It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #4: Citizens United Upheld, Sharia Law in the US, Facebook Idiots, and more...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Today we lead off with the horrifying news that the 2010 Supreme Court decision giving corporations "personhood" and the ability to spend unchecked amounts of money on political campaigns, remains in place. Despite voters overwhelmingly in favor of an amendment to overturn the decision, the Senate voted it down. We also take a look at a disturbing story out of Pennsylvania, that could easily be something about Sharia law in Saudi Arabia. And because it's easy, we pick on Facebook users again.

Share this video. Tell your friends. Expose the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Check us out on DailyMotion

Follow Next Level BS on LockerDome

Or, just go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

Next Level BS is a production of The Above Network, LLC, with the collaboration of AboveTopSecret.com. The views expressed in the videos, video comments, and social media pages of Next Level BS are those of the producers and host, and don't necessarily reflect the views of AboveTopSecret.com or The Above Network, LLC.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

This one was kind'a fun. Can't agree with you across the board ... but this was the 'best one' so far. You're doing better and better, so I hope you don't lose interest and quit.

-Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Facebook is Facebook, people are people. I have a Facebook account although I only go there for specifics, not as a blogging machine or forum, just for updates on people that I know, but not in personal contact on a daily basis.

The Corps thing politically speaking? It should only be right and proper that political broadcasting should be done as a function of government meaning alloted time to all parties consecutively, within a given schedule outside of general advertisement. On the ground, let them spend as much as they like on parties and whizzbangs while people wonder about the waste.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Ah the joys of BS.

The segment on the issue of Facebook stupidity was great, and I think everyone with an account should watch it. To be honest, I am pretty sure that there should be a show which exclusively deals with the various facets of Facebook related daftness. Mind you, Twitter is arguably worse.

Trust me on this when I say, there are few vital bits of information, which can be effectively communicated in one hundred and forty characters or less.

With regard to the idiotic behaviour of the District Attorney who is prosecuting a teenager over a photograph... I am a Christian myself, but an image of Jesus is not Jesus. He did not damage the statue, he did not cause criminal damage to it of any kind, he did not cost the Church any money what so ever in doing what he did, and I cannot see why it is worth all the fuss therefore.

So a kid did a stupid thing, with a poorly rendered statue of Christ. Worse things are afoot on this planet, and giving much of a fig what happens to a cheap statue therefore, is somewhat bloody stupid if you ask me! Massive waste of taxpayer money for the people of the US, having DAs pulling crap like this to rally around.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well I have to call BS on the first segment regarding Citizens United, sure some may not like the ruling, as a Republican I do. It started over a movie about Hillary Clinton, to be aired in move theaters across the country. The F.E.C. stopped it because the Television Commercials for the movie they viewed as political, so the law stated that, (off memory) that political commercials of this type could not run within 60 days of a primary, or election. Now stopping a movie that one has to pay for about a public official just because you don't like the subject IS First Level Bull Sh*&t. We all watched as Democrats and the MSM go after Republicans over and over under the exemption that its "News". Well I do not agree with all aspects of the ruling, but returning freedom to the people, and groups of people is a good thing. Second, do you really support the Democrat Bill to "over turn" Citizens as if they are better than our SCOTUS! Did you read the law? I have and Republicans, (who do vote what the people want, remember it was Democrats that shoved Obama Care down our throats and took freedom from us) and the 12 Democrats were right to vote it down. Freedom is never easy, and once you contain it, well it is no longer freedom.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

With regard to the idiotic behaviour of the District Attorney who is prosecuting a teenager over a photograph... I am a Christian myself, but an image of Jesus is not Jesus. He did not damage the statue, he did not cause criminal damage to it of any kind, he did not cost the Church any money what so ever in doing what he did, and I cannot see why it is worth all the fuss therefore.
So a kid did a stupid thing, with a poorly rendered statue of Christ. Worse things are afoot on this planet, and giving much of a fig what happens to a cheap statue therefore, is somewhat bloody stupid if you ask me! Massive waste of taxpayer money for the people of the US, having DAs pulling crap like this to rally around.

