It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone with MRSA??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It was bad in KS, but everyone says no big deal here in Oregon.

Hubby has it confirmed today but highly contagious. Won't excuse work tomorrow. Kid was exposed but also won't excuse although he is showing symptoms.

Contacting the health department tomorrow.

My kid is contagious based on what the docs and the visiting school nurse said.

he is supposed to go to school tomorrow and my husband's job is REQUIRING him to go EVEN THOUGH HE IS HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS.

He said he is posting a sighn at his desk and his person along with a mask and gloves. he works at a call center.

EEEKS...,I remember what happened in KS when MRSA broke out and shut down our school for 2 weeks.

Both my guys are contagious and they are sending them back??

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: palmalBlue2

I used to work in a field where I would sometimes come into contact with these people ...I never knew the seriousness of how contagious it was and would shake peoples hands with it. I never got it, but it is one of those things that always scared me because people made such a big deal about it. I know this response didn't help any but I'd have em stay home!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Raw honey kills it. Manuka honey is used to make medihoney.

I hope you can find something. Because your entire house will be very difficult to keep unaffected.

Lots of luck.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Maybe your hubby needs to visit H.R. Just a visit. I'm sure if they insist he show up to work they won't mind him hanging in their office either would they.

Unbelievable.

I like your husband's idea - scare the masses, and rightfully so, so that they can try to protect themselves since the powers that be are so stupid.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Call centers are ridiculous about that. Most of them even have back-up headsets that are shared. I've worked in workforce management as well as project management in call centers and, believe me, they don't think ahead when it comes to preventing workplace epidemics. At least not the ones I've been at.

I'm with the other poster. He should tag around management and HR until they get scared and send him home. Vomiting on their desks sometimes works, especially if it's the boss's desk.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

My father is in a VA care facility and is a MRSA carrier. So I started researching this and other antibiotic/antiviral diseases. I bought both of Stephen Buhner's Books - "Herbal Antibiotics" and Herbal Antivirals". Good stuff but not light reading. Very science based, slow going to read but good stuff.

Manuka Honey UMF16+ rating if at all possible. Try the health food stores. I ordered mine from New Zealand. Shipping cost as much as the product. I also got a colloidial silver and manuka honey cream. You should be able to google it and order it if you can’t find it locally. Or ask a health store to order it as maybe they will order more and you won’t be killed with International shipping costs.

You can try regular honey also – both eating it and putting it on a boil. Make sure it is organic RAW honey. You will need to go to a health food store or Trader Joes as the honey in most stores is pasteurized and most of the healthy ingredients are killed.

The top herbal antibiotic Buhner suggests is “Cryptolepis tincture”. Once again google it as you won’t find it on a shelf!! Only a few places make it. Other herbs he suggests are: sida, alchornea, bidens, the berberines ( could be Oregon Grape Root, Junipero and others that contain berberine). Usnea, ginger, ashwagandha, red root, and Artemisia annua.

Most of these are in tincture form – that means the herb is steeped in alcohol for a few weeks to extract the active ingredients.

You will of course need to talk to your doctor about these suggestions. As a very new member not sure if I can receive private messages yet or not. But I check in pretty often so if I can help with more detailed info – let me know!

Because of the situation with my Dad am planning on making a MRSA tincture. (I make my own tinctures already). But have not gotten there yet - time and money!

Best of luck!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My son almost died with MRSA. He was in the hospital for many days and nothing they did worked on him. When I finally got there the Doctors said it was the worst case they had ever seen. They were taking photos and documenting everything. It was on his upper lip and he looked like Donald Duck when I first saw him. While my son was starving to death and loosing weight. I took one look at him, left the hospital and found a computer. I researched MRSA natural cures. It said Turmeric it's a spice you find in the grocery store. It said to take 1 heaping teaspoon in the morning and 1 heaping teaspoon at night.

I saw a few other people claimed it worked for their MRSA so I went back to the hospital and told my son we were leaving. Against all the doctors wishes. Went to the grocery store and bought 3 bottles of Turmeric. Took him home and made him take some. I gave him instructions on how much to take and I had to leave. A week later it was getting much better. He was able to eat again and got his weight back up.

It came back a few months later this time in his nose....... but he started the Turmeric and it went away.........

I hope this helps you. It really helped my son! I think it's what kept him alive.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
When I discovered manuka honey, I discovered hospitals use it as the last line of defense.

If a hospital near you does this too, you need only get an Rx and pick it up from the hospital pharmacy. If you can do that it'll save you shipping. Also TJmaxx gets this honey all the time. If you can find it near you, it will be cheaper and faster to utilize.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Raw honey kills it. Manuka honey is used to make medihoney.

I hope you can find something. Because your entire house will be very difficult to keep unaffected.

Lots of luck.

WHAT is it? I know its not the flu or a cold, but bacterial in nature. Spread by skin contact according to google links.
Thanks for the good luck, but it would help to know what I am battling

Is this like a flu, where 6 weeks or less and you're done?
edit on 15-9-2014 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Ive had MRSA. Not sure why anyone would recommend you go to a hospital to treat MRSA.

MRSA is spread predominantly BY hospitals, thats how I got it.

Mom says hospital gave son MRSA; infection spread to entire family.

“It's about stopping the hospitals from giving our children this deadly bacteria. It's about warning other hospitals you've gotta be more careful,” Collins said.

Unfortunately I had to take a course of antibiotics but it did work.

Very rarely did I see hospital staff (from doctors to orderlies), practice sterile techniques. They only time they wore gloves or washed their hands or practiced any kind of proper protocol was when they were trying to protect themselves.

