It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.22 mingun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
is/was there ever a mingun of .22 calibre? if not why not?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The American-180 is probably as close to a 22Caliber minigun as you will ever get!

It can fire .22LR at 1200RPM and .22ILARCO at 1500RPM

www.world.guns.ru...

There are BB-miniguns too, both for airsoft and regular .117cal airguns...

E_T

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Is 10 000 rpm enough?

world.guns.ru...

GE XM214

[edit on 7-12-2004 by E_T]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is an ad in Home Shop Machinist Magazine for plans to build your own .22 minigun. A friend of mine bought them once and thought he would build it, although he never did, and frankly he didn't have enough skill to do so either. The plans say that they are for entertainment purposes only and that you should not build it, as it is illegal for most of us. The plans cost I think about $50, but that was 10 years ago. The design sold at the time used a hand-crank for rotation. The ammunition chain used a stitched fabric chain to link the rounds. Sorry, I have not seen a website for these plans, but there are other mini-guns I have seen out there on the web.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Lol. Reminds me of the 10/22 "Gattling Gun" kits. You used to see these in gun shows all the time.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow thats awesome

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hmm, i've seen kits on auction arms... Pretty scary to think people own these things!
I saw an AK-47 conversion kit too. Power mad.

But, im in the UK, so I really am bought up to think guns are bad, see. I would love one though, but the though of loads of people bieng able to get them scares me. Its one of those things I would like but will never get if you know what I mean.

I would love a video of one in action cutting up cars and stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Teh_Gerbil

No need to be afraid of citizens owning mini-guns. In 1961 thru 1963 I sold 75mm Cannons (USA) and the rounds to go along to the local farmers. I never picked up the morning newspaper with the headlines reading farmer Smith blasts farmer Jones with 75mm cannon. Sure it can happen, but look what the government has to unleash on the man on the street who may resist the fascism going in Britain at the moment. Ugh, that would not be very pretty. Weapons with massive firepower are useful against a rogue government. What say you...? Our government fears the people so they're going to have to unleash a plague or something of that nature to get the people to submit. Reminds me of the movie "V for Vendetta." Have you Brit seen that movie? It could give you dawgs a few pointers me thinks....

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Teh_Gerbil

Really, You are all brought up to think that guns are bad? Do they teach this in school or what?

WoW... that explains why many brits are so hardcore anti-self defense (cept the crazy ones who think they are kung-fu master).

Number of guns and gun owners in USA? (about 80 million total)

Most estimates range between 39% and 50% of US households having at least one gun(thats about 43-55 million households). The estimates for the number of privately owned guns range from 190 million to 300 million. Removed those that skew the stats for thier own purposes the best estimates are about 45% or 52 million of american households owning 260 million guns).

[edit on 30-11-2008 by infolurker]

[edit on 30-11-2008 by infolurker]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Miniature 1919a4 and 1917a1 Home build 22LR beltfed kits from $1469.00 INSTOCK NOW!

www.liveleak.com...

top topics

join