It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I would vote a resounding YES!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Just for clarification, Cameron rejected Whitehalls #3 option because he believed in his arrogance the NO vote would win. So now, 10 days before the election, when postal votes have been cast, Option 3, Devo-Max (but not on the ballot paper) has been linked to the NO vote.

Chunky Mark says it better than I can...

So.....this argument about not voting...............Let's imagine for one minute everybody in the UK had the vote.
1. Who on this forum, in all honesty, would vote NO and therefore by default back the corrupt government, corporations and bankers that rule over us? (watch the video)

2. Who on this forum would abstain because they are 'afraid' of what the future would hold if the YES won?

3. Who on this forum would happily sit on their hands and not vote because 'what's important' is to bring down governments anywhere and not buy into 'The System'......no change there then.

4. Who on this forum has the balls to say YES, because they are not afraid of change? A small 'x' that could bring about the changes that are so badly needed?

Voting for Independence is but one small stepping stone to......
1. Breaking away from a corrupt system.
2. To bring about changes that PEOPLE want.

If the vote throughout the UK was to break away from the City of London.....I pretty much guess everybody here would be voting a resounding YES..............just because they could and would be saying "to hell with it.....at last we can dump the bastards......lets not even worry about what happens the next day....at least we'll have said goodbye to bad rubbish.....we'll sort it."

It's crunch time.....and it's about time people on this forum stepped back from arguing about the what if's and what's plan B and you're a this...but you're a that. Look at the bigger picture folks. A YES vote is a kick in the teeth that Westminster needs. It's about time to take "one small step"...........................Friday will be down to the Scots, and them alone, as to what kind of Scotland they want............and bugger all to do with the rest of the UK.

I can't believe there are so many 'scardey cats' on this forum that are backing the NO vote, or arguing that people should abstain because voting just perpetuates the very system we all want to see changed. How bloody short sighted is that?

I can't believe, that for intelligent folk, that we cannot agree on THE one single thing that makes a YES vote so important.....a right royal kick up the arses of those that control us.

As some of you know know, I lived in Aberdeen, the wealthiest of Scotland's capitals, and Alec Salmonds 'seat' for 10 years. (You all also know how I think Salmond was set up by Westminster in the belief that he would sink the YES campaign)

I was there, working in the local press in their business section, my clients were mostly in the oil industry. Independence was alive and kicking then. I weighed things up, as I envisaged myself, having married a Scotsman, and had two "wee bairnes", if it came to a vote, what I would do? I decided then it would be a YES.

Over the years, I have seen more and more corruption, lies and thieving going on in Westminster. I also have seen and understand how geographical distance makes a huge difference to a 'marriage'. Over the past 25 years, I have become more and more passionate and resolute in my stance that Scotland would and will be far better as an independent country.

The crucial question to ask yourselves here is this.......
If you had the vote to break away from Westminster.....wouldn't you vote YES?
It there by follows...........why would you argue and take away a peoples right to fight and win their freedom from said Westminster?......Would you like it if somebody tried to bribe you and subjugate you to a point of fear to take your own freedom from deciding that? Like hell you would!

See the bigger picture folks....whether you like it or not......this referendum is crucial not just to Scotland, a Yes vote by Friday, would snowball people power all over the world where other countries are wanting to secede, and a YES vote is a kick in the teeth to the global elite......end of.

To vote no, or sit on your hands and do nothing is just playing the submissive and allowing fear to rule your hearts. It might go against the grain with some of you to vote because you see it as supporting the very system you claim you want to change. But sometimes.....you just have to play the system at it's own game...........which is exactly what the YES camp have been doing in Scotland, and boy oh boy, are they showing Westminster up, with a huge super trooper, for what they and the rest of the elite who rule over us what they ALL really are....for themselves, and screw the people.

Rant over.....................

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'd vote yes, voting no just caries us along as is with no real change in politicians so with a yes vote it should muddy the waters and perhaps make the politicians a bit more honest for a while as they get on with the task of sorting everything out not shovelling as much money in their pockets.

Note scottish nor have any family in scotland (that i know of) but its a nice place to visit

now joking : surely when trident leaves that mean scotland will be full of terrorists wanting to stop the USA from all that lovelly oil so they'll get plenty of 'freedom' dropped from b52 day and night till the oilfields are liberated

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

YES!!!!! right back at ye!
That's an amazing rant, you've nailed it. The devo max issue sticks in my throat, but do you know what? They did us a favour because -just like Cameron wanted - now we can only vote yes or no. So be it, Westminister.

There is nothing I would love more than for the people of England to take heart from this and demand an English parliament, because for far too long the decent, honest people of England have been shafted by these bloated, over-paid fools who just bleed us all dry.
edit on 17-9-2014 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Great post Angel...Chunky Mark is Awesome.

Here, just in case anyone missed it this morning.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Had to go back and read that again...Beautiful...Alba Gu Brath

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

The yes campaign has made a lot of noise but with very little tangible reasoning.

It has mainly consisted of playing the Braveheart theme tune and carrying pictures of Andy Murray.

Also, Alex Salmond is a bit of a Muppet.

