It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Do you think the Syrians are fking idiots? Do you expect them to launch a missile,or blindly fire in the direction of these foreign aircraft?

It would be suicidal to do that,there just playing the game at the moment wondering when they might become the targets

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

How about those countries with an ISIS infestation taking care of their own problem? They themselves supply their own 'Boots on their own ground' In which case coordinated airstrikes would help them.

Ahh, that makes more sense. I have been getting the impression that a lot of these countries were simply offering logistical support to Western forces. Thank you for clarifying.

A group of people with a twisted version of Islam going around in the name of Islam taking people's heads off is simply bad Ju-Ju and should be dealt with by all who either oppose their twisting of Islam or those who see it for the barbarism it is. Hopefully both and hopefully it will pull people together for a better understanding.

I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment, and I suppose there really isn't a way to negotiate with terrorists. That concept seems a bit paradoxical to be honest. I mentioned that you cannot bomb or shoot an ideology the same way you can an animal or man because the conflict in the ME just seems like a giant bloody cycle. I have to ask myself when will it end.

Anyways, thanks for responding!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a stupid question...why Syria...now ?

isn't Iraq the main hotspot of ISIS activity right now ?

No, Raqqa in Syria is

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't know why we are over there at all. They could use our military to just keep them out of our country, and if they HAVE TO be over there to protect the oils and opium...then post some men to protect them and leave the rest alone. What's with all of the attacking other countries just to bomb ISIS targets with cruise missiles, when we all know they are just raining them down on innocent civilians who have nothing to do with terrorism. The way that I see it....America is clearly trying to start WW3, and when it comes, Obama, the Bushes and other key figures will just go to their island to watch the rest of us die. Jerks.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

LOL, she had to apologize because they could see her face? Why would anyone want to be over there? That's pretty harsh...and yet we have feminists over here who complain about not getting a fair shake. I would have to say that most American women (by comparison) are quite spoiled. They should look how women over there have to live, and be thankful for what they DO have.

edit on 24-9-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

AHHAAHAH, talk about a war we are destined to lose with no positive outcome other than another terrorist group emerging. its literally inconceivable how stupid our rulers are, and how bizarre it seems that every tactical policy decision they make is destined to fail and impoverish our country. how do these people keep their jobs?
edit on 24-9-2014 by urmenimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The varied hues of Islamist fighters in Syria and Iraq have had the blessings of CIA and MI6 for a long time, but the execution on the ground was by secret services of Turkey and Saudi Arabia and included the participation of agencies of several other Sunni Muslim countries.

IS did not come out of nowhere.

The presence of American and British journalists in the conflict area (area where there is no proper government functioning, so making journalists life very risky) further confirms cooperation between militants and Western agencies.

However there seems to be a falling off between USA and Saudi Arabia. Saudis are displeased with USA though they are still maintaining a semblance of unity in public. The whole IS fiasco is actually beginning of differences between USA and Saudi Arabia.

The public face is that Saudi are participating in air strikes but nobody knows what is actually happening. The Saudi and Turkey are acting at cross-purposes to USA in this game but not publicly yet.

edit on 24-9-2014 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
One thing is clear - the airstrikes cannot continue for ever. A few more days and then Mr Obama will declare victory after bombing some empty buildings. The videos of bombed buildings will be all over media. Americans will be happy that the 'enemy' has been taken care off and continue to acquiesce in the plundering of their retirement accounts and home equity.

The American government will be happy that they have fooled the whole world one more time.

And the Saudis will restart building the Caliphate as soon as airstrikes are over. Back to square one.

The news will drop off the media. And everybody will be happy and go about with their jobs as usual.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Who are the fools here - I think biggest fools are public who have drank the wine of "democracy" dished by the West without understanding the games behind it.

So public will pay when a huge part of the population is killed, impoverished and entire regions devastated in the coming events when USA starts WWIII.

I predict WWIII will be started by USA. And the President of USA is the anti-Christ. USA is no longer a Christian nation. The Christians are in a minority in USA. It is not about label, it is about practicing.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
New round of airstrikes today, these ones against oilfields that ISIS uses to raise money.

According to Agency France-Presse, strikes involved targeting an oil field in Syria administered by the Islamic State, reportedly close to positions held by the group near the towns of Al-Omar and Deir ez-Zor, journalist Zaid Benjamin reported.

The US and its partners used "a mix of fighter and remotely piloted aircraft to conduct 13 of airstrikes against 12 ISIL-controlled modular oil refineries located in remote areas of eastern Syria in the vicinity of Al Mayadin, Al Hasakah, and Abu Kamal and one ISIL vehicle near Dayr az Zawr, also in eastern Syria," read a statement by CENTCOM.

"These small-scale refineries provided fuel to run ISIL operations, money to finance their continued attacks throughout Iraq and Syria, and an economic asset to support their future operations," the statement continued. "Producing between 300-500 barrels of refined petroleum per day, ISIL is estimated to generate as much as $2 million per day from these refineries. The destruction and degradation of these targets further limits ISIL’s ability to lead, control, project power and conduct operations."

