It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US will give Weapons to "Moderate Syrians" they will then sell them to ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
US will give Weapons to "Moderate Syrians" they will then sell them to ISIS. This has been the plan all along. The beheaded Journalist were sold to ISIS by the "Moderates". Why wouldn't they sell them these US weapons too? I think ISIS planed this to get more US weapons over there. We are too predictable. These weapons will be used against us at some future date.

Our government is totally stupid to give any of those people more weapons. Worked so well with the Iraqi Army.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

The Moderates and IS have been blowing the holy hell out of each other. What sources do you have stating they are selling weapons to IS?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

We should give them some awesome flintlock pistols!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

We should put tracking devices in every single item to guide our bombs toward. Maybe some listening devices too.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
US economy = one of biggest weapons dealer on earth

Nothing new here.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

The Moderates and IS have been blowing the holy hell out of each other. What sources do you have stating they are selling weapons to IS?

This is true. The FSA has been fighting ISIS longer than anybody. Even Assad had a ceasefire with ISIS while they both fough the FSA. The FSA is not going sell weapons to ISIS that ISIS will use on them. The problem is the situation on the ground is simply to complex for most people to understand. That their are not only two sides to conflict in Syria just confuses people. When you have the FSA/Kurds, ISIS, Other anti Assad militias, several different factions of radical groups all fighting each other and also Assads mixed group of Pro Assad miltias, Iranians, Hezbollah, Lebanese militias and a few loyal Syrian army units tossed into the mix. With most of the Syrian Army sitting away from the fighting to keep them from joining the FSA. It gets confusing so you get all the US trained ISIS, Syria trained ISIS, the Turks trained ISIS ect. because nobody seems to be able to understand what is really going on. People like things simple and Syrian is just to much to understand.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I just can't decide, if our goal is to make ISIS stronger to degrade the M.E. so we can really tear stuff up later

Or just to make the U.S. look like idiots and let ISIS recreate the Ottoman empire that fell 100 years ago
So we can then have an even bigger battle in a few decades

Or for the U.S. to look like tools for coming in and blowing up sovereign states over and over again

hmmm well one of the above does some to be the m.o. of the U.S.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: boncho

This is true. The FSA has been fighting ISIS longer than anybody. Even Assad had a ceasefire with ISIS while they both fough the FSA. The FSA is not going sell weapons to ISIS that ISIS will use on them. The problem is the situation on the ground is simply to complex for most people to understand. That their are not only two sides to conflict in Syria just confuses people. When you have the FSA/Kurds, ISIS, Other anti Assad militias, several different factions of radical groups all fighting each other and also Assads mixed group of Pro Assad miltias, Iranians, Hezbollah, Lebanese militias and a few loyal Syrian army units tossed into the mix. With most of the Syrian Army sitting away from the fighting to keep them from joining the FSA. It gets confusing so you get all the US trained ISIS, Syria trained ISIS, the Turks trained ISIS ect. because nobody seems to be able to understand what is really going on. People like things simple and Syrian is just to much to understand.

Sounds like a perfect scenario to use nukes.
Very messy over there. Just bomb them forever. Don't give em stuff.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Yes, you put my point into much better words. I'm getting sick of these threads of people who haven't even bothered to look past the headlines and act like they are well read on the matter.

I've tried to keep up with it, papers, documentaries, past history, briefings, but alas I have very little insight into the matter. Very complex situation over there.

That being said, I believe any weapons or training that ended up for IS is probably when the IS specifically trained and deployed members to infiltrate FSA under the pretence they were just a common local who wanted to fight IS/Assad with them. Only later do these factions of the FSA realize they are harbouring IS when a commander is killed or they get ambushed somewhere, killed in their sleep.

Which, if an IS member made it to one of the training programs pretending to be FSA, that is not such a blunder people make it out to be on the boards.

The other thing that bugs me is I thought they dropped the end of the name, and it's just IS now, the Caliphate.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't understand why everyone thinks all the groups fighting in Syria support ISIS. Hardly anybody supports ISIS. I will not deny that there are likely small factions in Syria who support ISIS, but for the most part those who haven't joined ISIS are fighting them. I am not going to say that these weapons wouldn't be used against the US in the future, because who knows how the balance of power will change further down the road, but you have to understand that this is a part of political and military policies. First, you have an enemy, in this case ISIS. It will take a certain amount of manpower and resources to defeat that enemy. Whatever those who are fighting ISIS can do to harm ISIS in any way translates into less you have to do to defeat ISIS. So by giving Syrians weapons the US is actually working towards accomplishing their policy objective of defeating ISIS.

I've seen some images of the FSA, and I noticed that some of the weapons were older, probably stuff the US had lying around that they don't use anymore. I don't know when they got them, or how, but they undoubtedly came from the US. I specifically saw M16A1's, which I am relatively certain is not used in the US military anymore, and which the US probably has no use for. I wonder how much older stuff the military still has lying around?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

You just reminded me of the story about the Taliban using Brown Bess muskets.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It seems to be no problem for central banks to print trillions of dollars to finance contrived wars on any given day.

But when it comes to the final product of these wars, that is the crippled, the maimed, the orphans, the refugees, there will never be enough money to repair their decimated lives.

F.T.W.

Syria Refugee Total Nears Ten Million

edit on 17-9-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: boncho
Family: American Journalist sold to ISIS

Top Syrian Warns Congress 'Moderate' Rebels May Sell Weapons

Um... You realize the source here is the enemy of moderates who those weapons would be used against?

That's like North Korea warning the US not to help South Korea...

-facepalm-

The other was a fake checkpoint, which could have been IS themselves. Like I said in another post IS has been trying to infiltrate FSA groups and has on certain occasions killing their own people. The FSA has lost a lot of people to IS double agents.

Barak Barfi, identified as a spokesman for the family, said Monday night that sources on the ground have told the family the journalist was kidnapped shortly after entering Syria in 2013 at a fake checkpoint then was sold to the terrorist group for "between $25,000 and $50,000."

NONE of this is representative of the FSA. That is like blaming the US army if someone dressed up in a US army outfit and murdered a village. Blaming them.

Here's some perspective, the US has soldiers who have done as much but the US military obviously denies ordering them to do so, so if their members go rogue, are they liable? The overall consensus is no, from the US perspective. (Obviously)

So then why would you condemn the entire FSA when something happens the same to them?
edit on 18-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join