It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incest a 'fundamental right', German committee says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
Isn't this how evolution is supposed to occure??

Inbreeding

Wouldn't those genetic anomalies make us better in the long run?

Why are people so bent out of shape?

O yea because it's bs

Continue on

Too much inbreeding results in a weak gene pool. In the case of "survival of the fittest" the weak ones would die off, while the stronger would survive. Nowadays, survival of the fittest is irrelevant, and we keep people alive using any means necessary (ie life support machines).

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
When did wanting to kiss your sister become a problem in Germany?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
U realize that weak gene pool is supposed to have spawned us right?

Lol

isolation and all that

Don't worry

I don't believe a word of it

Just find it interesting

reply to: stardust22

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I see it as a part of the effort of the governments to reduce the population faster.

If two consenting adults want to have sex, the law isn't going to stop them. I seriously doubt that there are a large number of brothers and sisters just chomping at the bit to have sex, but since it's against the law, they just abstain... If the government wanted to reduce the population, it wouldn't be by allowing incest. They might reduce the population by 2 people per year...

MANY gay people have their own children and many incestuous couples could create new children with the help of a surrogate or donor. It would do VERY LITTLE to reduce the population. Several of our lesbian friends have had their own children with donors. In fact, I don't know any who have adopted.

To the OP - I totally disagree with you. It's nobody's business. It's CERTAINLY not the government's place to dictate who people can have sex with. It's absurd, IMO.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Agree to disagree, my friend...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I have to agree on ethical grounds because the state should minimize it's intrusion on free will.

The problem is the free will of a child born from this. In the end, I highly doubt a disabled child would relinquish the opportunity to live, even in a compromised state. I have to side with the Germans on this one.

Plus, the simple fact that it would never happen in the theological cesspool of the US makes me believe it's probably the right choice from a humanist perspective.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Already posted and hotly debated, here

edit on 9/26/2014 by Klassified because: add

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Is that not already assumed? I felt like there were other laws that covered that one already..

Just reiterating since one LAW might be changed so siblings can legally boink each other.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

If incest between brother and sister were illegal, Isaac would never have been born. Two consenting adults can do whatever they please with whomever they please. Personally, I find twincest to be particularly favorable, especially when I find myself between them.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stardust22

Really? Ok then, everyone on the planet should be screened for recessive illnesses and anyone bearing one should be sterilized... that is the ultimate conclusion of the moral system you just proposed.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Already posted and hotly debated, here

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

<< 1   >>

join