It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Something Else Wake Up When We Go To Sleep??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Recently I have been staying up late, and in fact all night till morning on some days, for no reason other than wanting to maximize my time doing things I like. Researching the paranormal, surfing the web, and ofcourse posting on ATS.

It is during these late night sessions I began to notice something..I had some sort of encounter...cant really describe it but will try my best.

**warning speculation ahead**

It seems to me that in the late AM hours, mainly between 2am and 5am there is an increase of "unseen activity" and "commotion" inside of my house.. This was not a one time occurrence but happens whenever i remain awake when I should be asleep..

Let me try to elaborate...during one of these late night sessions of surfing around on the net I began to notice "unseen movement" out of the corner of my eye...a kind of feeling of being in a busy street, with multiple people walking by, busily, yet being unable to see any of it...I just felt it.. creepy to say the least...almost felt the small wisps of air moving around when these "entities" went by.

As soon as sunrise hit the activity, and the feeling of someone or someones being present simply disappeared.

Got me thinking about a theory ive had about these "in between" times, the time between our waking and sleeping states...

Does there exist a race of beings that wake up when we go to sleep, and hibernate as soon as we wake up?

Is there something that is parasitic in nature that depends on us being asleep so as not to protest their nightly "feeding"

I had the strong feeling that something was "swarming" around me, and whatever it was, it was upset that I wasn't asleep at such a late hour...it was almost angry that I was not giving it access to me sleeping state.

It is now my opinion that there are unseen beings that feed off of our emotional energy which is generated during our dreams? Could our dreams be virtual reality constructs that force us to produce our emotional chi or prana energy in order to allow these beings to feed off of us?

Could it be that these unseen "presences" were upset with me that I was awake when I should have been asleep?

Does sleep deprivation allow us to access a layer of reality, an ever present dimension that is usually hidden from our 5 senses?

Would love to hear some thoughts on this, especially if anyone has had similar encounters.

OG

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You're asking too many questions that are unrelated in one post.

You could possibly be hallucinating from sleep deprivation and being paranoid from the stuff you are reading. If not that then its maybe something paranormal but it doesn't have to be a special creature of some sort i mean just could be a ghost. I mean think about it. If you share the space with someone else wouldn't you want to be up when they are out just to avoid them?

I sleep all sorts of crazy hours. Night sometimes and day other times. Waking up strange hours. I never really see anything that odd going on at night.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've gone several days before many times testing my personal limits by not sleeping. I've had the paranoid sleep-deprived feelings, and also nothing at all. I think it simply depends on how you plow through sleep deprivation, meaning if you seem to already have an energy store to draw from or not. I very highly doubt it has anything to do with anything supernatural, but rather with your own body's stamina & capabilities at the time.
edit on 9/14/2014 by Nyiah because: Ugh, sticky key...

link   
If something wakes up when a person sleeps it must be a heavy sleeper, as we are usually awake much longer than we sleep. So this "other", in your theory, must have more dreamtime than the original person.

A star and flag for an original thought and idea, one I've never had (on another thread I just read about a woman who could solve crossword puzzles by just looking at the grid and not the clues - something else I've never imagined. So the envelope of my mental-landscape stretches just a little bit more...).

+14 more 
link   
a reply to: Aural

On the contrary I think all these questions are related. I didn't realize there was a set limit to the number questions a thread is allowed to pose.

I hope that it wasn't overwhelming for you, I did use paragraphs and spacing after all..

OG

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I've gone several days before many times testing my personal limits by not sleeping. I've had the paranoid sleep-deprived feelings, and also nothing at all. I think i simply depends on how you plow through sleep deprivation, meaning if you seem to already have an energy sore o draw from or not. I very highly doubt it has anything to do with anything supernatural, but rather with your own body's stamina & capabilities at the time.

During these encounters I was NEVER paranoid, just a feeling of being in the middle of an unseen busy active street....like standing in times square...although never visually seeing anything, maybe some shadows out the corner of my eyes but that's about it..

OG

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
If something wakes up when a person sleeps it must be a heavy sleeper, as we are usually awake much longer than we sleep. So this "other", in your theory, must have more dreamtime than the original person.

