It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown disease kills eight people in Maracay, north Venezuela

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The information was confirmed by the president of the Medical Association in Aragua state, Ángel Sarmiento. He explained that four adults and four children died less than 72 hours after being admitted with the same symptoms, including a 40 C-fever, general discomfort, and skin rashes that then turned into blisters.

Sarmiento ruled out the possibility that the deaths were caused by Ebola infection, as reported on social networks. Chikungunya fever and dengue virus were also ruled out. He added that doctors were waiting for the results of the autopsies to determine whether it was a viral or bacterial disease.

only english link i found

From Google translate

The eight victims, from different points of Aragua, were transferred to the state capital, Maracay with symptoms including general malaise fever, skin spots and "bubbles" in the mouth.

Those spots, then became blisters and soon patients began presenting internal and external bleeding.

"After the bleeding starts, comes respiratory failure, liver failure, kidney failure and death within 72 hours"

Not Ebola that's a relieve, just some new unknown killer hemorrhagic fever. The news break out yesterday
edit on 12-9-2014 by Indigent because: e in ebola

The government already said this is a lie and the cause of death of all is well known, cancer, diabetes, cellulite... by the other hand this is the same government that let rot 45 tons of chicken in a port and buried so no one knew about it, denied for weeks Chikungunya in the country and symply dont have a good track telling the truth. I dont trust them
edit on 12-9-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

This is what the good governor said about the president of the medical association "a militant of the fascist right, on a terrorist plan to create anxiety and distress in the population"

more complete source (spanish)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You're going to trust something that comes out of Venezuela?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

What the hell is going on with all these new Viruses??

Seems the Mosquito's are on the attack and their Venom is mutating.

Either that or someone in a Lab has been experimenting and vials have been stolen.

Go to this link and check out the map of known Viruses in the World. You will see that it looks pretty scary.

www.healthmap.org...
edit on CDTFri, 12 Sep 2014 16:27:52 -0500u3004x152x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Considering this kind of thing I am stunned there are not millions dying from these things everywhere by now. Foolish foolish human beings!

Smallpox find was among hundreds of other long-lost vials, FDA says

Smallpox was discovered among more than 300 vials in a cold-storage area in a Food and Drug Administration lab on July 1. Among the labels on those vials: dengue, influenza and Q fever. The discovery has raised serious questions about what else may be hiding in labs across the country.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I came out of Venezuela!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Considering how fast microorganisms evolve, how well their succeeding generations adapt to their new environments, and how long they can live in the harshest of environments, I'm actually amazed that we don't hear about new diseases all the time. Our mask of medicine and vaccines is only going to last so long. You can't keep a band-aid on a festering wound.

"A terrorist plan to create anxiety and distress in the population." My God, they've succeeded!

www.webmd.com...

Now I don't know if my headache is a from a brain tumor or just from being around family.

edit on PMpAmerica/ChicagoFri, 12 Sep 2014 16:35:07 -050030uFri, 12 Sep 2014 16:35:07 -0500America/Chicago by Aperture because: (no reason given)

edit on PMpAmerica/ChicagoFri, 12 Sep 2014 16:35:50 -050030uFri, 12 Sep 2014 16:35:50 -0500America/Chicago by Aperture because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Either media inflated this, or the president of the medical association is a sociopath for making that up or the governor is a disgusting sociopath for covering it up.

Anyways when i was very young an isolated town was wiped out by an hemorrhagic fever and pretty much it got covered up too, Venezuela is home to some very nasty diseases that fortunately not many encounter as they are deep in the jungle, and we usually dont eat bushmeat (knowingly)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Theres been a couple of haemorrhagic in the past that have poped up in South America but they dont get much further than a few people so they don't get much attention.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

I came out of Venezuela!!!

I meant in terms of official reports.

I have no doubts that they died of something, but I'm not sure I'd trust the Venezuelan government officials when it comes to telling the world what they did or did not die of.

I'm sure you are probably OK.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm going to trow a crazy conspiracy theory over this, its not a disease and the governor knows it, its some sort of heavy metal poisoning like arsenic

and by disease i mean virus/bacteria/parasite in general

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Now that's more like it.

