It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scottish.. Click here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
As someone who lives in Yorkshire, i understand how you feel about the toff's in Westminster - Really now. Those idiots are unaware that there are people living beyond the M25 (scary thought for any southerner) But really now, you guy's are getting on your high horse and you're starting to sound like that teenage boy who's got his first bit of facial hair and is ready to call himself a man without actually understanding what that may mean.

Whether you stay or go will be decided.. next Thursday is it? I dont personally care what you do considering the poor attitude many Scots seem to have about the English in general. Please understand though, some of the claim's you are making are... unfounded.

One of the most wealthiest countries in the world??
Your claim to North Sea Oil, no question's asked.
Free healthcare funded by a reduced tax rate.

Ever heard the expression "If its to good to be true, it probably is" or maybe "Why fix what isnt broken?" As an ATS post pointed on another thread, you're not going to be given a credit rating of AAA - You have no independent credit history, nor can you default on the debt you SHARE with the rest of what still remains as Britain.

How proud you are to be Scottish and how proud we are for you. You're own flag, your own boarder, your own Gaelic language. Dare i say, even your own cultural norms - You're already seen as a country of the world.
If you want to throw all that away for a "Better deal" by all mean's vote yes and be done. But please stop spouting your delusional claims at the rest of Britain like Westminster is still trying to personally subjugate you (And just you)

Its getting embarrassing for all of us.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

Well said, star and flag

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Well put.

I'm annoyed that this is happening at all, who knows what economical consequences this will have for both sides.

And in the absence of a yes vote, the relations between both sides will be completely destroyed, and if devo max is on the table for them at that point, the damn government better create an English only parliament for the English who seem to have been forgotten in all of this.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You do realize your worried about credit ratings? Do you believe the best economy is based on debt and credit ratings? I'm sure the bankers love you for believing in a debt economy.

Are you worried about material possessions that the government's of other nations might no longer provide to the Scottish?

If they have the basics for survival, why do they need debt and material possessions? So they can become slaves to a new batch of bankers?

Wake up, credit ratings and debt are only good for the lender. The borrower always gets screwed. That's why the US constitution stands against private banking.

You can continue to believe in private banks and enormous debt that leaves you slave to material goods.

Or you can believe in freedom and progress that leads to a better life for all, not just the bankers.
edit on 12-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Perhaps when we get an English Parliament the English can vote if we want to stay as part of the union. Seems to me that we are the "Black Sheep" of the family. All three other countries within the UK are very anti English. When I lived in Scotland, Ireland and Wales they all wore T-shirts during the World Cup stating "supporting anyone playing against the English". They never believed me when I informed them that the English would support their national teams in tournaments as long as England were not playing.

Seems to me if the English are so bad then let us go it in our own and leave the others to do there own thing.

Support and vote for the English Democrat Party in the next election if you want and English Parliament as they are the only party offering this in their manifesto and they are not a right wing fascist party.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

You do realize your worried about credit ratings? Do you believe the best economy is based on debt and credit ratings? I'm sure the bankers love you for believing in a debt economy.

Are you worried about material possessions that the government's of other nations might no longer provide to the Scottish?

If they have the basics for survival, why do they need debt and material possessions? So they can become slaves to a new batch of bankers?

Wake up, credit ratings and debt are only good for the lender. The borrower always gets screwed. That's why the US constitution stands against private banking.

You can continue to believe in private banks and enormous debt that leaves you slave to material goods.

Or you can believe in freedom and progress that leads to a better life for all, not just the bankers.

You keep using the word "worry"
I don't think you quite understand my OP, I'm not worried about what the Scots do, just stop making delusional claims to everyone else, it's embarrassing.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I am disillusioned because I believe that a sovereign nation that can provide its basic necessities doesn't need private foreign banking to steal money from the workers?

Who is disillusioned, the slave or the free man?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Unless Scotland decides to go back to living off the land then you really do need to worry about Scotland's Credit rating as with more unemployment and less tax revenue for an independent Scotland will mean Scotland will have to borrow money from the markets and depending on the credit rating given by the likes of Moody's will depend on how much it will cost to borrow or even if anyone wants to lend in the first place.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I am disillusioned because I believe that a sovereign nation that can provide its basic necessities doesn't need private foreign banking to steal money from the workers?

Haha and you honestly believe those bankers wouldn't get their hands on your economy and enslave you to debt to???

This is what I'm talking about when I mention delusion.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Unless Scotland decides to go back to living off the land then you really do need to worry about Scotland's Credit rating as with more unemployment and less tax revenue for an independent Scotland will mean Scotland will have to borrow money from the markets and depending on the credit rating given by the likes of Moody's will depend on how much it will cost to borrow or even if anyone wants to lend in the first place.

Why is everyone so in love with material goods made in bleeping China? Nations could survive hundreds of years by just keeping their current technologies running.

We don't need, and never needed 90% of the scrap we consume.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

Haha and you honestly believe those bankers wouldn't get their hands on your economy and enslave you to debt to???

