It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulation theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All external experiences are born within the mind. Everything you see, taste, touch, smell, etc etc. are experiences born within the mind itself. Eventually we will be able to wire the brain and mimic every single sensation we feel and experience in the external world. Consciousness is a mathematical pattern that follows the laws of physics.

Any religion can be a reality due to simulation.

I personally believe that we are in a simulation that mimics every single life throughout history in order to educate us. It seems like a logical approach to educating people in the future. Live trillions of lives in order to imprint all that knowledge into human beings while they are young.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
SnF just for bringing up the simulation theory. I'm a huge fan of Nick Bostrom's lil argument, and tho I do not invest all my eggs in his weird basket...I love the idea and tend to think about it often enough.

Its possible. Heck, CERN is currently testing to see if its true. Fun thing to ponder with enough "realism" behind the bizarreness to make it possible enough.

Here is what I think about the simulation theroy- a lil vid I did long time ago.

Caution there may be one or two swear words.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
No, that's the current popular model of consciousness.

I could give you graphs, here, we're both familiar with, obviously, showing how the computer "brain" was built on a simulated model of what was known of a human brain.

Catch that: what was known of….and popular model of consciousness.

That, however, does not mean, that's all it is…..
That's just all the "best" scientists can figure out it is, to this day.
So, where's your soul? In the hippocampus? Where's your consciousness housed, betweeen the medulla oblongata and hypothalamus.
pfffffft.
and thank god for that
tetra

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I love this topic ;-p

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
In our shared simulation it is now time to write this post and post it.

Always a topic I enjoy, and any new video that comes with the thread is a new gift - or a new recording within my personal simulation. Thanks for bringing this into our playground again.

Here's an oldie but a goodie:

edit on 28-9-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
For newer members of our shared simulation- I present to you the argument you must take to fully embrace your simulation-ness.

Nick Bostrom's Simulation argument.

www.simulation-argument.com...

Read it and learn we are all just uploaded digital lines of code in one big simulated universe.

MM

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
For newer members of our shared simulation- I present to you the argument you must take to fully embrace your simulation-ness.

Nick Bostrom's Simulation argument.

www.simulation-argument.com...

Read it and learn we are all just uploaded digital lines of code in one big simulated universe.

MM

Yeah, with all due respect, and I mean that….
but
I am something more than code. If you're not….well, then, I can't do much about that.
tetra

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

lol, I'm sure you are. I'm sure we all are. But in the end we are all information and much of us is coded. BUT I am only kidding in my above post. I do not think we are simulations. Well...I mean...I'm not 100% convinced anyways lol.

MM

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think (not that what my puny mind think matters, you understand) that what we live within, our environment, is totally code, now….
but us….
I happen to hold the belief we are more than that, Mr. Mask. And I hope for both our sakes, I am right.
But never forget, there is something inbetween code and "reality….."
tetra

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

I personally believe that we are in a simulation that mimics every single life throughout history in order to educate us. It seems like a logical approach to educating people in the future. Live trillions of lives in order to imprint all that knowledge into human beings while they are young.

Thoughts?

I believe that in many ways too. It makes me want to help other people and be nice to them, as I am only acting towards myself.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Somehow I missed this…..
I'm so wrong
I hope you are right, and that is, indeed, what is going on, for that would be a worthy thing to live through….
take care
tetra

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: samlf3rd

Thoughts?

I believe that in many ways too. It makes me want to help other people and be nice to them, as I am only acting towards myself.

This is true in any case. Since our senses create the picture of what we think of as "the world outside" right inside our brain (and just who or what is viewing it?) then the "people" we see are also created inside our brains (from the sensory input they make upon our eyes, ears, etc.). To focus on this, even for awhile, illustrates why people such as Jesus advise us to "Love our enemies" - what we think of as our 'enemies' are just images being created and somehow seen by whatever-it-is-that-views. So if we hate someone, grrrrrr, we are actually circulating emotional/chemical changes in the brain by directing those feelings at another part of our brain - the part that actually creates and views the people we hate. So loving your enemies becomes child's play if you really get down to it - our 'enemy' is experienced somewhere in our brain, so do we really want to go around angry at something which is only a piece of ourselves? Counter-productive to the extreme and a waste of good bile.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think proof of the argument is in our limited visual and auditory capabilities. There is a reason we don't span the entire continuum of visual and auditory frequencies. I don't know what it is, but that's what I believe.

The wetware is nothing special. It's the input we should be examining.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Or perhaps the universe itself is a simulation. Maybe everything is real in the sense that it is part of this simulation - and everything not real would be part of another simulation, that is, of another multiverse.

The possible binary nature of the universe

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

I agree. I believe that the universe still exist even when we don't perceive it with our eyes or our other senses.

I know, it may sound silly to most people. But I feel that this is the truth. Otherwise, if the universe was merely a construct of our individual imagination, why would so many people point their telescopes at, say, the Andromeda Galaxy, and always get the same picture, no matter the individual?

The answer: the universe exist regardless of the individual, unless the individual of course starts physically tampering with it.

edit on 29-9-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Great post! I've always been a fan of the simulation theory and it's nice to see a post with lots of info about it.

Mr Mask, I've always been a fan of your video on the theory and I'm glad I can finally take this opportunity to thank you for making it. Your video is a great starter point for people who are interested in the simulation theory. It's straight to the point, has lots of valid arguments, you make it easy to understand, plus it's solid entertainment and will keep people watching and listening even if they think the simulation theory is BS.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That's weird, because, a few days ago I had a dream where I was playing a video game on some kind of hand held system, but soon all the characters in the video game started rioting because they all realized they were characters in a video game because of some glitches in the game. One of the glitches was a lawyer that kept exploding over and over again and coming back to life begging for someone to make it stop.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Sounds like hell to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
its a 99.9% probability if you believe in the multiverse theory

Are we living in a simulated universe?

a thread of mine from a long time ago , i was also interviewed on ATS radio about the idea

ATS radio interview
edit on 29/9/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: added link to radi ointerview about subject

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel
its a 99.9% probability if you believe in the multiverse theory

Are we living in a simulated universe?

a thread of mine from a long time ago , i was also interviewed on ATS radio about the idea

ATS radio interview

Yeah, there's a few good threads on this. Just use the Search function, guys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join