It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is mind control really possible???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I read a magazine in the doctors office and it said these scientists had invented a way to mind control mice. If they can control mice how soon will they be able use that technology in humans beings. And how will the governement exploit it to their own means. I know it sounds fake but i looked it up and the experiment actually happened , they controlled with a labtop.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

in short, yes. just, not yet, not for us anyway. but yes, itll get there, soon.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think that it is possible, but not in the sense that whoever can just push a button and make us all march.

It depends on how you look at ir really. Mind control is everywhere, especially in the media. Commercials for stuff like makeup and things in magazines get girls all hyped, and make them feel depressed if they dont look like the hottest new super model. All the media has to say is (even in subliminal terms) "YOU NEED THIS TO BE HAPPY" and everyone jumps on command.

I think mind control (as in machines making humans brainless) is pretty farfetched.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

in short, yes. just, not yet, not for us anyway. but yes, itll get there, soon.

I went tp the link, Amorymeltzer, yet on it its a massive implant on a cockroach.

May I point out, that roachs are very simple minded. you said that it will get here soon, yet the human mind is much more complex than a roches mind. I think it will take much longer than you assume for mind control to be common place.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
I went tp the link, Amorymeltzer, yet on it its a massive implant on a cockroach.

May I point out, that roachs are very simple minded. you said that it will get here soon, yet the human mind is much more complex than a roches mind. I think it will take much longer than you assume for mind control to be common place.

i never implied any sort of time range. soon=measured in decades, not centuries. for these sort of things anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
First you have to ask the feasability and reason for controlling someone. Whats the point of controlling the minds of everyone else?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It does sound farfetched but mice are actually very intelligent animals and i would provide a link to prove the experiment actually happened but its copyrighted. and Catfish youre supposed to be my best friend you son of a b*tch.anyway it might take another 100 years to perfect the technology so we dont fry someones brain.but why wouldnt the goverment want to mess with our minds to stop the uprising. we may have gotten along good so far but like every good civilization it has to come to an end.(anyone remember the Romans???)

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Derek911_psycho]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Nothing new about mind control. It can be done in many ways, hypnosis , aversion therapy, and more subtle forms which involve breaking your will right through to extreme forms such as torture.

Man has been breaking horses for thousands of years. It is well understood and works every time. Military leaders do pretty much the same thing, it is called basic training. Your drill sergeant breaks your will, the uniform takes away your individuality and will to resist. You learn to obey.... instantly and without question.

Your parents and school teachers have a very great influence on children's minds. Then there are mind altering substances from alcohol to '___'.

Mind control ? yup, easy. Even your team coach does it, and so do those highly paid motivators of big company sales staff.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
Nothing new about mind control. It can be done in many ways, hypnosis , aversion therapy, and more subtle forms which involve breaking your will right through to extreme forms such as torture.

Man has been breaking horses for thousands of years. It is well understood and works every time. Military leaders do pretty much the same thing, it is called basic training. Your drill sergeant breaks your will, the uniform takes away your individuality and will to resist. You learn to obey.... instantly and without question.

Your parents and school teachers have a very great influence on children's minds. Then there are mind altering substances from alcohol to '___'.

Mind control ? yup, easy. Even your team coach does it, and so do those highly paid motivators of big company sales staff.

well, mind altering is very different, obviously. i think the issue here is the ability to quickly make someone do something they otherwise wouldnt. you can train someone to do your every will, as you expertly said, but can the drill seargant make one of this men jump off a building? can he make them spy on his wife? can he make them kill each other? the idea is that these techniques would allow you make someone act completely opposite to what they would normally, thats TRUE mind control, not just conditioning.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That's all true but you still have free will and are still in charge of what you do they just persuade you to do stuff.i mean when you have no concious control of you're nervous systems and are basically a robot. They use electric signals to control your body with almost a remote control.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This isn't exactly mind control,
rather mind conditioning. try this....

Clear your head first !

[edit on 12/7/2004 by Notme]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You're all controlled daily.. everytime you go to work, or do some other activity you really don't like or agree with, that you just do for other benefits...

ks

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I believe mind control does exist.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
You can induce hallucinations with an electormagnetic field, that is a fact known for many years now. It is not so far fetched of a concept as you might think it is, neurochemistry and electromagnetics are intimately related and with the advent of computers there it really no telling where or how far that field of science has gone.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It is possible,
it has been going for years without us knowing about it

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by Catfish

i never implied any sort of time range. soon=measured in decades, not centuries. for these sort of things anyway.

you said soon so I assumed you ment within the next few years.

sorry for any misinterpretation

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
It is possible,
it has been going for years without us knowing about it

hey infinite, lets see some proof.
You cant make statement like that without proof or knowledge, so cough it over why doncha?

seriously, I believe that drugs or something could change someones ability to think (which they do) but I can see mind control on every living person(as in the sense that they become robots)

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek911_psycho
I read a magazine in the doctors office and it said these scientists had invented a way to mind control mice. If they can control mice how soon will they be able use that technology in humans beings. And how will the governement exploit it to their own means. I know it sounds fake but i looked it up and the experiment actually happened , they controlled with a labtop.

Absolutely, and it doesn't need any fancy technology to be done. All it takes is the right body language, saying and doing things the right way and you can influence anybody.
Seriously, just check out Derren Brown, that's some scary s***!

It's amusing to watch but then it got me thinking "Jesus! If some guy here does this for entertainment purposes then the government MUST have agents that do work in mind influence/control."

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek911_psycho

Absolutely, and it doesn't need any fancy technology to be done. All it takes is the right body language, saying and doing things the right way and you can influence anybody.
Seriously, just check out Derren Brown, that's some scary s***!

It's amusing to watch but then it got me thinking "Jesus! If some guy here does this for entertainment purposes then the government MUST have agents that do work in mind influence/control."

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
There is definitely mind contol. I mean come on "our heroes" "our Bush" "muslim terrorists" "the governemnt is protecting us" "90% must be slaughtered to save the planet" You can witness it here in our own forum itself from topic to topic - "How did you sleep tonight"
Did they invent an antidote?

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join