It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Is Pissing Off the Islamic State by Calling It Names

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
No name,no attention,no place in History,ISIS will be ERASED.

When the French insult you by taking away your very name then they are really saying game-on.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
When the French insult you by taking away your very name then they are really saying game-on.

Wow, French ? Really ?

The French have only one actual fighting war hero, Joan of Arc, and they turned her over to the enemy!

What the Frenchmen can do in 5 minutes?
Surrender twice.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

oh god forbid we insult these IS retards they may have a temper tantrum....

My first reaction to the OP headline was Boo Hoo ISIL. the same feeling I have for ANY group that cannot seem to live with apposing beliefs and some ridicule, no group should take themselves that seriously.

"Daesh" sounds good to me!! Now can we get the mainstream media to adopt it?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Haha the French are taunting you Isis!

(seriously though, after WW2, it will have to be a nation that suffered at the hands of the Nazis to get away with killing off a European minority... look to France to actually be the first to start rounding up Muslims)
edit on 22-9-2014 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

oh god forbid we insult these IS retards they may have a temper tantrum....

My first reaction to the OP headline was Boo Hoo ISIL. the same feeling I have for ANY group that cannot seem to live with apposing beliefs and some ridicule, no group should take themselves that seriously.

"Daesh" sounds good to me!! Now can we get the mainstream media to adopt it?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Your missing the point, I'm bored of the media rhetoric.

You don't have to preach to me about terrorism I live 18 miles from NYC, was across the Hudson helping people off the ferry that day and lost 3 aquaintences in the TT's on 911. If it was up to me I wouldn't of pulled everything out of that region to begin with.
Our country is a perfect example of how to fail at foreign policy and even if you don't buy in to all the conspiracies of Mossad and CIA's involvement in this, you just can't say this wasn't our mess to clean up to begin with.
More blood, more debt, more hatred frankly I'm tired of debating it. I remember on this forum the same people screaming to send our troops home are now screaming to send them back. What will you/they/we be screaming for a year from now or two?

As for it being on my doorstep, it is and has been for years now. When I don't have to worry about a terrorist attack or can board a jet without a cavity search then maybe I'll start to think differently.

Funny as I was writing it seems you got your wish, we just bombed Syria!
edit on 9/22/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I listen to your palaver and think to myself.....
These ATS guys don't seem to get the fact that they are in essence rah rahing for ethnic cleansing of Deesh....
Yon Deesh unislamic guys....
Permit me to remind them that the eradication of Daesh will involve killing them off totally.....
Despite the fact that they too are simply being used by higher powers.......
There will be no prisoners taken in this fight.....on either side....
And truthfully I don't think they have the stomach for what they are calling for.....(if they had to attend to it personally that is......)
Two war crimes do not make either one the right thing to do......
edit on 22-9-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I've looked for a source that actually quotes Daesh as being offended by their new French title. Only see "Associated Press" release. One reference to Ynet, so looked there, but still couldn't find a release or quote.

Hm. It grows curiouser and curiouser. I'm wondering if there is not an assumption being made that they are "pissed off".
Of course, apparently they are already being called this by Arabs, which means it could be common knowledge they don't like it.

Thanks Snarky, for your post.

edit on 9/22/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Bravo France, now this smart!

They arent a state and they are not followers of Islam.

So why even brand them as such?

Again this is a reasonable and fair position adopted by France.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Europe is slated for one more Crusades against the descendents of the Ottomans. It is inevitable.

Hopefully this go round they wipe out Islam completely, and leave no witnesses to tell the tale of Allah rising again.
And if that means dumping Farrakhan and the Black Muslims for slaughter over there so be it (even though Farakhan is trying to merge his sect with scientology). We can have a forum on what to do with the overzealous Christians later after they eradicate the problem.

The world was much better off with plain old sun worship.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I wonder if Obama is ok with that. Ready to be disappointed....again.

I'll wager that Obama will never use or allow an insulting name for this sworn enemy of ours.
Let's hope the push to give them an unfavorable name gets national attention in the US and forces him to respond directly or to simply issue an order that treats them with a respect that they don't deserve.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Yeah, the French have actually been pretty badass throughout history.

They've fought 168 major wars, won 109 of those and only had a 'draw' 10 times. They also are the 5th biggest military spender.

The stereotype is dumb. The jokes amuse me, but they are unfounded.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I totally empathize with these guys. I don't like when they call us the Great Satan either. So hurtful.
Why are we being so mean to each other with words?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
OK i am confused now how many name changes are these muppets going to have ,Just when you get the tee-shirts and mugs printed up they go and change their name again

How am i supposed to get rid of all these flags with the old name
Burn them on youtube while lol at them
who needs a ice bucket challenge .

RIP the bee-jeezus out of them on you tube i could do a better job than France when it comes to stupid names for a big country they lack imagination

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Umm are you condoning slaughtering billions of the worlds population for being muslim? Or do you just mean extremists or what?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

yeahh Daesh,, too tread underfot,,
or as in reveleations
:and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty [and] two months.

they tread under foot part,, them??

curious Daesh,,

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

actually that was Ausralia,,the first to round up members,,

yeah they count,,its not Sun King France,,,its France.

its like the old days, rember the Bauder gangs, red brigades,,Algerians,,,

sorry Charles,,

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

You need to look over your history again- France is the most successful military power in European history - in terms of number of fought and won. Our American stereotype of them is quite simply false.

On the topic-
I don't think this means much. Perhaps the Brits, being closer, are a bit more familiar with the french habit of verbal taunting, as Monty Python illustrated in The Holy Grail (that scene always makes me laugh my head off, because it is such an accurate depiction..). They love using verbal taunts and insults, and it is a common play even between people who like each other. Trying to come up with original and creative insults is considered an intellectual sport, and I suspect, also used as a way of releasing tensions between people, without them escalating into violence. I absolutely suck at this game.

Though the arabs don't seem to be into that and it probably won't have that effect in the conflict between the two peoples. But it has struck me repeatedly that it feels wrong to call them the Islamic State- much less Isis, the name of a powerful goddess! -That isn't used in France, it is particular to the US.... but I often wondered if it isn't used to call to the minds of Christians the rise of the Harlot of the Bible.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

rise of the Harlot of the Bible

u mean Hillary??

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: Bluesma

rise of the Harlot of the Bible

u mean Hillary??

As you show, to stir the imagination and fear of Christian americans against someone, it is vital that they be characterized as feminine, because the feminine is the traditional feared threat of their society.

(can't help but refer back to another posters suggestion of a name which uses "P*ssies"... that wouldn't work for the french- they like the female genitalia and can't associate that with an insult
)
edit on 23-9-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join