It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2 invades all Apple products with their new album without your consent!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
That is not even funny. That is scarier than a reptilian showing up in my room!

But Bono IS a reptilian!!??

edit on 12/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur

It's the cultivated group of people - their target demographic - that will buy anything from Apple. They knew full well what they were doing at Apple. Playing from its early days on animosity of people towards Microsoft, building good but totally closed systems, creating a closed ecosystem of applications and enforcing strict policies, questionable privacy affairs with all of the rootkit capabilities of some of their phones made Apple look like an almost Orwellian company. Apple has very good strategist and marketing department. They create an aura of elitism, high quality (yeah we sell at a high price, but high quality and so pretty, so shut up!) and looks that are especially liked by women. It's almost a fashion company of the IT world.

That entire U2 affair looks to me like the albums are selling bad enough for Bono to go to Apple and ask for support...hey guys add me to your product...do a tie-in...whatever...I need money!

U2...Their last album I liked was Achtung Baby. And during cleaning in my house my dog grabbed a copy of Rattle and Hum and tried - unsuccessfully - to eat it. An omen, I'm sure.
Before somebody jumps on me: I do have some U2 albums, I admit. Don't shoot me

edit on 12-9-2014 by Jelonek because: x

edit on 12-9-2014 by Jelonek because: can't a man edit in peace?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur
Apple released a phone with features that they think are innovative and cutting edge but the world of non-iphone users have been utilizing for a while now. What better way to promote your outdated, no longer edgy features than with an old, outdated and no longer edgy band?

The perfect promotion, once you see it like that.

See I'm confused. What features? lol

I really don't use my phone for anything other than surfing Safari, FB and photos. My camera that i had broke and this phone takes excellent pictures and I love some of the photo editing programs. I have like 10 apps for photos. It's an addiction! I was never big on using my phone for anything more than what it's main purpose it. I do like that I can get online with it and it's fast. My previous android phone was slow and didn't work half of the time. It was a smart phone but nothing like a Galaxy. I find those too big personally.

I do like that my phone and computer are synched together because I can access my notes, bookmarks and calendar on my phone. I do enjoy that.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I really don't use my phone for anything other than surfing Safari

LOVE me some Beach Boys...

edit on 12/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Sounds to me like a 1st World problem...

HEHEHE

link   
a reply to: blupblup

Who doesnt like the Beach Boys!!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I second that....
and U2 maybe hasn't been that good since the 90's but they are still better than 90% or crap that has been put out....it could have just as easily been Little Wayne or Insane Clown Posse.
edit on 9121414 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

link   

HAHA! I watched that a few times because it just kept cracking me up!!!

link   

originally posted by: Eliyahu
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I second that....U2 maybe hasn't been that good since the 90's but they are still better than 90% or crap that has been put out....it could have just as easily been Little Wayne or Insane Clown Posse.

If they put Lil Wayne on my phone I'm flushing it! lol

link   

Who doesnt like the Beach Boys!!

This guy...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

HAHA! I watched that a few times because it just kept cracking me up!!!

That clip actually won the internet several years ago... true story.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry but I think this is hilarious. You complain about free music, no U2 fan here, on your i-devices but don't complain about the spy-ware, tracking-ware, etc that are regularly fed to them without your comsent.

Read the terms and conditions.

This is funny.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Yeah it is. But if he loves his phone, he should accept Bono...consider it a gift from musical heavens

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
in 1990, U2 was awesome. The Joshua Tree was an outstanding album.

Everything before and since....craptacular.

I use an IPod, but haven't used it in a long while since finally getting Pandora to play music i like. My son has a new iphone, the other son has a 4s. They seem to like them just fine. I prefer my android devices, and currently use an LG Volt that I am more than happy with.

My wife, she doesn't know one way or the other. She uses an S3, and complains about it. But when i offered her a 4s (the one my youngst upgraded from) she declined. LOL....should have just offered her cake.

Mblah, i get what your saying. Having to hear bad music is like having to take a swig out of a bottle of wine thats started to turn.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

See I'm confused. What features? lol

new resolution is on par with other, older phones
NFC - old feature
paying with your phone (NFC usage) - old hat
8 megapixel camera - many cameras out there with better
battery - it's still crappy but less crappy so rejoice
icloud drive - cloud storage app. until now, did iphone users have things in the cloud that they couldn't access on their phone?
interactive notification

the apple watch is totally innovative and new as well. how cool is it that there's a watch that you can wear that has some features that are on your phone and can also connect to your phone? why hadn't anyone like samsung, lg, etc thought of this? oh, yeah, they did.

everything apple does, they treat it like it is their brainchild, regardless of reality because the folks using their products are so deeply entrenched in their ecosystem that they don't know that others have done it before.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
in 1990, U2 was awesome. The Joshua Tree was an outstanding album.

Everything before and since....craptacular..

Joshua Tree was their last good album, but the albums prior were also good.
boy had a few good songs, October was good, War was outstanding, The Unforgettable Fire had a few good songs but their popularity got the better of them, Bono started prancing about like a total db and as his ego grew, their music got worse.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

My neighbor was telling me the other day a few years ago his son was waiting in line for one of Apple's iconic cult items. After 2 days of standing in line he was offered $10,000 for his spot in line(6th position), he took the money and bought a car. Now whenever they are selling something he goes and waits in line, if he has to buy the product no biggie, it's something he wants anyway. But while in line he actively tries to sell his position now using social media. Don't know how lucky he has been so far.
This story disturbed me on so many levels I don't know where to begin!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I think I saw that on IFC.

The Man Who Went out for an Apple and Came Home With a Lemon.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Exactly why is this a big deal ?

1. Fans of the band get something for free
2. Non-fans of the band dont have to download it.

Isn't that a win-win?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Was that story really on the news or tv some where?
It wouldn't surprise me.

I wondered about this one. . . I just met him the other day at my daughters bus stop.
I don't remember how we got on the subject, but if I find out he sold me an internet story I'll have to do something to get back at him for it, jokingly of course!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join