It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Triangle UFOs and an Alleged Breakaway Civilization- Discuss

page: 261
<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Yeah they would. People love to anthropomorphize. My refrigerator has a little device I got for xmas that says hello when I open the door and tells me I am stupid when I leave the door open too long. It adds another dimension to my appliance.

There were a few tear-jerker anime about cute girls with expiry dates. Plus Blade Runner.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
As an aside re: spirit vs technology as models for "reality" I'd offer my own hypothesis that we only differ in our definitions of the terms used... our language.

If one posits that the mystics and certain modern physicists were simply talking around mutual concepts separated by language and paradigms, it gets a little simpler.

Religion, science hypothesis, mystical revelations... all trying to describe consciousness to itself in a disassociated state... I posit.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

Plastic memories anyone?

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

it would have to be so advanced as to not know it was a facsimile if normal life, and if you shaped it as a smaller creature/child i think humans would welcome such a creature with open arms(for better or worse)

Not exactly. I propose that even IF it knew it was not natural,that if it shows the emotion of fear,or self preservation of itself or another carbon unit it qualifies as having a 'soul" A soul is energy and can attach itself to a body that produces a EM field to 'hold onto' so to speak.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah, Plastic Memories, That is the one I was thinking of.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodySpecial268

Yeah, Plastic Memories, That is the one I was thinking of.

Hey see if you can get sunday to drop by,my girl wants to converse with her for some reason while im in rem sleep mode.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 03:21 AM
link   

For you I will yuppa, I will make the exception and ask.

I can't promise anything though.

Done.
edit on 24-7-2021 by NobodySpecial268 because: added done

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Like the correspondences between the christian concept of a soul residing in a mortal body, and the concept of the avatar of the "grey aliens"?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Maybe...the greys are all related and are One so to speak. as in a sigular intelligence.

Who/what do you think the greys are?

From the few sources I've seen (Never had any experiences with Greys-consciously) they are either robots or humans from a separate timeline. A timeline where they lost their ability to reproduce from all the genetic modifying.

Personally, I lean towards the time travelers. Coming back to guide us(their past selves?) away from their mistakes. Maybe, they also make little robots of themselves too lol. Really though, I imagine there are many factions, like on earth.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

For you I will yuppa, I will make the exception and ask.

I can't promise anything though.

Done.

Thanks. all i can get out of my lady is its a surprise when i ask her about why. And I know ya girls is reading this as well so thank you as well.
As to souls I guess you could call us avatars as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

The way I see it... *Soapbox*
EVERYTHING is consciousness. Our Souls like thoughts in the mind of God.(Simplified AF)
Like how the pagans believe the rocks and trees are living and conscious? Extended to everything. The Soul seeks experience and development. Existence as a boulder or waterfall is a valid experience. Experience as a molecule or as a collective of molecules. For example, the human body is made up of trillions of smaller units that "know what to do". Each one is conscious (to a relative degree) and has a purpose. Yet, you experience this collective as a singularity. This is how I envision Consciousness breaks itself down. The smaller components may or may not be aware they are part of a greater whole. Take Gaia for example, Her body is made up of rivers, mountains, plants, animals, people. A collective of different parts for different functions, all serving the greater whole. Smaller fractals of consciousness make the bigger ones. Now, robots are made of the same Earthly materials we are. Same star dust. Being organized by Higher Intelligences (Humans in this case). I could go on.
The "standard" definition of a Soul is lacking IMO. We are Eternal, Multidimensional beings of Light. The experience of Knowing this is just as validate as the experience of disconnection.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thank you, I will do my best to get caught up. I've only really read Astr0's main post. From what you guys are saying, there appears to be some information I haven't come across yet. These threads are pretty long hah

a reply to: ApolloOlympos

don't know who/what Wednesday is, my man.

The Weekdays . . . - a few posts above this page : )

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

"Souls" in an "avatar" - the definition fits : )

And you and your lady are welcome. I wasn't allowed to peek either.

We know what women are like.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You're welcome Olympos. There was Astr0's original thread and this one of Baddogma's.

There is also the 70/30 BS rule. Apparently the real information had to be mixed up in BS or he would get into trouble.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I think there is something to do with natural consciousness and life that an artificial life form could never attain, the spark of life or whatever you want to call it.

I think machines can act like a human and and act how ever they were raised. a simple AI would make a great little worker bee egger to please its owner/mother. permanent super intelligent children would definitely be a good cage for a super AI as long as its care giver was around.

I hope I live long enough and I'm 36, to see the birth of a real AI.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Sort of... I was thinking more along the lines of consciousness being like what David Bohm wrote about... though I admit he's a few IQ points above what could be considered "human."

If I remember, to explain quantum entanglement Bohm postulated that the universe shared one electron being seen from different perspectives, like watching a fish in a tank from two cameras pointing at different sides, one camera shows the fish swimming to the left, one shows it swimming towards the lens and we think there are two fishies, but only one exists.

Consciousness could be the same.

We might really be all one, man ... or one man.

But this aspect of the possible one consciousness has a headache and needs to grab a couple hours of sleep ...to face another lovely day in our new authoritarian hell world.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Erwin Schrödinger: There is only one mind

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

David Bohm I had to wikipedia. Apparently he hung out with Krishnamurti for a while.

But this aspect of the possible one consciousness has a headache and needs to grab a couple hours of sleep ...to face another lovely day in our new authoritarian hell world.

Quantum strangled strings and half dead cats will give anyone a headache.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ApolloOlympos

The outer world is just an reflection of your inner world. To see a change in your outer world you must first make a change to your inner world. It is like getting mad at the mirror for not smiling back at you when you are scowling at it. Rejoice, because you are actually in the driver's seat!

Good morning! And Thank you for eloquent and inspiring words!

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

originally posted by: ApolloOlympos

The outer world is just an reflection of your inner world. To see a change in your outer world you must first make a change to your inner world. It is like getting mad at the mirror for not smiling back at you when you are scowling at it. Rejoice, because you are actually in the driver's seat!

Good morning! And Thank you for eloquent and inspiring words!

Thank you back, I really appreciate the compliment! 😊

top topics

<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join