This is not delusional, it is my hope and prayer for humanity.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

It seems we are constantly demonised for being English. In fact while looking for work when I had to identify myself via a choice of multiple options for ethnic and racial backgrounds, I always chose British even if there was an option for English, as I felt like I was being tested to see if I would select the wrong option.

We all secretly know that had I chosen English I would have been perceived as some football hooligan with a portrait of Hitler on my bedroom wall. Yet across the borders, Scottish and Welsh nationality is something to be proud of. When will we stop being persecuted for the actions of our forefathers?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes, I always forget how hope and prayer ensure the welfare of 5 million people.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yes, I always forget how hope and prayer ensure the welfare of 5 million people.

I guess debt and material possessions is a better option?

5 million will have food, shelter, and plenty of time for prayer once they eliminate slavery to debt.

The question isn't should they, the question is do they have the faith to.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Unfortunately, most people are not of your mindset and a few million people in Scotland need to earn a living to feed their family's and keep a roof over their head. With that in mind and in the absence of your Utopia evolving after a yes vote, Scotland will need to borrow money from the markets and you all need to care about currency and credit ratings or your in for a real tough time.

If the yes wins, I can honestly see Scotland going to the IMF for a loan within a couple of years and then your country really will be f"@&£d.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They may do what you claim but they don't need to.

Scotland can create jobs for the Scottish. Most people aren't of my mindset because they have been brainwashed that the worst possible banking system is necessary.

Most people don't understand job creation and money in ways that show they are clearly just illusions that create casts systems.

The world owes bankers 233 trillion dollars. I think Scotland would be better off with their own currency and their own banks.

Their are plenty of scenarios that play out well for an independent Scotland. Unfortunately thier are likely wolves on both sides, so the people are screwed either way.

I'm not speaking of Utopia. I'm talking about eliminating private fractional reserve banking that has made trillionaires out of men who never worked an honest day in thier lives.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

They may do what you claim but they don't need to.

Scotland can create jobs for the Scottish. Most people aren't of my mindset because they have been brainwashed that the worst possible banking system is necessary.

Most people don't understand job creation and money in ways that show they are clearly just illusions that create casts systems.

The world owes bankers 233 trillion dollars. I think Scotland would be better off with their own currency and their own banks.

Their are plenty of scenarios that play out well for an independent Scotland. Unfortunately thier are likely wolves on both sides, so the people are screwed either way.

I'm not speaking of Utopia. I'm talking about eliminating private fractional reserve banking that has made trillionaires out of men who never worked an honest day in thier lives.

Create Scottish jobs for Scottish people? What about when all the migrants come to your wonderful utopia?? You may be able to cap the legal ones but what about the illegals? Hypothetically of course because your never going to have this utopia your trying to sell.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
And so the "debate" (which it is not!) descends to ATS. I personally find it hard to believe that so many people are swayed by populist opinion, swallowing all the "facts" that the media shovels them. I hope that all Scottish people vote after thinking for themselves rather than being told what to think by mass media and pop-star politicians and actors. You (Scotland) have never needed England. But hey, I don't live there, what do I know?

"The money will disappear, along with jobs, food, trade and possibly.... the sky!"

Yeah right!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

In my world I ask only these questions of myself in concerns to immigration.

1. Can I feed the immigrant
2. Can I provide shelter, electricity and other things required for a civilized life.
3. Is the immigrant willing to work in whatever job I place him in?

If the answers are all yes, why would I not move them in? If I have to build 10 story hydroponic greenhouses that run off solar to produce more food, that is what we would do.

If we need to allocate more land for chickens to feed the immigrant that is what we would do.

You see, never once did I have to ask about money. Because in my society I print the money and ensure enough commodities are made that everyone who is willing to work has the basic necessities.

If we have to give up Barbie dolls or some other convince item because we have limited resources, than we will find a way to manage.

The citizens who work will be the ones rewarded, not bankers who do nothing but get richer off the hard work of others.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

In my world I ask only these questions of myself in concerns to immigration.

1. Can I feed the immigrant
2. Can I provide shelter, electricity and other things required for a civilized life.
3. Is the immigrant willing to work in whatever job I place him in?

If the answers are all yes, why would I not move them in? If I have to build 10 story hydroponic greenhouses that run off solar to produce more food, that is what we would do.

If we need to allocate more land for chickens to feed the immigrant that is what we would do.

You see, never once did I have to ask about money. Because in my society I print the money and ensure enough commodities are made that everyone who is willing to work has the basic necessities.

If we have to give up Barbie dolls or some other convince item because we have limited resources, than we will find a way to manage.

The citizens who work will be the ones rewarded, not bankers who do nothing but get richer off the hard work of others.

Fantastic, when you put that into practice and make it a reality then you can turn teach the whole world a lesson... Again, easier said then done eh?

Will higher education still remain free? Of course it will, this is the Scottish dream! Oh I can't wait to cross the boarder and get my castle! Where do I sign!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join