It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scottish.. Click here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

If the Spirit of the US constitution was obeyed, you would already see what I'm suggesting. And you are correct, everyone would want to move in.

I am not screaming for anything new. What I want is a modern-day version of the US Constitution, where rights are more clearly defined in the light of modern technology.

The only change I would implement has to do with the managing of commodities. This is to ensure an improving quality of life instead of our current state, which at best is stagnant and at worst socially debilitating.

If higher education is a benefit to humanity, than it will be free, if it is deemed only a benefit to the student than the student should pay.

edit on 12-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

Its getting embarrassing for all of us.

The delusional one here is you, simply because you can't understand the numbers.

Scotland: 5.3million

Rest of UK: 59million

So Scotland should be responsible for less than 10% of the national debt.

And for a nation of only 5million, Scots have contributed more to the world than any other nation of that size in history.

Scotland will do just fine on it's own while England runs around with its head up it's arse letting Sharia Law take over the streets.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: flammadraco

It seems we are constantly demonised for being English. In fact while looking for work when I had to identify myself via a choice of multiple options for ethnic and racial backgrounds, I always chose British even if there was an option for English, as I felt like I was being tested to see if I would select the wrong option.

We all secretly know that had I chosen English I would have been perceived as some football hooligan with a portrait of Hitler on my bedroom wall. Yet across the borders, Scottish and Welsh nationality is something to be proud of. When will we stop being persecuted for the actions of our forefathers?

It's worse being Scottish in Scotland - we had the "fresh talent" initiative

en.wikipedia.org...

I first encountered it when a couple of the most senior engineers in the company I worked for decided to move to the USA. Our company was instructed not to "promote" anyone else and bring in talent from abroad instead.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

That's great as 10% of the UK national debt is just over £100 billion which is what has been asked for.
edit on 12.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

The delusional one here is you, simply because you can't understand the numbers.

And for a nation of only 5million, Scots have contributed more to the world than any other nation of that size in history.

Scotland will do just fine on it's own while England runs around with its head up it's arse letting Sharia Law take over the streets.

Yup, keep on spouting your delusional beliefs. I will personally drive you to your local voting office and and even point out the "yes" box for you.

You guy's are seriously deluded if you think for one moment that Scottish independence is actually viable in a global economy. You must be CRAZY to believe it. Please vote yes. I cant wait to see your country get put in it's place on the global stage.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

This is not delusional, it is my hope and prayer for humanity.

'Hope and Prayer' alone never filled an empty belly, or warmed a cold body

or sheltered from the elements .........

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Yup, keep on spouting your delusional beliefs. I will personally drive you to your local voting office and and even point out the "yes" box for you.

You guy's are seriously deluded if you think for one moment that Scottish independence is actually viable in a global economy. You must be CRAZY to believe it. Please vote yes. I cant wait to see your country get put in it's place on the global stage.

See, I could detect your sh*tty attitude and condescension dripping from your OP.

I'm actually an American, with about 3/4 Scottish ancestry, and I wish the very best for England also, but England needs to get it's shizt in order. Personally I think England ARE closer to actually getting their act together as they are quickly becoming conservative and it's unlikely labor will win full control for the next 20+years, while UKIP are quickly gaining ground. I fear a YES vote could allow Scotland to continue down the hyper-liberal road they have followed since WW2. However, not having crown support could very well be the kick-up-the-arse that Scotland needs to pull it's bootstraps up and return to the industrial David-meets-Goliath they have historically been.

What I don't understand is why you are so angry and spewing hate for Scots??

I've heard the media are making a fvcking circus of this whole thing over there, but turn off the TV and go down the pub for a pint or three with a Scot for fvcks sake! We're all people, don't let the media play you.

Independence could be good or bad, but it's not about "FVCK ENGLAND!", it's about an extra 5million not being dragged along with the global political lies. If Scotland are really the bunch of total losers you seem to think they are then why would you give 2shíts ?

You sound like those abusive parents shouting "YOU LOSER, YOU'LL NEVER MAKE ANYTHING OF YOURSELF!!!"

Take your hate elsewhere and turn off the TV.
edit on 13-9-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Will higher education still remain free? Of course it will, this is the Scottish dream! Oh I can't wait to cross the boarder and get my castle! Where do I sign!!

Um, put down the haterade there for a second captain Jackass Sparrow, and wake up to the fact Scotland has universities that are more than 1,000years older than the UNION, and furthermore Scotland has a long history of free higher education.

Where do you think 1/2 of the modern worlds medical knowledge comes from? Oh and English students have long been welcome to come study in Scotland for FREE.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Will higher education still remain free? Of course it will, this is the Scottish dream! Oh I can't wait to cross the boarder and get my castle! Where do I sign!!

Um, put down the haterade there for a second captain Jackass Sparrow, and wake up to the fact Scotland has universities that are more than 1,000years older than the UNION, and furthermore Scotland has a long history of free higher education.

Where do you think 1/2 of the modern worlds medical knowledge comes from? Oh and English students have long been welcome to come study in Scotland for FREE.

Thank you, I was unaware of how rich the history of Scottish education is.

What is amazing to me, most people hate the quality of life they have and the way the world is being run, but refuse to believe that separating from the globalist will help?

People are actually arguing for the things that have enslaved them. It's disheartening at times to see the lack of understanding.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just found this online and could not stop laughing THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Half the Labour shadow cabinet travelled to Scotland today to campaign against Scottish independence. They were met in Glasgow by a man on a rickshaw playing the Imperial Death March from Star Wars, who then chased them down the street.

"People of Glasgow, this is your imperial masters," he shouted, persued by TV cameras and journalists. "Say hello to your imperial masters. These lovely people, they have travelled all the way from England to tell us they are better to rule us than anybody else, our imperial masters. People of Glasgow your imperial masters have arrived."

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

edit on 13/9/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I just hope the Scottish public realise they hold a gun to the world's head and vote no.

Think of the economic ramifications, which could plunder the world back into recession.

This is the potential break up of the world's 6th largest economy, and Europe's 2nd largest economy. In other words, this isn't like the break-up of Czechoslovakia in 1993. The uncertainty over currency, financial institutions and the economy as a whole will most certainly affect the whole world as we live in times of global economy.

So if there are people from outside of the UK that believe this is a small matter that doesn't affect them, then think again.

When the hard times are back again and it affects you, remember it was the Scottish people being selfish.

Of course many Scots aren't stupid and they're waking up to this realisation and on the 18th will be voting no, so fingers crossed come the day after we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
I just hope the Scottish public realise they hold a gun to the world's head and vote no.

Think of the economic ramifications, which could plunder the world back into recession.

This is the potential break up of the world's 6th largest economy, and Europe's 2nd largest economy. In other words, this isn't like the break-up of Czechoslovakia in 1993. The uncertainty over currency, financial institutions and the economy as a whole will most certainly affect the whole world as we live in times of global economy.

So if there are people from outside of the UK that believe this is a small matter that doesn't affect them, then think again.

When the hard times are back again and it affects you, remember it was the Scottish people being selfish.

Of course many Scots aren't stupid and they're waking up to this realisation and on the 18th will be voting no, so fingers crossed come the day after we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

ARE YOU HALLUCINATING?!?!?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join