It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS airstrike video...something interesting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The US recently released a video of an airstrike on what appears to be an ISIS compound. There are two strikes on each end of the roof with no explosion, just pentetrating. Right before the video cuts to a different view, if you go frame by frame you can see two more munitions hitting the exact same spots on the roof, presumably the explosive kind this time. My assumption is that there is an unground facility beneath this building, and the first two were just kinitic penetrators to dig holes for the real weapons. I've never seen this before in a video though - is this a new tactic? New weapons? Also, sorry if this is incorrect forum - wasn't really sure what the appropriate place for this was.

www.youtube.com...

The 2nd strike is at 12 seconds in. If you pause the video and then go slowly (pause/unpause) you can see them just briefly for one or two frames.
edit on 23-9-2014 by quatro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Bunker busters. You explode the lower chambers first, then finish off the ground level.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: quatro

Looks like to me two bunker busters followed up by your garden variety "bye bye building " strike

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
as the two above two posters have said , they are 'bunker busters''

used in the Iraq war also..

old tech nothing new here sorry..

Q

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It seems even stranger that they would release the vids they have on that channel .I did see what you were talking about though .Still ,I find it strange that they would clear the vids so fast and put them in social media . a reply to: quatro

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I don't find the quick release of this video that strange. I think that this administration is in damage control mode right now and trying to deflect peoples attention from the many scandals plaguing it. And it gives them the excuse to say..."See! We are doing something!"

Good find though OP.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

caught one, the third,,,

counted, 4,,,but

the third was what blew everything too smitheriens.

edit on 9/23/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Thanks, that makes sense. I knew they were bunker busters, just didn't think that the explosions were not seen since they were deep enough underground which is why it looked like on the first hit the destruction was purely from the impact of the weapon on the building.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: quatro

As a former person who used to build and load these types of weapons, I have never heard of or seen one that is strictly for penetrating without an explosive result. There are hard target penetrating bombs, but they are designed to explode upon penetration. I would guess that the first two bombs were either loaded wrong on the plane, causing the fuzes to never arm, or the pilot released them wrong and didn't set the weapons station up correctly, causing the bomb to drop in a safe condition. These were most likely JDAM GPS guided bombs, so they would have an electrical tail fuze, which is what is armed and causes the bomb to explode. If the pilot dropped the bomb without programming the bomb rack for the tail fuze configuration, the needed voltage (most likely 28 volts DC) never reached the tail fuze to arm it. There is also the possibility that they did penetrate and explode under ground, but there should have been a noticeable explosion, and there didn't seem to be on the first two.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I´d rather think the answer is simple: the bunker busters have a time delay. I think it is obvious that the video does not show a continuous footage. Without being anything like an expert, it seems advantageous to me to have the bunker busters hit first (for more reliable penetration and targetting) while then exploding the direct attack munitions first or simultaneously (blast bombs should have better effect on a standing building as well as its occupants than on a pile of rubble).

join