A star and flag for an original thought and idea, one I've never had (on another thread I just read about a woman who could solve crossword puzzles by just looking at the grid and not the clues - something else I've never imagined. So the envelope of my mental-landscape stretches just a little bit more...).

You do have a point there we do sleep less than we are awake....but lets ponder this for a minute...don't forget that the other half of the planet falls asleep when we wake up...so these said entities could simply move onto the dark side of the planet and essentially continue their activities continuously and uninterrupted...

OG

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
All sorts of crazy things start to happen after prolonged sleep deprivation. I think what you're experiencing are the very early stages of that after several hours being awake.

I always feel differently in the few hours before bed than I do earlier in the day. It's all you.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

I think you've made an interesting speculation and raised relevant questions...

Though I haven't experienced anything 'odd' in being awake at those hours - I wouldn't automatically rule out your ideas...I would say it could possibly depend on location or even 'attributes' of specific individuals.

I'd be interested to know if others have had experiences similar to yours...

....Oh, one thing came to mind as I read your OP - Although people call midnight the "witching hour", actually - 3AM is considered to be the time when the 'veil' is thinnest as far as 'supernatural' activities are concerned...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

I think you've made an interesting speculation and raised relevant questions...

Though I haven't experienced anything 'odd' in being awake at those hours - I wouldn't automatically rule out your ideas...I would say it could possibly depend on location or even 'attributes' of specific individuals.

I'd be interested to know if others have had experiences similar to yours...

....Oh, one thing came to mind as I read your OP - Although people call midnight the "witching hour", actually - 3AM is considered to be the time when the 'veil' is thinnest as far as 'supernatural' activities are concerned...

Lostgirl,

This is very much along the lines of what I was trying to convey...is this "veil" pierced with sleep deprivation? Is sleep something that recharges the virtual reality "matrix" that we live in, and not sleeping allows us brief glimpses into this mostly unseen reality around us?

OG

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I lived in a hunted house for 14 years and although things would happen sometimes during the day, it was mostly during the late night hours the place would become more active. Such are the creatures of the night.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

WOW Good Thread, and thanx for the heads up! I appreciate that!

I know what you are trying to convey. I do believe in the other world theory. I think they do prey on our astral realm state. I think it's a source of energy for them.
I too, very late at night, have had feelings of others around me, turn around and no one is there!

Also we have seen full apperitions in broad daylight where we live. Looks like an old woman. She will appear near us in the kitchen, in the end of the hallway here. I know of four times, at least, that she has been here.
That was not probably what you are after, but I wanted to share it with you......

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I hear ya there! We were in a place for over 20 years and had a visitor at late night hours usually. Sometimes in the daytime we would hear footsteps on the stairs. Sounds of a ball bouncing down the same stairs too. It was expected and kinda Kool! LOL!!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You have a biological mind that has evolved to overlap reality with its capacity to create and recall memories to make sense of the day you had today to prepare you for the day you may have tomorrow while you are sleeping and this as all good daydreamers know can happen while you feel you are awake.

It's natural, rather than 'super' natural.

The human mind is a magnificent biological wonder if you spend the time to understand it rather than being distracted by the thrill of speculation and supernatural beliefs...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Well, I guess the question would be whether the 'phenomena' are a result of the sleep deprivation itself or if it is something happening at that time of night and you just happen to be awake to 'sense' it happening...

An interesting experiment would be for you to spend several nights, maybe a week, getting really well rested - then one night go to bed early, set an alarm for say 1AM or so (you want to be in a fully awakened state by 2:00, as if you had stayed up that late instead of going to bed early), start doing your 'regular' web surfing or whatever, and then see if you end up sensing any of that 'weird' stuff...

...This way you would not be sleep deprived, so you could see if the happenings are due to the time frame...

The thing about sleep deprivation is that unless you have someone with you who is not sleep deprived, it is difficult to say whether stuff is really happening or your mind is 'playing tricks', because it has been shown scientifically that sleep deprivation affects mental processing - they've done experiments where people stay awake for 4 -5 days (all 24 hrs) and it has caused them to develop schizophrenia type delusions...

