It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2 invades all Apple products with their new album without your consent!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I had no idea this even happened until a friend told me. I absolutely can't stand U2 first of all and second of all how can they even do this?

It is on both my iMac and iPhone. They put it on ALL iPhones and Apple products in the music section. How is that even legal? Isn't that invading my personal property without my permission? I have no idea how this kind of stuff works but I didnt give them permission to put their crappy new album on either of my devices. I don't even like them in the least bit.

Apple has automatically gifted the latest album from the group U2 for free to all iTunes users. But some gifts aren't always welcome.

To cap off Apple's iPhone and Watch launch event on Tuesday, CEO Tim Cook took to the stage with U2 lead singer Bono and the band as it played its latest album "Songs of Innocence." As a "treat" to Apple users, Cook said that the album would be available free for all iTunes users.

People usually like free things, but not necessarily when they're forced on them unexpectedly, especially with no easy return policy. A slew of Apple users are complaining that the album is automatically appearing in iTunes and on their iOS devices whether they want it there or not. And there's no truly quick and simple way to remove it.

Yea I can't figure out how to get it off either device! I dont download any music. I use Spotify for my music so I dont have to download anything.

A lot of people aren't too happy with this.

Thoughts ATS?

Mods didnt' know where to put this so sorry if it's the wrong forum. I just find this very messed up and Bono has an ego just as big as Kayne West.

Apples Free U2 Album
People Are Freaking Out....

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yup, I spent half an hour trying to figure out how it got there and I'll be waisting more time trying to figure out how to get it off. Maybe I can file for time lost.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I despise Apple products, the store at the mall is like a modern church and they treat everyone. . . well. . . weird!
My HTC One M8 - love it, can change it and do whatever I want to it.
edit on 9/12/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

that your problem ?

I seriously recommend you re-read your apple TOS and EULAs carefully

because having an album pushed at you is the least of your concerns

hint - you can delete it

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Apple getting desperate for sales .. gimmick to get idiots to part with their money for an inferior product ..

Nice thing about android unwanted content easily removed .. runs better does more than apple and youre not forced to buy content at extortionate prices ..

Is there any shops that jailbreak there ? thats only way you might be able to get rid of the unwanted content ..

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Not sure if you play PS3 but about 2 years ago with one of the updates they added Singstar in everyones downloaded games section, I dont even like those types of games but have to have it on my console with my other downloaded games.

I did not ask for it and don't want it, there is no way to uninstall it either, I can uninstall my other games I have downloaded but not this Singstar game.

Guess they are trying to force it onto people so they buy more tracks for it.

I could understand if they do it to people who use the service for free but I pay to be a PlayStation Plus member and should not have to put up with this advertising.
edit on 12-9-2014 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Heh, the only apple product I use is an iPod classic that I got for free through a company rewards program many years ago. It doesn't have an internet connection and I only let it synchronize when -I- want it to. I don't use iTunes anymore either since foobar2000 is FAR superior to iTunes and you can download a plugin that lets you update your iPod from foobar as well. No crappy U2 (redundant?) music on my electronic devices.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I absolutely can't stand U2 first of all and second of all how can they even do this?

I thought I was the only one who could not stand them.

I am not a big fan of their music and Mono's sanctimonious behavior only makes me like them less. I would be pretty pissed too if I had to take time to delete them from my phone.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
I seriously recommend you re-read your apple TOS and EULAs carefully
because having an album pushed at you is the least of your concerns

Exactly. Like being turned into the HumancentiPad.

Hope you like cuttlefish mblah.

edit on 12-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i must've opted out for their special offers because none of my idevices or itunes are showing that trash, thank god !!

i'd be more worried about the growing database of fingerprints and the endless TOS contract that we could be signing for the devil, for all we know. those documents are purposely made to discourage anyone from reading them

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Wow, had no idea until I saw your thread, but yeah, there it is on my iphone... I don't like them either. I did go through a small period in the early '80s that I thought they were innovative, but that was a long time ago.

edit on 9/12/2014 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's not actually been downloaded to your device, it's just on the cloud. It will disappear on it's own in a bit if you don't download it.

I'm no big U2 fan either, but this is really no big deal.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's on the cloud, so you can play it, but on my devices, it's not downloaded onto them. So I can play them as part of my list, if I so choose, however, it's a manual download.

I was excited for the album...but it's not yet grown on me, if you catch my drift.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It appears as available to download. You don't have to download the files. I don't buy any music off of iTunes. I prefer to rip the music myself in a lossless format.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I had no idea this even happened until a friend told me. I absolutely can't stand U2 first of all and second of all how can they even do this?

It is on both my iMac and iPhone. They put it on ALL iPhones and Apple products in the music section. How is that even legal? Isn't that invading my personal property without my permission? I have no idea how this kind of stuff works but I didnt give them permission to put their crappy new album on either of my devices. I don't even like them in the least bit.

oh ok, I now i read further and it is on the cloud like amazon does. Free cloud music is bad? How 'bout "wheezer"? i found that on my Windows 95 OS in the music folder and i didnt think it was that big a deal either.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sounds to me like a 1st World problem...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Sounds to me like a 1st World problem...

Indeed and I would not trade it for a 3rd world problem, no way.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Here I thought I reached an all new low of drunkeness.... Downloading U2....

Phwew, I got some of my manhood back, and that 25 year old glenmorangie I poured out is never coming back

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Haa!

I got lucky!

Since apple screwed up big a few years back.
After they dropped Google maps, erased half the music I downloaded etc etc..
I quit Updating all together.

As a result..
They can't push any unwanted items onto my devices..

edit on 12-9-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Edit: I bet no one with a Zune has this issue!

edit on 12-9-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

wait until Bono comes into your bedroom through your phone.

Really it's a free download.

You don't have to download it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join