It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

putting religions together to understand better

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So I believe we are part of a higher power that is our universe and others. I also believe older civilizations could tap into the higher power for knowledge. I believe religions and mystics are signs of this "tapping" into our higher power. All main stream religions have 1 thing in common and that is sin. So I thought about sin for a minute... To me sin can be as small not holding the door open for someone so basically we all sin every moment we breathe. If you understand that only then you can understand why all sins can be forgiven because we live in sin every moment. Once I understand that I then understood how meditation came about and can help understand how to tap into that higher power yourself.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

I don't see the connections.

All sins can be forgiven because we live in sin every moment? What?

How did meditation come about? How does it help to understand how to tap into that higher power? What is the higher power? What is "tapping"?
edit on 9/12/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

I don't see the connections.

All sins can be forgiven because we live in sin every moment? What?

How did meditation come about? How does it help to understand how to tap into that higher power? What is the higher power? What is "tapping"?

It means we, (man kind) do always live with temptation, and we cave in to that often and then sin, and because we are so fallible, and will sin again, we can still be forgiven, but there are steps to take and things to do for God because of our new life we have chosen. I have been pretty bad at doing my part sometimes, and I was summoned right to the lords presence and I was pleading for him to let me do better, so I said that in a few fancy words and it made him laugh, like a person laughs at a child who starts using bigger words and sometimes surprises you with them.
We keep messing up in sin, and if you try to make it good, he is definitely watching and smiling too.

It is a very long and hard walk, and I don't always know how to accomplish things, and that is why it is so amazing because we are being given a chance to act out and perform things like helping people, guiding others, and not being afraid of persecution for doing it. We put our lives up on the cross in the same expression as Christ, and are often looked down on for it. But he is watching and glad we are aspiring to be more like him in our ways. He lets us do it the hard way so we understand that it never comes cheap or easy. Kind of like freedom.
Imagine being looked down on for being nice to people. (Actually I think it is for telling people they are only worshiping idols and they have latched on hard to keep those Idols). People sure don't like being told that their beliefs are in idols and that they are eventually going to crash hard unless they unhook from Satan's fishing line, but they first have to choose to do it on their own.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

because we are so fallible, and will sin again, we can still be forgiven

How are you making that connection?

How does being so fallible generate, or induce, forgiveness? If sin creates forgiveness, then shouldn't all be forgiven, no matter what? Is that the case? Were we made in the image in order to be forgiven in the spirit - so that our sinful nature could be washed away, or die, in the image? Was sin and its subsequent forgiveness planned?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Only Christ can forgive sins. Believe in Him, and yours sins will be forgiven. Then you are free to forgive others for their trespasses against you, but first you must be made clean hy the blood of the Lamb of God.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
To be sinners we have to recognize the sin, then we can ask for forgiveness. Through meditation, prayer, confession, whatever you prefer or feel comfortable.
Sin is a part of us, because we were created like God, able to do good and bad. Is for us to redirect that energy for a good purpose.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Keep "tapping".. The 'deeper' You delve the more You realize that any One religion™ cannot encompass ALL that You 'are'... They are all "different" that makes them the 'same' .. Remove what is the 'same' in ALL of them and TheTruth will be revealed...

Eliminate the "middle man" and get the 'word' straight from The Source of ALL there is.. ONLY You can do it. Anything that You read is not "it". Anything someOne tells You it is not "it" .. The Tao that can be told is NOT the 'eternal' Tao..

Remove the "dogma" as Jesus said "You are The Church" This will also release You of the common threats shouted to little kids "JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS, SINNER!!" Yeah, hard to fathom on what kind of 'sin' a 5 y.o. could commit yet doesn't stop them does it?

Next time someone says "the only way to heaven is through Jesus" ask them about ALL the Souls that came before Jesus, where are they? A "Heaven" without The Great Buddha? Muhammed?

I had some representatives from another religion™ come and knock on My door recently. They handed Me a brochure that was made w/that cheap comic book paper and crappy ink. They were smartly dressed and the 'male' was holding a baby, back behind the 2 females. They explained that "God" only had room for 144,000 different groups that could sit next to "Him". I replied "I thought it was only 144,000 folks"? To which the younger Lady said "That was before it was changed"
I asked "What was changed?" This is when the older Lady interrupted and said "Have You read The Bible™? and I asked "Which One? the One that was changed?" I was told that TheBible wasn't 'changed' just the interpretation changed.

I asked if the interpretation changed because this particular religion™ had grown to over 144,000 members? They would have to 'change it' to handle the more numbers who buy the whole "religion™ bag"

I finally got them to leave when I asked if "they" knew the 'Story of Lilith'? That is if Adam(u) had a first wife then when The rule book begins "In the beginning was Adam and Eve.. That obviously isn't the 'beginning, beginning'

You are 'The Creator' working Your way back to The One Infinite Creator and You don't NEED a "rule book" Just look "inside" A majority is based on "intentions" and be mindful of Rule #2) What someOne thinks about You is none of Your business. They are NOT judging You, even though "they" like to play the part of St. Pete, they are stuck on the "dogma"...

Remember that catchy tune "Who Let the Dogma Out.. who.. who...who..."?

namaste

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Um... No not all mainstream religions believe in sin. Hindus and Buddhists don't believe in sin. I think you meant to say that all Abrahamic religions believe in sin. Unfortunately for you, that isn't all mainstream religions.

new topics

top topics

join