It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to get rid of the ats bar up top that follows you even when strolling down to make a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Whenever I make a reply on a thread through my cellphone that bar takes up almost the entire screen and the little icons are accidentally pressed bringing me to other areas of ats and messing up everything I typed as a reply.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18413927]arpgme[/post
I second that! Especially in android cell phone its terrible. It blocks the view and I'm always having to move the screen around it to read.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I have this same problem, and I also have an old phone. I just chalked it up to that, but if there is a way it would be nice to know.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This can be quite the pain when I'm on my iPad. Doesn't happen on the Mac.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

Do mobile devices have ad block?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Never had problem with it and on android .. works fine on galaxy tab3 ..

@ antipathy17 .. depends .. if your rooted or not .. or what browser you use ..

it agaisnt t&c to use adblockers on ats ..

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There is a way, but unfortunately I don't have time atm to sit down and figure it out. Google Weinre or chrome developer tools for android. That should give you an idea of what all is involved. I'll be back in a little while to help if I can.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
the only suggestion I could make at the moment is to post a reply and then edit it. Doing this will take you to another screen where you can type without that bar.
edit on 14-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
I am not sure how easy this is to do on a mobile or iPad but it should be able to be done ...

right click on the bar, click inspect element, find the section that says "" and highlight it, right click, click delete node.

That will get rid of it and do what you desire, but keep in mind, it is temporary, if you refresh or navigate to a new page it will be there again. That means after your reply is posted, it will be there once again.

Not too helpful and meticulous if you are doing a lot of replying, but better than nothing.

top topics

join