It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Is Pissing Off the Islamic State by Calling It Names

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: Bluesma

rise of the Harlot of the Bible

u mean Hillary??

As you show, to stir the imagination and fear of Christian americans against someone, it is vital that they be characterized as feminine, because the feminine is the traditional feared threat of their society.

(can't help but refer back to another posters suggestion of a name which uses "P*ssies"... that wouldn't work for the french- they like the female genitalia and can't associate that with an insult
)

your right,,I absolutely suck at this game. ,,u do

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

LOL! No doubt! I didn't even realize you were trying to play the insult game! I didn't catch the insult coming my way at all.
Still don't see it. Oh well. I'm not exactly ashamed of being bad at insulting people- it is not a desire I have.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
They got a few less ISIS animals to be pissed off this morning
. Better to be pissed of than pissed on...oh wait ISIS got both. So sad for you. That was sarcasm in case your not that intelligent and yes we know your not.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Instead of ISIS call them Daesh ?? Awesome idea. Sure, count me in. I'll refer to them as Daesh until I can call them DEAD. And hopefully they'll all be dead sooner rather than later.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The shia and even the sunni's have even been making Daesh memes and cartoons... I have no idea why anyone cares if they are offended. No one else does.

Just one example:

edit on 23-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

How about to make Pres O happy and keeping the "respect" part, while implying our deep disgust,

referring to them - which I will

The Islamic State of Daesh!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
This whole thing is getting pretty old now if you ask me. Especially when the French start throwing insults something has to be wrong.

Actually, they have long been renowned for that particular skill. I'm not the least surprised. I am surprised that President Hollende has not yet gone viral with "I fart in your general direction!"

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Is Daesh french for douche by any chance?

haha.

Maybe you mean the other way around, since douche is French.

It's close enough to the word to get my support.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Nice to be having my first cup of coffee and get such a good laugh! That is hysterically funny! Thanks JC!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You have no idea why anyone cares if they're offended? Hm. You might want to give that some thought, then!

(My avatar is terrified of your 'cartoon'. It's been depressed lately anyway, so-)
edit on 9/23/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The capitals in the word DAESH point out it is an acronym of some sort. And indeed if we single out the beginning letters of the Arabic name for ISIS : الدولة الاسلامية في العراق والشام

we get the Arabic: داعش

د = Dawlat (Nation)
ا = (al-) Islāmiyya
ع= (fī’l-) ‘Irāq
ش = (wa’s-) Shām (Greater Syria or the Levant)

So, roughly transcribed to the Latin alphabet that leaves us with DAESH. (The E stands for the ‘ayn in ‘Iraq) People mispronounce it a bit saying Daesh, and it has another meaning, just like ISIS spoken is a pagan goddess. Arabs use the slight mispronunciation for the second meaning.

That is where the insult comes from. It wont carry the same weight from an english speaker, honestly.

But its good to know what the arabs call them, at least you wont be blindsided when you read someone say Daesh.

edit on 23-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

no, I really don't know why anyone cares if they are offended.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

So, is it pronounced more like Da-she? or Day-she? How is it pronounced? One syllable or two?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
That article also said the UK is preferring to call them "the Un-Islamic State."

Political correctness trying to re-assert its world view while increasingly threatened by the reality. Islam spread to its current extent in the world using the same doctrines that Islamic State is using now - what example do you think they're following? It's all in the Quran and well documented in history.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Too bad the Russian girl group already took the name "Pussy Posse", I think that name suits them fine.a reply to: Kgdetroit

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Thank you for that!

I really want to stay home today and watch this along with some other videos I just found.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
How do we know they are insulted?

I think it's pretty fair to assume they are offended by everything. I think nicknames for this group of piglets is exactly whats in order and they don't deserve to be known as anything other than scum, really.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

So it means the same thing? So whats the point?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Umm are you condoning slaughtering billions of the worlds population for being muslim? Or do you just mean extremists or what?

Yes, I'm condoning getting rid of all the Muslims. They need a reset button. Anytime they can go and destroy a statue of Buddah carved eons ago because it "offends them" but draw Allah or Muhammed and they want to behead you, they GOTTA GO. Those that are moderate should go too. Their silence CONDONES the actions of their fellow brothers and sisters. Nip it in the bud once and for all, and therefore we don't have to worry about another onset attack coming back in 100 years. And make the Christians do it because they are slated for the next Crusades.

Then after, we will round up the Catholics/Christians and figure out how to thin their herd.

Patriarchial religions are a plague to humanity and believers in them should go to their proverbial heavens and do it there.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

originally posted by: Aural
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Umm are you condoning slaughtering billions of the worlds population for being muslim? Or do you just mean extremists or what?

Yes, I'm condoning getting rid of all the Muslims. They need a reset button. Anytime they can go and destroy a statue of Buddah carved eons ago because it "offends them" but draw Allah or Muhammed and they want to behead you, they GOTTA GO. Those that are moderate should go too. Their silence CONDONES the actions of their fellow brothers and sisters. Nip it in the bud once and for all, and therefore we don't have to worry about another onset attack coming back in 100 years. And make the Christians do it because they are slated for the next Crusades.

Then after, we will round up the Catholics/Christians and figure out how to thin their herd.

Patriarchial religions are a plague to humanity and believers in them should go to their proverbial heavens and do it there.

Kill everyone who believes different than you, actually you sound just like the religious fanatics you decry.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join