It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Dieing From American Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I was last night listening to my favourite Radio Station (Coast To Coast) and they where talking about this Gulf War Syndrom. Now their is no confirmed cause of this but many theroys are that Depelted uranium (which are in most american Missles/Shells) and other checmicals that Sadam May have collected over the years. Now in Gulf war One i think the americans lost something like 147 troops (But an Estimating 20,000 troops dead at home from sickness) but when the war ended 90% of those soldier dropped out of the army do to sickness. Now the American Goverment Coverd it up as "Mental" Issues which many soldiers where given anti-depresants for (which did not help at all) and it is now coming to light that many vertrans are becoming more ill as time goes on.

Now what i would like to bring up was the shortness of the Gulf war 1. With very little exposure in gulf war 1 to depleted uranium and many deaths not reported after people (90% gulf war vetrans) dropped out of the army how do people expect American troops now to survive very long for another 3-5 years in iraq! Its common knowlege that Depelted Uranium is still widly used in American weapons. Could this be the crippiling of the U.S Military, with many sick soldiers at war and many more coming home this could put a hold on many people joining the military due to the health risks put out by their own country.

So what do you think?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
i think the entire situation of the depleted uranium will blow over entirely just like every other cataclysmic atrocity the US govt has commited, i recall watching a flash film on the effects of DU on new born babies, which was quite disturbing. me thinks some more research needs to be done.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
When you have you troops living near, holding and shooting depleted uranium... well err... you obviously don't give two hoots about (your own!) people.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525
I was last night listening to my favourite Radio Station (Coast To Coast) and they where talking about this Gulf War Syndrom. Now their is no confirmed cause of this but many theroys are that Depelted uranium (which are in most american Missles/Shells)

They're not in most. They're in a specific kind of round fired by specific weapons. DU rounds are used to penetrate practically any kind of armour out there. The bulk of the projectile is made up of this extremely heavy and dense metal, and thats what gives it its penetration and 'pyrotechnic' abilitity. They're -not- in small arms and from what I understand are really only fired by tanks and the main cannon of some bradelys.

and other checmicals that Sadam May have collected over the years.

Hussein didn't have DU ammunition. One theory about Gulf War syndrome is that lots of the people who got it had been exposed to a mix of chemical weapons when they were downwind of depots of the stuff that had been hit and were burning, dispersing.

when the war ended 90% of those soldier dropped out of the army do to sickness.

I think you might want to verify that and provide a source. 90%?

Now the American Goverment Coverd it up

Why? Whats the benefit? Its not going to be because of DU rounds, that many soldiers wouldn't have been exposed to the stuff, and its only really considered to be dangerous if you go to where it impacted and inhale the dust. People that do or would get sick from it suffer from heavy metal poisoning, not radiation. And if its iraqi weapons, well, why cover it up and have everyone die? Is it so much less expensive to cover it up and treat them for diseases that they don't have?

With very little exposure in gulf war 1 to depleted uranium [...]how do people expect American troops now to survive very long for another 3-5 years in iraq!

Since DU rounds aren't being used against rag-tag irregular infantry militias, its not really a problem.

Its common knowlege that Depelted Uranium is still widly used in American weapons.

For various levels of 'widely' sure.

Could this be the crippiling of the U.S Military

Why would the government want to make itself defenseless? Even if it was some NWO plot, what good would it do to make the soldiers it plans to supress the public with sick?

So what do you think?

I think that this second gulf war will give everyone lots of new info on Gulf War syndrome, you are definitely right about that. Very similar conditions, with the exception of the chemical weapons and possibly some of the vaccinations and preparatory shots the soldiers get, which are the two main suspects in gul war syndrome.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Don't the normal m-16 bullets (7.62 thingies) have a DU core with some wrapping/casing of something? If that is the case then every full clip is brimming with DU!

Not being a armchair warrior, and never having served (phew, I'm Irish and they call us terrorists when we have guns) so i am not sure on this, anyone care to comment?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Don't the normal m-16 bullets (7.62 thingies) have a DU core with some wrapping/casing of something?

The United States standard issue rifle is a M-16 which fires 5.56(.223) mm rounds.

Last time I checked i believe most of the Rounds are full metal jacket of Copper wraped around lead.