RT

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

edit on 24-9-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Here is amateur video shot of the latest round of airstrikes on the oilfields near Deir ez-Zor.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrJack
a reply to: SLAYER69

How about those countries with an ISIS infestation taking care of their own problem? They themselves supply their own 'Boots on their own ground' In which case coordinated airstrikes would help them.

Ahh, that makes more sense. I have been getting the impression that a lot of these countries were simply offering logistical support to Western forces. Thank you for clarifying.

A group of people with a twisted version of Islam going around in the name of Islam taking people's heads off is simply bad Ju-Ju and should be dealt with by all who either oppose their twisting of Islam or those who see it for the barbarism it is. Hopefully both and hopefully it will pull people together for a better understanding.

I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment, and I suppose there really isn't a way to negotiate with terrorists. That concept seems a bit paradoxical to be honest. I mentioned that you cannot bomb or shoot an ideology the same way you can an animal or man because the conflict in the ME just seems like a giant bloody cycle. I have to ask myself when will it end.

Anyways, thanks for responding!

Yep, pretty reminiscent of spittin' on a wildfire if you ask me.
edit on 24-9-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

You can bet those little with McCain Written on the Tomahawks won't be hitting the FSA think again.

Think again? Tomahawks go to predesignated targets. Big targets. Fixed targets. Pre airstrike targets. Radar and missile launchers

Assads air defenses.

Have never, will never buy the ISIS crap. Now we see why the recent ISIS media blitz was really all about… 24 / 7 propaganda campaign to lead us all the way here…

I been saying they were going to do it all along…

And awaaay we go.

Seriously, do you have any actual hard evidence (real proof, not hearsay or Youtube vids), to prove all these (utter bullcrap), conspiracy theories spewing out of your keyboard..?

Do you actually believe the stuff you preach again and again..?

Getting really tired of seeing post after post of evil empires and secret societies and government agendas.

They really need to increase the price of tinfoil to something the average, unemployed internet conspiracy theorist can not afford, so that their brains come back to the real world.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
One thing is clear - the airstrikes cannot continue for ever. A few more days and then Mr Obama will declare victory after bombing some empty buildings. The videos of bombed buildings will be all over media. Americans will be happy that the 'enemy' has been taken care off and continue to acquiesce in the plundering of their retirement accounts and home equity.

The American government will be happy that they have fooled the whole world one more time.

And the Saudis will restart building the Caliphate as soon as airstrikes are over. Back to square one.

The news will drop off the media. And everybody will be happy and go about with their jobs as usual.

They are already bombing empty buildings. The Islamic state evacuated all of their people from the important targets three days before the bombing, because everyone knew what was coming. They are going after the mobile oil refineries because they don't want this new country to be able to have an economy. The Islamic State will simply acquire more mobile refineries. The US doesn't like it when they don't control the price of oil. The US will fail in this endeavor. It will take 500,000 US ground troops to take and hold the territories of Iraq and Syria to control the price and supply of oil the way they want to. Not leaving Iraq and expanding the presence in the Middle East was one of the greatest miscalculations ever in the history of the world. The reason the Islamic State has gained more territory and grown in numbers is because the former Baathists, led by Izzat Ibrahim al Douri, the Revolutionary Command Council Vice Chairman, the King of Clubs, have joined the Islamic State. They bring with them people with military backgrounds, officers and generals. They also bring with them intelligence operatives, people who can penetrate US security and government agencies and departments. Maybe the US shouldn't have outlawed the Baath Party and put in place a Shia puppet government. Everything that is now taking place is a direct result of the decision to invade a country that never attacked the US and didn't have weapons of mass destruction and didn't pose a threat to the US.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The whole thing is but Theater Of The Military Industrial Complex.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000

Seriously, do you have any actual hard evidence (real proof, not hearsay or Youtube vids), to prove all these (utter bullcrap), conspiracy theories spewing out of your keyboard..?

Yah, the US government has lied about the reasons it started every war its been in since Korea. I don't expect that to change at all.

With all due respect, you may find that you are the one with blinders on.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
“The Terrorists R Us.” The Islamic State “Big Lie” and the Criminalization of the United Nations

What is not mentioned in the media reports is that the heads of State and heads of government who have endorsed America’s campaign against the Islamic State, advised by their respective intelligence services, are fully aware that US intelligence is the architect of the Islamic State and related Al Qaeda entities. Countries are either coerced into support the US resolution or they are complicit in the US terror agenda.

Lest we forget, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, have been financing and training the ISIL terrorists on behalf of the United States. Israel is harbouring the Islamic State in the Golan Heights, NATO in liaison with the Turkish high command has since March 2011 been involved in coordinating the recruitment of the jihadist fighters dispatched to Syria. Moreover, the ISIL brigades are integrated by Western special forces and military advisers.

All this is known and documented, yet not a single head of state or head of government has had the courage to point to the absurdity of the US sponsored United Nations Security Council resolution, which was adopted unanimously on September 25.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
New round of airstrikes happening now, these ones from France.

France carried out a second round of air strikes in Iraq on Thursday, government spokesman Stephane Le Foll said, as part of a U.S.-led coalition helping the Iraqi army fight Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militants, Agence France-Presse reported.

Arabian News Source

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
I don't know why we are over there at all.

Yes that's a shame really.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join