That said, it is down to the Scottish, and whilst I would prefer to see a United Kingdom, I wouldn't want to stand in the way of their independence.

Personally I think it will be a bad move for them, economically and especially with regards to healthcare. But Hey what Do I know? I'm part of the tyrannical English that have apparently supressed their evolution as a country....

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

The yes campaign has made a lot of noise but with very little tangible reasoning.

It has mainly consisted of playing the Braveheart theme tune and carrying pictures of Andy Murray.

Sweet Jesus, Break free now people. or we are stuck with the likes of this..^^

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thank you all so far.................and I'm ready for anyone from the NO camp......so be fore warned any of you who dare....

This from another forum I post on.........the poster by the way although being english would vote yes if he lived in Scotland...

"But we shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that if there is a ‘yes’ vote that this will achieve very little."

Disagree.....have another read towards the end of my post. This referendum has far reaching consequences than just here in the UK.
Do you honestly want to see the elite getting more and more control over our freedoms, because that's sure as hell what is going to happen if the NO camp win.

"But I probably wouldn’t. I would probably conclude that ultimately it’s a futile and largely symbolic process,"

So you are happy to just let things carry on as they are? How can even a tiny percentage NO win be deemed a symbolic process? That small difference in the voting, no matter who wins can be seen as 'trouble brewing'. However, having lived (and married) in Scotland.....again the 'brits' are expecting trouble and strife......more fear mongering.
It was posted on here, the expectation that when the 3 stoogies went up to campaign for the NO vote there would be trouble....nowt happened. Then there was more expectations over Farage and the Orange men visiting that there would be even more 'trouble on the streets'..........yet again....nowt happened.

With all due respect, people south of the border who are against a independent Scotland, don't have a single clue about how the Scottish heart and mind works. You can thank Hollywood for that I guess.
Regardless of who wins......there will be no trouble on the streets.............If NO wins there will be only an even stronger YES campaign in a dignified and civil manner for an Independent Scotland eventually. Personally I would like to see it happen now, rather than at some stage in the future, as it will inevitably happen, because as I said.......this is more than just about Scotland's Independence......it's about all of common man's freedoms at the end of the day.

Jane
edit on 17-9-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Sweet Jesus, Break free now people. or we are stuck with the likes of this..^^

That's not very nice is it? Wheres you legendary Scottish wit and hospitality?

Look, as I Say I am glad you get this referendum, although I think common sense will prevail and A No vote will be the outcome. Salmond has been acting like a child who wants to leave home because His mum and dad are telling him what to do. But guarantee within a week he'd be back asking to borrow some money or the car. ;-)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
1. Who on this forum, in all honesty, would vote NO and therefore by default back the corrupt government, corporations and bankers that rule over us? (watch the video)

Show how a YES vote changes that.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

That said, it is down to the Scottish, and whilst I would prefer to see a United Kingdom, I wouldn't want to stand in the way of their independence.

Personally I think it will be a bad move for them, economically and especially with regards to healthcare. But Hey what Do I know? I'm part of the tyrannical English that have apparently supressed their evolution as a country....

Didn't watch the vid did you
............so the NO campaign have.....have they?

Pic's or it didn't happen

I agree with you on that point.

Sitting on the fence much?.............Bit indecisive .....but not so sure? You can't have it both ways....not with only 24 hours to go.

See above..............As to the NHS....you better do some homework on the Transatlantic treaty that comes in in November....you will wake up with no NHS ANYWHERE in the UK............another reason Scotland should vote YES, just to keep Obamacare and other American pharmaceuticals off what will be Scotlands NHS with a YES win...........not ours in the rest of the UK. Byebye NHS. Welsh Assembly have already told Westminster what they can do with the TAIP.....it will be futile....the NHS will be history.

As to your last comment..........really? OK......so nobody on here has accused you or any of your fellow countrymen of being 'tyranical'.............and don't start me on "supressing" Scotlands evolution..............you'll have a Scotsman on here listing all the Scottish inventions that the rest of the world owe a debt of gratitude to Scotsmen for!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I would vote no, not because I back the government, but because a united people of Great Britain have more power to cure the cancer at the heart of our society, than a fractured, divided people. I love these isles, and my northern kin, and feel aggrieved that any of them would consider abandoning the Union. I take it as a personal affront that people I consider family by generations old blood ties, apparently feel that the Union is an agreement between nations, rather than the people of those nations. This is a four cornered nation, and so it should bloody well remain.

How people within that nation deal with the rotten, corrupted filth who have been running the country so poorly over the last few decades is a question which needs an answer, and my personal opinion is that the whole of the people of the country should down tools, close up shop for the day, catch a train to the capital and lay siege to Parliament, to Whitehall, and insist on the resignation of every sitting Member of Parliament, every single top end, unelected civil "servant", the entire political establishment, and a new format of government constructed and enacted, to serve ONLY the will of the people. Not corporate interest, not a small cabal of powerbrokers, but the people who make this country what it is, all of us. The Scots, the Welsh, the British Irish, and the English alike. For you see, NONE of us are being represented by our government at the moment, and so it falls to all of us to unite together as one and demand our nation back from those who have stolen it from us.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I can't...........and neither can you. THAT will be down to the Scots themselves if YES wins come Friday.

