
What?

CDC Director said they would cast the net widely and track people who did not have direct contact with this patient.

What does that mean or imply?

Well, now we know why:

DALLAS PARAMEDIC: WE WEREN’T CONTACTED AFTER WORKING IN EBOLA EXPOSED AMBULANCE

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm listening to a local radio news station and heard Thomas Friedman's multiple Freudian slips while he basically lied about the story line.

This is insane. I'm taking out a loan and going full bore on supplies. People are heavy on the pump today.

Lol there's going to be a closure for construction on i45 north between Houston and Dallas this weekend.
edit on 2-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ha! They're holding a press conference and touting how they will treat the quarantined contacts 'with respect' and how they brought food to the girlfriend! And that they're cleaning out her place!

Good job complainingg ATSers! And good job CNN for airing the girlfriend's complaints!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
So we've got The Three Stooges running the show. Larry will deal with the airlines, Curly's got the ever-growing patient contact list, and Moe is having his shoulders waxed--a guy has to look good on CNN, ya know.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

Thank you!

You're welcome!

Seems like those poor guys are in for some serious trouble.. Are they hired by the Hospital to clean vomit etc. without any protection?

I don't know, but reading the comments on this. Sometimes if you don't laugh, you will cry! Most people commenting on it, live in the Metroplex. Some are freaked, some are 'calm down' and some are downright gut busting funny!

No one can say us Texans don't have style

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

And at what point can we consider these idiots terrorists?

I mean is she out at Walmart rubbing her hands on the fruit. Can it be construed as purposeful?

Really this is what fear does inside the mind. This man probably did know he had it but when you are faced with certain death would you not want to see your family one more time. Also he knows going to America greatly raises his chances of survival.

This man caught the disease helping a dying non family member try and survive. He knew the risk but his empathy was greater than his fear. I wonder how many posters saying this crap would do the same..........Not many I bet. He did the wrong thing and this is for sure but a terrorist.........Really. Comments like this show that fear is the true enemy of us all.
edit on 2-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'm going to guess that the biological clean up crew in that pic are the apt. complex maintenance crew. Check out the woman with her lovely long skirt strolling merrily along.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I'm going to guess that the biological clean up crew in that pic are the apt. complex maintenance crew. Check out the woman with her lovely long skirt strolling merrily along.

All this water is going down a drain somewhere. I don't even want to imagine the outcome

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

So much for all of that sophistication and infrastructure to protect us here at home.

The one thing I am quite certain we do very well is arrogance. Maybe we can just will the virus away.

edit on 2-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

So much for all of that sophistication and infrastructure to protect us here at home.

The one thing I am quite certain we do very well is arrogance. Maybe we can just will the virus away.

Well said!

Unfortunately the contaminated water is spreading everywhere through the drains

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Thank you!

You're welcome!

I don't know, but reading the comments on this. Sometimes if you don't laugh, you will cry! Most people commenting on it, live in the Metroplex. Some are freaked, some are 'calm down' and some are downright gut busting funny!

No one can say us Texans don't have style

I wonder if these guys even know the seriousness of the washing they are doing? If the afflicted did vomit outside as witnesses say he did, and they spray this with a power washer, they should know that these things spray everywhere and lift the contaminated debris into the air in droplets and did they get it on their clothes, their skin, breathe it in, or get into their eyes or an open wound?? Where the hell was the CDC?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This whole thing is just so wrong.

The force from the pressure washer did a good job of creating the perfect airborne storm of pathogen, not to mention the walking through that water. OMG. First large scale quarantine?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

I'm guessing that the photo was taken after the ambulance left, and the maintenance crew did what they do, not knowing how their lives were about to change.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OH Hold the phone!!!

Ok, so its super hard to contract unless you touch their body fluids... it only lives a few hours outside the body but even then you would really have to do some acrobats to get the Ebola to stick to you says the fancy pants Dr.s.

Yet we are now having a news story of someone disinfecting the concrete of where he puked days... weeks ago. AND EMT's upset because no one told them an Ebola patient was in their truck.

All this after we watched people in hazmat suits unloading ambulances of their Ebola patients who were also in hazmat suits.

Im confused now. Which is it? Crazy contagious or not? I have whip lash from all this back and forth.
edit on OctThu, 02 Oct 2014 14:42:44 -050044.ndpm444414p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

link   
Looks like they've quarantined the man's family for 21 days
: www.usatoday.com...

a reply to: thesmokingman

link   

I am beginning to wonder about the validity of this story. Is this a stock photo, or what?

These cleaners have no personal protection equipment and they are supposedly cleaning up vomit which is a body fluid, with a power washer which creates an aerosol. Did the CDC even get their own memo regarding the transmission of Ebola?

Now these men have exposed themselves to Ebola and will return home to their families, perhaps stopping off for a drink first with their Ebola covered clothing... and on and on it goes.

Do they get added to the list, too?

It is laughable and becoming unbelievable as well.
edit on 2-10-2014 by hurdygurdy because: edit

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join