The sad thing is that I'm starting to trust my own government about as much these days.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
another source you can use

The Medical Association of Aragua state (north Venezuela) has declared a state of alarm following the death of eight people in the last few hours at the Maracay's Central Hospital because of an unidentified virus or bacteria. The information was confirmed by the president of the Medical Association in Aragua state, Angel Sarmiento. He explained that four adults and four children died less than 72 hours after being admitted with the same symptoms, including a 40 C-fever, general discomfort, and skin rashes that then turned into blisters. Sarmiento ruled out the possibility that the deaths were caused by Ebola infection, as reported on social networks. Chikungunya fever and dengue virus were also ruled out. He added that doctors were waiting for the results of the autopsies to determine whether it was a viral or bacterial disease.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
... These people are so cool, now the communication minister said all media outlet that run the news is going to be prosecuted for the perverse campaign against Venezuela

In Spanish

Meanwhile the president of the medical federation supports Sarmiento's claims

YAY communism

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I found it reported on the RSOE EDIS website which is not controlled by the Venezuelan government. Could very well be a legit cause of concern, especially seeing how fast the symptoms progress to death.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I'm not denying they died of something. I'm just not sure the Venezuelan officials can be relied upon to really know for sure what's going on or report it if they did know. For example, do you think if it was Ebola, they'd tell the world?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Was reading about this earlier on informe 21 at work, was going to post but I see you beat me to it.
Yes, it seems quite strange, however there is this.

translated via google

Tarek El Aissam, governor of Aragua state, said Dr. Angel Sarmiento, be investigated for having generated an array of information to report suspected cases of virus unknown in the Central Hospital of Maracay

"We will ask the Public Prosecutor Mr. Sarmiento deep research to launch campaign without inquiring or investigating," said UR . He also eesmintió "categorically" the existence of a virus or bacteria in the Central Hospital of Maracay.

"This campaign grew out of the voice, using his position of chief physicians, Dr. Sarmiento. I tell Mr. Sarmiento per hour, but is active in the fascist right of Venezuela, which launches this campaign militant, "said wheel release this Friday.

He said that the images reproduced are false, "do not correspond to the reality of the Central Hospital of Maracay.

informe21.com...

"The only thing common is the way the disease occurs," he said in a telephone interview.

The eight victims, from different points of Aragua, were transferred to the state capital, Ottawa, with symptoms including malaise, fever, skin spots and "bubbles" in the mouth.

Those spots, then became blisters and soon patients began presenting internal and external bleeding.

"After the bleeding starts, is respiratory failure, liver failure, kidney failure and death within 72 hours," said Sarmiento.

"You can not treat the disease, because this requires knowing how it is produced and what is produced. The only thing you can do for now is try to provide a comprehensive treatment for the symptoms, "he said.

informe21.com...

Maduro said it was terrorism ....possible but I think it is more likely he is just a bruto

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

I read this earlier in the day. I was going to post it but after reading the latest news and how they're just denying it I figured I shouldn't lol.

As for diseases popping up, all going according to the plan of the universe.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Whether it is Ebola or not, it's just as damn bad as Ebola (according to symptoms) and it killed 8 people in South America over a couple of days. So what's the difference. Something to be very concerned about. I wouldn't believe anything that Venezuelan government would say. They may be trying to buy time to get a fix on it, stop the spread and avert economic problems for their country. As the chief doctor came out with his description and news of the disease, the story also reports that it broke out on social media, so most likely true versus the tale fabricated by the government.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

sound pretty much Ebola but who know here a update on that hisz.rsoe.hu...

Earlier, the President of the Aragua Physician's College [CMA], Angel Sarmiento, gave a press conference in order to [report] the sudden deaths of children, adults, and adolescents that were admitted to the Maracay Central Hospital in the last few hours, according to El Aragueno [a media source]. Sarmiento said that, so far, the diagnosis of patients who have died is unknown. He explained that this presented as an "acute hemorrhagic fever syndrome" that resulted in an abrupt death within a period not exceeding 72 hours." He reported that the patients reached the Maracay hospital with symptoms, coming from other municipalities and remote sectors. "So far, there have been 8 deaths in adults and children," he said. The president of the CMA said they were waiting for results from the National Institute of Health on [the specimens from] these cases in order to determine the diagnosis of this "rare" disease with unfamiliar details. He called for calm among the public at large, and, for the present time, he recommended that people not visit the Maracay Central Hospital because, in his opinion, "even visitors may be affected."

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I would use that map as a rough guide only if I were you, it seems they don't validate the information very well..

Case in point, Perth, Western Australia apparently had a case of a rabid groundhog...

Australia doesn't have groundhogs and the link goes to a story about one being found in Middlesex county, New Jersey, in a city called Perth Amboy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join