So, while it is possible that your lack of sleep makes your mind more 'sensitive' to supernatural, it just is a very difficult thing to assess for certain...
If you try the 'experiment' let us know how it goes...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

WOW Good Thread, and thanx for the heads up! I appreciate that!

I know what you are trying to convey. I do believe in the other world theory. I think they do prey on our astral realm state. I think it's a source of energy for them.
I too, very late at night, have had feelings of others around me, turn around and no one is there!

Also we have seen full apperitions in broad daylight where we live. Looks like an old woman. She will appear near us in the kitchen, in the end of the hallway here. I know of four times, at least, that she has been here.
That was not probably what you are after, but I wanted to share it with you......

Yes they may be astral vampires as it were...Got me thinking, are dreamscapes and especially nightmares all artificial constructs designed to feed off our astral energy?

Another thing id like to know is when we experience fear in a nightmare, are there there the same physical changes present as in the waking state of fear? Such as adrenaline and cortisol injected into the blood.

OG

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
You have a biological mind that has evolved to overlap reality with its capacity to create and recall memories to make sense of the day you had today to prepare you for the day you may have tomorrow while you are sleeping and this as all good daydreamers know can happen while you feel you are awake.

It's natural, rather than 'super' natural.

The human mind is a magnificent biological wonder if you spend the time to understand it rather than being distracted by the thrill of speculation and supernatural beliefs...

Not distracted at all friend...for you see I may HAVE a biological mind, but I AM NOT my biological mind. I am more. And so are you. Perhaps not wondering is your problem...wonder more...question more...speculate more.....it may not be a distraction but perhaps our saving grace as light beings trapped in these meat suits to wonder if thats all we are...or if there is more to this existence..

OG

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

"Yes they may be astral vampires as it were...Got me thinking, are dreamscapes and especially nightmares all artificial constructs designed to feed off our astral energy? "

Yes I do believe that they are a type of vampire. Feeding off our energies created in dreams. The fact of whether or not they create the bad dreams to feed off of the heightend energies, and other chemicals that are injected into us during a traumatic dream, can probably only be stated as FACT in a clinical trial setting. But I do think it possible that the same things happen to us in dream state, as they do in the awake state, as far as whether the chemicals are injected, or not......

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Well, I guess the question would be whether the 'phenomena' are a result of the sleep deprivation itself or if it is something happening at that time of night and you just happen to be awake to 'sense' it happening...

An interesting experiment would be for you to spend several nights, maybe a week, getting really well rested - then one night go to bed early, set an alarm for say 1AM or so (you want to be in a fully awakened state by 2:00, as if you had stayed up that late instead of going to bed early), start doing your 'regular' web surfing or whatever, and then see if you end up sensing any of that 'weird' stuff...

...This way you would not be sleep deprived, so you could see if the happenings are due to the time frame...

The thing about sleep deprivation is that unless you have someone with you who is not sleep deprived, it is difficult to say whether stuff is really happening or your mind is 'playing tricks', because it has been shown scientifically that sleep deprivation affects mental processing - they've done experiments where people stay awake for 4 -5 days (all 24 hrs) and it has caused them to develop schizophrenia type delusions...

So, while it is possible that your lack of sleep makes your mind more 'sensitive' to supernatural, it just is a very difficult thing to assess for certain...
If you try the 'experiment' let us know how it goes...

Lostgirl,

That may really me the most important question...are these experiences a result of sleep deprivation...or are they a result of being awake at these hours...

Im beginning to think its just the time of day...since im a night owl, and being up until 3 or 4am after having a rest-full sleep the night before cant really be classified as severe sleep deprivation...

After pondering some more im inclined to think that perhaps sleep deprivation has nothing to do with this but instead the late night hours are preferred for those who operate at night because *most people are knocked out.

OG

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

If the people you dream about are complex and have individual motivations, what happens to those people when you wake up? Every time you exit an REM cycle, does your brain commit mass genocide? It turns out, we are a much more violent deity than our god is. lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join