It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASIO seriously considering raising Australia's terror threat level to high

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
oh well.... just read this article and another one about a raid at Mosque... seems like ISIS is posing a real threat:

The head of Australia's domestic spy agency, David Irvine, says the country's official terror threat level could be upgraded in the next few days.

ASIO's director-general told the ABC's 7.30 that the threat had been building in Australia over the past year and he had an "elevated level of concern".

The threat has been at medium since 2003, which means an attack is possible and could occur.

Australia's terror threat levels

Low: terrorist attack is not expected
Medium: terrorist attack could occur
High: terrorist attack is likely
Extreme: terror attack is imminent or has occurred

Source: ASIO
If it is raised to high, it means an attack is likely.

news story

related info here:
Islamic centre raided: Police search Logan centre linked to Syria conflict, two men arrested

Guess we will all have to wait and see?
edit on CDT02000000Wed, 10 Sep 2014 02:23:03 -05002303am252 by Thurisaz because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

The sad thing is these clowns are turning the general population against Muslims in general for example there were protests at Coollangatta today against a proposed mosque,Muslim women are being accosted on buses and other unAustralian behaviour is starting; Muslims might be the new Jews for the right wing rednecks out there,its getting nastier as time goes on,the moderates have to start condemning the radicals or they will be marginalized along with them.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
in the first news link... it has a video of a resident who claims the Govt is paranoid.

When I read the article... I thought it was strange that the name of the guy arrested is Abu Asma al Australi,

Australi??????

omg ... is that a legitimate name? Maybe the propaganda writers couldn't come up with anything more creative?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Islamophobia is picking up speed. It's kind of like stereotyping all Christians to have extreme views because of the Westboro Baptist Church. These extreme Islamic movements will start to lose momentum when there are actual Islamic leaders who participate in the condemnation of the extremism; as is happening now. Couple that with ACTUAL humanitarian missions rather than airstrikes into these hotspot areas and you can start the work to reverse the trend.

on the topic of the OP:

Rather than raise the threat level to induce fear, just work to make it common sense for the citizens to remain vigilant on behalf of themselves, and not on the behalf of the government. In other words, look out for the safety of yourselves and your neighbors, not for the safety and continuity of government.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
well i know how Australians will receive that news

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

yep i concur

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

yes, well of course they would, they must have an excuse to start rolling out in Australia what has been rolled out in the US since 911. Its our turn now.

We all know that the best way to stop terrorists from coming here or from coming back to here is to only ever give these citizenship demanders conditional citizenship but that would prevent them from raising the terror level and getting and keeping everybody suitably afraid.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

I agree! Hope others see through the NLBS...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic

yes, well of course they would, they must have an excuse to start rolling out in Australia what has been rolled out in the US since 911. Its our turn now.

We all know that the best way to stop terrorists from coming here or from coming back to here is to only ever give these citizenship demanders conditional citizenship but that would prevent them from raising the terror level and getting and keeping everybody suitably afraid.

Canada seems likely next on the alert due to the recruiting going on there. Maybe it needs to be ushered in for their(namely Kissinger but other elites as well) talked of plan of the global order.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
TBTB are preparing us for an attack within the next couple days IMO....the signs are obvious....13th anniversary anybody?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Well they aren't good spies if this was actually approved a couple of years back.

AUSTRALIA'S spies are demanding legal immunity to train undercover with terrorist groups such as al-Qaida.

The federal Attorney-General's Department wants to authorise Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) agents and their informants to provide training to, or be trained by, terrorists in covert missions.

Australian spies risk being prosecuted for "associating covertly with targets" even if they are collecting intelligence.

Sound like a bunch of terrorists themselves.
edit on 10-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

yep... I don't believe any of it.

The name in the article....really speaks volumes. They must think the general public are so stupid.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
TBTB are preparing us for an attack within the next couple days IMO....the signs are obvious....13th anniversary anybody?

That seems to be the idea floating around many of our conspiracy minded ... minds. I hope not, I hope it is just plain old fear and warmongering without the false flag to go with it. The suck of the issue is that it is lose/lose for you and me. Either IS is real and does pose a threat as they grow and expand, or we are being played as usual.
edit on 9/10/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: spelling & grammar

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
a reply to: khnum
Rather than raise the threat level to induce fear, just work to make it common sense for the citizens to remain vigilant on behalf of themselves, and not on the behalf of the government. In other words, look out for the safety of yourselves and your neighbors, not for the safety and continuity of government.

Such common sense and logic cannot be tolerated in the globalized world, what are you thinking man! Looking out for ones self and their neighbours! Next thing you know, people will want their privacy and freedom too!

On a serious note, that solution works on so many levels.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz

When I read the article... I thought it was strange that the name of the guy arrested is Abu Asma al Australi,

Australi??????

It just means Abu Asma the Australian. I didnt see a pic of the guy, but to me it would suggest he is a convert to Islam, and ethnically... Strylin'. Its common for converts to make up some mid-estern name.

I think the "threat level" is bogus tho. Look over here! dont look at how were screwing up over here.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I think it's actually a nickname Abu Asma the Australian.

Just like another ISIS fighter was "the dutch." Their leader's name is al baghdadi I always wondered if it was a reference to baghdad rather than a full on real name.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
just read this:

Round-the-clock patrols of Sydney landmarks, transit hubs amid terror threat

I don't think the patrols are going to deter anything... just my gut feeling.

They did arrest some People yesterday who were planning a beheading public jihad.

Terror raids in Sydney and Brisbane cause widespread fear and anxiety

Authorities thwart 'beheading' plot in Australia's biggest ever counter-terrorism raids

oh and also just read AFP have taken over security of Parliament House due to information about possible attack.

edit on CDT01000000Fri, 19 Sep 2014 01:49:53 -05004953am261 by Thurisaz because: add links

top topics

join