Agreed, though I have to say since we don't even know why the youngster did what he did. I've also had it in mind to have a few ahem, unsavoury words with JC when I get 'up there'..although I might not get 'up there' since he already knows my mentals, I don't think he'll hold it against me though???
edit on 16-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Thanks for covering "Citizens United". CU is sooooo NLBS!!! I mean really, its as if they are giving a big F U to the actual citizens of this nation by calling it "Citizens United." Sorry for the abusive quotes, but "Citizens United" is anything but. Just another well funded "grass roots" effort. Grass roots my !$$. It's CU alright, but the C stands for corporations. And did anyone think that the senate would actually slaughter their cash cow so soon? It is just terrible. Very bad for the disappearing middle class and poor Americans. I guess the only thing to do is get out the checkbook and send some free speech to my candidate of choice, right. a reply to: theNLBS

PS- Your series is really coming along. Thank for all the hard work you are doing. Here is a beer for you-
edit on 16-9-2014 by georgezip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
very entertaining...the facebook rant was absolute gold...nice work

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
But...
Maybe the social media idiots were idiots before social media?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
FaceBook/ ISIS Opposition thread: Hah, yeah was looking for similar on the thread to see who missed it, personally as a thread author, I have to deal with that kind of commentary a lot of ignoring the article information. Just checked and yeah the Facebook comments take the cake. It illustrates how FB goes great with memes. The masses(calling them out not those commenting on ATS FB as much, but there's the alert to be more careful!) eat it those up as fact apparently as much as just reading a titled article. Those are the ones in an assumed majority of voting for this country, whether there's a 'selected not elected' POTUS, counts for the rest of the country.

(post by CheeryYellow removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I agree about the citizens united, republicans brought it to the supreme court and the republican majority court made it law, we the people no longer exists. For the corporation by the corporations, they are our owners. Republicans have been giving them rights over us since Reagan, how can a citizen drug test another citizen and it be legal? Some how we are more Free under there BS laws!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the information; this was good to watch.
edit on 16-9-2014 by octopus81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
OP: You did a nice job.

"Opposition" has too many syllables apparently!

There wasn't a single mostly-naked person in your video. And I watched all the way through damn it!

(I am just kidding.)

20-25 years ago Rolling Stone's cover article was on GE and the making of corporations as people. It was one of the best articles I ever read and I think should be required reading for everybody. I'm still trying to find the bloody thing to order a reprint. This issue allows mass damage and even killing (corporate shield) with no real punishment, in fact quite the quiet-backpat for making tons more money, allows intentional lawbreaking (because, like with pharma, it costs about 1/2 of 1% of profits to pay millions in fines), allows politics to be utterly owned by corporate interests, removes nearly all ability of 'the people' to do anything since nobody can compete with that money, and a ton of other things. It ought to be nailed to a wall somewhere as public enemy #1 of "any hope for the US government" -- no matter what someone's party. Corporatism has destroyed both parties and our culture equally.

Anyway - thanks for the video, lots of fun.

RC
edit on 17-9-2014 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

The BEST YET! Way to go Joe!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
139 flags but only 14 stars?

It's "star AND flag" for a reason people.... XD

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

yeah don't worry about it. TNLB stated they were picking on FB users cos it was easy.

I am not an idiot just cos I used FB. I was an idiot before FB came along.... nothing much has changed.

hahaha

Jesus Christ, I wish Joe would get a haircut... he is starting to look like he is female. lol

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I never did understand all the hate for Facebook. It's been such a useful tool to keep in touch with my relatives across the U.S. and friends from high school and college.

Now Twitter on the other hand I believe should be terminated immediately.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Today we lead off with the horrifying news that the 2010 Supreme Court decision giving corporations "personhood" and the ability to spend unchecked amounts of money on political campaigns, remains in place

This is a FALSEHOOD.

Dunno why it continually get's repeated ad infinitum on here.

For those who never read the ruling:

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. ___ (2010), (Docket No. 08-205), is a U.S. constitutional law case dealing with the regulation of campaign spending by corporations. The United States Supreme Court held that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting independent political expenditures by corporations. The principles articulated by the Supreme Court in the case have also been extended to labor unions and other associations.

en.wikipedia.org...

Read that last part ?

Corporations. UNIONS, and other associations.

As to corporate 'person hood'.

Corporate personhood is an American legal concept that a corporation may be recognized as an individual in the eyes of the law. This doctrine forms the basis for legal recognition that corporations, as groups of people, may hold and exercise certain rights under the common law and the U.S. Constitution. For example, corporations may contract with other parties and sue or be sued in court in the same way as natural persons or unincorporated associations of persons. The doctrine does not hold that corporations are flesh and blood "people" apart from their shareholders, executives, and managers, nor does it grant to corporations all of the rights of citizens.

en.wikipedia.org...

Corporations were NOT given ALL the rights of 'people'

Just enough for the above to be applicable.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

LOL this is actually better because now corporations could donate to multiple people. Before they could only donate to a handful of people, so the Incumbents hog all the money and no one can beat them. Now other people can tap into their resources to knock them out. It's primary reason why Democrats don't like it because they want their incumbents to be in office for 100 years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join