It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't she beautiful? Women from another time

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible

interesting.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Thought I would add this as well. Yup, I'm living in the wrong era.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introspectionist
no such thing as a beautiful human being. they're all disgusting viruses.

what planet are you from ?

is this more appealing...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

anything is more appealing than a human, even a snail

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yep, class! Back then a woman didn't have to be almost anorexic and half naked to be beautiful. There was something left to the imagination.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

That is actually pretty disturbing.

I guess to each misanthrope his own...

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You are human, are you not?? I am being absolutely serious when I ask you why you allow yourself to exist if you find it so disgusting. You must be miserable in this life, in your own skin. That can't be at all enjoyable. So why do you allow yourself to contribute to the viral state of the planet?

There are truly sickening humans walking this planet right alongside some absolutely amazing ones. It's a shame that you can't see that. Seriously. I can't imagine living your entire life not being able to see anything but misery and loathing when you looked at any human being.

I'm not trying to fight you on your opinion. I just don't understand it.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I completely agree OP, women from this era are just different class.
They ooze class, sophistication and beauty.

edit on 21-9-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

anything is more appealing than a human, even a snail

after spending 5 minutes looking through your posts all i really have to add is ...do not stress you will get laid one day,dont over think it or obsess on the one girl ...all good things come to those who wait

my apologies OP...yes these are very beautiful women....but i would argue there are still many beautiful women out there today...my GF being one of them
edit on 21-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Hi.

I love all the old flicks. Yes, for sure that time was Hollywood's golden age. Yet it all came at a great price. Behind the scenes it was a very male run show and these female "stars" were very much used and abused. Many of those stars started out with having to give sexual favours. Many had alcohol and drug problems, epitomised by Marilyn Monroe and her down fall.

It's fine to romanticise about the good old days, but the reality is not so glamorous.

I love the works of Orson Welles very much. He was a genius, but was never given the breaks. America, you had a Shakespeare kind of fella there.

Modern Hollywood is a different animal in many ways. There are female actors like Scarlett Johansson and Brit Marling who are very glamorous and attractive, yet more realistically so. I think the modern female movie figures have a better time of it and I am glad about that.

Also, I think Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, etc are the new Gregory Pecks and Cary Grants. They can turn it on just the same when given quality scripts and parts.

I'll play your game, though, and celebrate Marlene Dietrich as one of those glamour nymphs of yesteryear. She lived until 92 and kept her grace and looks right until the very end.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I don't 'see' why you're all waxing so nostalgic here. There are so many more beautiful women running around these days than yesteryear ... that I'd be happy to travel back in time just to get rid of this persistent case of whiplash.

Better genes ... evolution ... call it what you will. We're living in better times than we care to admit.

-Cheers

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Yep, class! Back then a woman didn't have to be almost anorexic....

Natural women have curves.

Nope, no silicone. Artificially injected collagen, nor exposed ribs here

Sophia loren

edit on 21-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I agree with you in that there are more women today to choose from for beauty because virtually every form of it is on our screens, walking down the street.

Doe you or anyone else on the4 tghread remember a song by Joe Browne I think called "A Picture of Lilly". Its about a photograph of a beautiful women a young man sees and falls in love with only to find out she died sometime back in the 1900s.

I do wonder if the love of women from the 20's on really comes down to the fact that fashion was so much smarter than today. Their hair was groomed, even in the 1960's a women went to the beauty parlour which today, although some do, its not the habit of many. Look at our clothing and women's hair styles today its not sheik (can'[t spell today). We are also living in very hard-up times where man y women who are single families don't have the spare cash to spend on themselves and the term 'pin-money disappeared years ago.

Another factor is that in those days women were at home so they did have much longer to spend on their dress and appearances (those who could afford to).

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I dont know if it the hairstyles or the clothing or what but chicks from that era just dont do it for me.
Dont get me wrong, if I was with Marilyn Monroe in her prime and she asked nicely Id definately have a go but as for looking at them and drooling, just not happening for me

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Ah, an excuse to use this pic...

Then again, nothing like the current crop...

edit on 21-9-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Aye, women look different these days.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I dont know if it the hairstyles or the clothing or what but chicks from that era just dont do it for me.
Dont get me wrong, if I was with Marilyn Monroe in her prime and she asked nicely Id definately have a go but as for looking at them and drooling, just not happening for me

Well it's good that we're all different and have different tastes isn't it?
Some prefer classic golden age beauties, some like sporty folk, some like the modern look.
Some like it all and some like it hot! Nothing wrong with having tastes and opinions
edit on 21-9-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Excellent observations. You seem to have verbalised the essence of their attractiveness. They looked as though they had treasure worth searching for. The open wantoness of today leaves very little worth that has not been squandered upon callous relationships.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join