I believe the only things using DU is the Gattling guns in A-10 warthogs and the main cannon (120mm) on the M1A1 Abrams Battle tank.

-Reason

[edit on 7-12-2004 by REASON]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
not true,

Also 50 caliber machineguns shoot with DU, and soldiers machine guns also use du.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
As far as I remember DU is used for AP in those guns that REASON mentioned, and in some missiles too.

The danger of using DU is widely argued, both the Pentagon and some independent organizations made studies about it, but the results are conflicting.
According to the official study, the danger of DU for civilians and friendly personnel is negligable, but i havent seen the documents, just heard it from the news..

Here are two websites about DU: idust.net...
www.cadu.org.uk...

Someone could link the official (pentagon) study on this, I haven't found it yet..

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
Also 50 caliber machineguns shoot with DU, and soldiers machine guns also use du.

Interesting, is there someplace where this is documented?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I find myself agreeing with Nygdan. Life is over as we know it. (taking medication)

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here is the fact sheet on depleted uranium as issued by the World Health Organization.

WHO guidance on exposure to depleted uranium (PDF file).

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judge DredD
As far as I remember DU is used for AP in those guns that REASON mentioned, and in some missiles too.

The danger of using DU is widely argued, both the Pentagon and some independent organizations made studies about it, but the results are conflicting.
According to the official study, the danger of DU for civilians and friendly personnel is negligable, but i havent seen the documents, just heard it from the news..

Here are two websites about DU: idust.net...
www.cadu.org.uk...

Someone could link the official (pentagon) study on this, I haven't found it yet..

Ofcause the pentagon would say that it is all fine, they dont want to acknowledge that they are effectivly irradiating another country and its people, with deadly long term effects. I have heard reports of american soldiers who work with the tanks disabled via friendly fire getting irradiated and discharged on medial grounds.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
I find myself agreeing with Nygdan. Life is over as we know it. (taking medication)

Sorry couldn't quite hear you over these weird trumpet blarring from the sky. Hey, why are all those people floating away? This mark on my hand is itchy.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

users.westnet.gr/~cgian/du-weapon.htm
www.aeronautics.ru/archive/du-watch/us_gov_about_du.htm
www.strategypage.com/messageboards/messages/4-646.asp
cseserv.engr.scu.edu/StudentWebPages/ IPesic/ResearchPaper.htm

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
users.westnet.gr/~cgian/du-weapon.htm
can't access that page from here for the moment
www.aeronautics.ru/archive/du-watch/us_gov_about_du.htm

Depleted uranium is employed in the following types of ammunition: 7.62-mm rounds, .50 caliber ammo, 20-mm MK149 with 70 grams of DU, 25-mm PGU-20 with 148 grams, 25-mm M919 with 97 grams, 30-mm PGU-14 (298 grams of DU), 105-mm M774 with 3364 grams, 105-mm M833 with 3668 grams, 120-mm tank gun rounds with around 4000 grams of DU, 155-mm Special Artillery rounds.

www.strategypage.com/messageboards/messages/4-646.asp
This is a post and it only states that

the DU shells for the A-10's GAU-8 (of 30mm bore diameter) each weigh about 2 lbs also.

cseserv.engr.scu.edu/StudentWebPages/ IPesic/ResearchPaper.htm
doesn't come up

I do have to ask why these aren't regular sorts of pages? What I mean is, if its not controversial as to whether or not the US army uses them, then is there a US army site that says that they use them? And do soldiers talk about using them?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Found a really good source of info on DU, it doesn't cover a whole lotof the effects it may have, but goes into it some.

1. Proliferation of DU Weapons
Several countries including the United States, Britain, and France have DU fortified weapons in their arsenals. Additionally, "Documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act show that the Pentagon has already sold the radioactive ammunition to Thailand, Taiwan, Bahrain, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Greece, Korea, Turkey, Kuwait and other countries which the Pentagon will not disclose for national security reasons. (NATION2)".

Here are some great sites for the health hazards of DU, some really resourceful links.
Issues on the Use and Effects of Depleted Uranium Weapons

Depleted Uranium weapons and Gulf War Syndrome

new topics

top topics

join