Jane

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

It's not showing up my response for some reason....so here we go...I'll try it this way....

Sitting on the fence much?.............Bit indecisive .....but not so sure? You can't have it both ways....not with only 24 hours to go.

See above..............As to the NHS....you better do some homework on the Transatlantic treaty that comes in in November....you will wake up with no NHS ANYWHERE in the UK............another reason Scotland should vote YES, just to keep Obamacare and other American pharmaceuticals off what will be Scotlands NHS with a YES win...........not ours in the rest of the UK. Byebye NHS. Welsh Assembly have already told Westminster what they can do with the TAIP.....it will be futile....the NHS will be history.

As to your last comment..........really? OK......so nobody on here has accused you or any of your fellow countrymen of being 'tyranical'.............and don't start me on "supressing" Scotlands evolution..............you'll have a Scotsman on here listing all the Scottish inventions that the rest of the world owe a debt of gratitude to Scotsmen for!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Well True...............this is obviously one topic you and I will 'draw swords' on

I have to answer you this way...............with a YES win......at least the Scots will have the chance and choice to sort out/kick out and sort out the currently corrupt system they are under..............see who wins there?

As I said, by voting no, changes absolutely nothing other than give even more diobolical control over our freedoms to Westminster. If the rest of these fair Isles were as passionate about sorting out and getting rid of the system we currently have to adhere to as the Scotts are..............then change would have happened over the last 300 years......but it hasn't.....it's got worse....and well you know it True. So break it up, clean out the bad rubbish.....as I said, it's down to the Scotts then how they set up a brand spankers new country..........or carry on as if nothings changed at the top of the tree. I can't see many pro independence folk that will be in a position of elected authority leaving the same monkeys in the banks and corporations remaining at the top of that tree. Can you?

Jane

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

It's not showing up my response for some reason....so here we go...I'll try it this way....

I have no speakers on my computer at work so apologies no I haven't watched that particular video, however I have watched Yes vote promos recently. Nothing that has been said has convinced me.

ha-ha, I have seen pics of people dressed as William Wallace with their yes vote card, I will find some for you. Also with Andy Murray masks on.

The transatlantic treaty will not automatically mean an end to the NHS. This is scaremongering at best. It is designed to eradicate the red tape between trade deals. Anyway, the NHS is already a paid for system, its not free to us as it is.

My last comment was based on quite a surprising amount of resentment (to the English in particular) from Scotland. Exacerbated more by this campaign. Perhaps its just a minority, but it surprised me none the less.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Vote yes on this just to distance yourself from the UK, but I hope the Queen doesn't remain your symbolic monarch for very long. The very idea of democracy is a very Scottish one and it would be most fitting if Scotland were to produce a shining example of a liberal paradise in the very heart of the place where the most powerful Monarchy once stood. If you could only avoid the international banking system, you just might produce one of the most advanced civilizations ever devised. Don't let anyone else control your interest rates.

Ugh. I honestly don't think it goes well either way for you. Stay with England and keep dumping your excess production into supporting their cities or leave England and become their dispossessed lackey.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
AYE!!! Think of the possibilities...a chance for a new country... think outside the box.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
AYE!!! Think of the possibilities...a chance for a new country... think outside the box.

Sadly people prefer the security of inside the Box.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I would vote no, not because I back the government, but because a united people of Great Britain have more power to cure the cancer at the heart of our society, than a fractured, divided people. I love these isles, and my northern kin, and feel aggrieved that any of them would consider abandoning the Union. I take it as a personal affront that people I consider family by generations old blood ties, apparently feel that the Union is an agreement between nations, rather than the people of those nations. This is a four cornered nation, and so it should bloody well remain.

How people within that nation deal with the rotten, corrupted filth who have been running the country so poorly over the last few decades is a question which needs an answer, and my personal opinion is that the whole of the people of the country should down tools, close up shop for the day, catch a train to the capital and lay siege to Parliament, to Whitehall, and insist on the resignation of every sitting Member of Parliament, every single top end, unelected civil "servant", the entire political establishment, and a new format of government constructed and enacted, to serve ONLY the will of the people. Not corporate interest, not a small cabal of powerbrokers, but the people who make this country what it is, all of us. The Scots, the Welsh, the British Irish, and the English alike. For you see, NONE of us are being represented by our government at the moment, and so it falls to all of us to unite together as one and demand our nation back from those who have stolen it from us.

And What Century is this glorious revolution supposed to start...22nd 23rd..?? I take it as a personal affront that England with a population of 50 million sits on it's arse and gladly vote these parasites in only to moan about it over tea and crumpets....That what the UK does best...Moan a little.

We have a chance here to fire the first shot that could in effect wake up the rest of the world that there is something that can be done, that there is another way...If we vote Yes tomorrow i can foresee a domino effect take place for the better of everyone in the UK and beyond.

Someone has to Start it....Why not us.
edit on 17-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join