There was zero concern with regards to potentially infecting the patient.

edit on 16-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

MRSA is a type of bacterial infection that is resistant to a number of widely used antibiotics.
Meticillin-Resistant Staphyloccis Aureus - is often carried by many people on skin but more usually in nostrils and throat and can cause mild infections of the skin such as boils or impetigo.

The danger is when it enters the bloodstream and then it can cause blood poisoning or endocarditis - serious problems.

It is NOT a flu or cold but an opportunist infection which has evolved because of humanities overuse of antibiotics in medicine and in the food chain (industrial cattle farms etc).

Normally picked up by people who are in hospitals or nursing homes frequently. Hospital patients are more at risk because:
they often have an entry point for the bacteria to get into their body, such as a surgical wound
many patients are older and weaker, which makes them more vulnerable to infection
they are surrounded by a large number of people, which means bacteria can easily spread through direct contact with other patients or staff or contaminated surfaces

More recently, MRSA has been known to develop outside hospitals and nursing homes. This is known as community-associated MRSA (or CA-MRSA). It is more common in crowded environments where there is frequent skin-to-skin contact and hygiene is poor, such as sports teams, gyms, homeless shelters or army bases.

PDUK

edit on Tue Sep 16 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Op you do know one in three people are carriers don't you?.
It is everywhere and has been for years.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
My mother is Registered Nurse who contracted from the hospital she worked at MRSA pneumonia about a year ago and was in very bad shape as she already has chronic asthma problems. We also lived with her parents at the time that are in their 70s and we were quite worried about them possibly contracting it. I was the one that looked after her so that the grandparents wouldn't be as exposed and I never got it. But it never hurts to take precautions. They fired her for being out of work too many days and denied that it was at all possible that it was contracted from her place of work which was ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I have had several friends with it who were helped very much by Colloidal Silver taken internally and washing the wounds with it. They improved very quickly once silver was introduced. Don't believe the BS disinformation about the blue man or that it is snake oil.

The stuff works miracles on most infections, and literally saved my wife's life when the meds they were giving her were not effective. She improved literally overnight when I finally got some to give her. It's a crime that modern medicine doesn't include silver. Not enough money to be made from it IMHO.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I contracted MRSA ten years ago. Had a really nasty spot of cellulitis on The back of My leg. Waited longer than I should have to go to The ER, But wound up spending a week in The hospital and had it surgically removed. For a year after I had small spots pop up that had to be lanced and drained. At No time did any doctor act like it Was any kind of a big deal. At The time I did a fair amount of research and came to realize they Do have a very limited supply of antibiotics that are effective against MRSA. 9 years later and haven't had a problem since. All The doctors I visited seemed very knowledgeable about this bacteria. I am a Auto mechanic and am not always in The most sanitary environments, which Is how I figure I came across this bit-o-nastiness. Good luck to you and your family. From My experience The hospital Is The place to take care of this.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sorry, some may find this photo a bit un-nerving..... So if you are squeamish, don't look: I am checking with a mod to see if I can post this without violating T&C's....
I have a go ahead from the mods to post it:
Editing photo back out temporarily... there is a question still....

This is my finger in 2007, after surgery for a MRSA infection. The source of the infection was a mosquito bite. The hand surgeon told me that I was an hour away from losing my hand when he did the surgery.
I had it open like that for 2 weeks, soaking it in saline every couple of hours, then they sutured it back up.

I was on Vancomycin for 7 weeks, delivered through a pic line into my heart.
I have been tested for MRSA 3 times since then with nasal swabs, all coming back clean.
edit on b000000302014-09-16T09:13:33-05:0009America/ChicagoTue, 16 Sep 2014 09:13:33 -0500900000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

edit on b000000302014-09-16T09:20:55-05:0009America/ChicagoTue, 16 Sep 2014 09:20:55 -0500900000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I got it bad two years ago. I'll look and see if I have pictures on my computer when I get home from work.
There was a big thread about it around the same time I was diagnosed (I think like late winter/early spring 2012). I tried the honey tatic and it worked wonders. I used the darkest raw wildflower honey I could find. I ate it and put it directly on my skin and it truly worked.
It really sucks to have, I hope they both have a speedy recovery and you stay unaffected.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I had mrsa from a pimple on my rear end. It is highly contagious but only from contact with fluids from an infected person. Tell the person with it not to pick or touch their nose (that's where it lives). Just take basic precautions and you will be fine.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am amazed I don't have it!

My Grandfather, who recently passed, had it and my father has had it for years. Both picked it up from hospitals.

Also, last year I worked for a company that provided specialty bariatric beds and mattresses to hospitals throughout Louisville, Lexington, Elizabethtown (Fort Knox area), and a few other cities. I worked there for about a year and the number of MRSA cases I saw was worrisome. I'd walk onto a hospital floor and half the patients had 'warning' signs posted on their doors along with gowns, gloves, and masks they provided for visitors and staff. My supervisor ended up catching it and he freaked out for about a week while on antibiotics.

My biggest fear was catching Clostridium difficile colitis, C. diff, which gave the infected person 'explosive' diarrhea among other things and was almost impossible to cure.

Superbugs are no joke..

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Sorry, but the wound to your hand is not MRSA. That was a bad case of impetigo/cellulitus caused by an insect bite. MRSA causes necrotic tissue and does not grow back. It literally eats the flesh away. Severe cases need skin grafts and there will be permanent scarring.

Colloidal Silver (as found in Gold Bond Premium) will work on all cases of CA-MRSA but the most severe should be treated with Vancomycin. Start cleansing your body with pure molasses and baking soda..........live healthy!
edit on 16-9-2014 by thestillborn1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join