It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada loses 11,000 jobs in August

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Mamma mia! Canada Had Lost Nearly 12,000+ Jobs! While Harpers Goes Russia Hunting
87,000 enter ranks of self-employed after 'shocking tumble' of private-sector job hits

Canada loses 11,000 jobs in August

Over all classes of workers, however, there was a decrease in both full-time and part-time work. Ontario and Alberta made up most of the losses, with all other provinces largely unchanged.

While economists and bank economists try to defend the report and government. People look for other options.

Other economists were also scratching their heads, especially after the data agency last month made headlines for initially reporting the wrong jobs number.

What was this say to everyone?
-Harper and the liberals are deflecting the main important issues by going to war and sending War ships to the Black Seas in a Russia hunting.
-The Mainstream News outlets have failed to criticize the apparent recovery.
-There is no Euporean Economic Recovery.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I warned people about WW3 taking off in full swing. I also warned that China and Russia would band together to defeat the US dollar. I warned that an Islam uprising would occure, And that the Middle east will be the major battle feild where this conflict will occure.

Now Canada is finally being drawn into this conflict. For everyone just trying to live on Earth.
It's a hard enough life.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

There was a book written in the 80s (I think) that was written by a former NATO general. Many of the criteria you mentioned was there... I think the book predicted that ww3 would be in the 90s though. The book (Titled World War 3, I think) was written prior to the end of the Cold War.

Not sure it mentioned China and Russia joining to topple the dollar though....

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
They said that 2013 was going to be the year that water became more valuable than gold. On another timeline it was predicted that Russia would go to war with China over a bridge.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

A WW3 wont happen as it already did and that was the cold war. But one thing is certain the American dollar will collapse an endless middle east war agaisnt an enemy that they created agaisnt Assad and Syria.

Will not bring them fortune.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I wouldn't say we are being drawn into it..we have a leader who thinks he is a mover and shaker and is trying to take us out of the traditional role as peacekeeprs and into the role of sh#tdisturber. Harper and the Cons are THE worst thing to ever happen to our country.
Makes me want to do a marathon of sorts..I would like go cross country and deliver a slap to each and every Conservative voter, I'll start with a few members of my family

edit on 10-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Don't look at the United States . We sure didn't take them.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Lol because liberals have done such a great job for the country, eh?

muahahahaha

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: vonclod

Lol because liberals have done such a great job for the country, eh?

muahahahaha

We could say both are to blame for whats occurring and the education system is a mess.

Colleges to Student:We Wont Find a Job for You You Have to Search for One on Your Own.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Why should the college find a job for the graduate? Is that the college's responsibility?

A person who attends college is, in effect, an adult. That person makes their choice of majors, chooses classes in order to satisfy the needs of the major and then fulfills the needs of the classes in order to graduate.

A college or university has the responsibility to provide an education. No one will make that person attend classes. No one will make that person choose an appropriate major. It is all personal choice and responsibility.

Why, again, would it be the college's responsibility to find the graduate a job?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

That both are to blame, 100% agreed.

When I read the constitution, one thing that I note is there is no provision for the fed to get involved in education. When I look at the problems in education, I see federal control/mandates as the problem.

The more that the federal govt has gotten involved the more screwed up things have been. When you have one entity responsible for anything, you will only get one result. If you have 50 entities responsible, you will have 50 results of varying success.

When that one entity is our bloated, stinking, corrupt, bureaucratic, politicized federal govt... FAIL for the kids.

Name one, just one, freaking federal anything that could actually be measured as a success and not a clusterfrack of some kind whether budgetary or full bloat fubar.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Why should the college find a job for the graduate? Is that the college's responsibility?

Actually, they make it part of the process. Having graduates get good jobs is a huge selling point for any post secondary school. Mind you, I only spent 25 years in the business, so what do I know?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I know it is part of the process, but it is not part of the "deal". Therefore the expectation of college finding them a job is ... seems to be just another form of the sense of entitlement that people feel these days.

I am entitled to something, I do not have to work for it. It is someone else's responsibility to see to it that I get it.

BTW: I love the lumberjack song! Love Monty! Long time fan here....

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I know it is part of the process, but it is not part of the "deal". Therefore the expectation of college finding them a job is ... seems to be just another form of the sense of entitlement that people feel these days.

I am entitled to something, I do not have to work for it. It is someone else's responsibility to see to it that I get it.

BTW: I love the lumberjack song! Love Monty! Long time fan here....
I agree that there are no guarantees...what do they say? The most important question that a philosophy major is likely to encounter is" Will you have fries with that?"

All I'm saying is that it is important to any respectable institution to do their utmost to ensure that their graduates achieve employment in their fields. It is a covenant with their students, rather than a self-declared entitlement. It is up to the student to do the best they can, and to make wise and strategic choices as to their education.

But the simple fact is that globalism has killed good jobs to the benefit of Wall Street.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I would agree. Globalism and our leaders, and their lack of leadership. The ambience in the US as far as business environments goes, is not conducive to keeping manufacturing that has to compete overseas. Which is why the manufacturing we have is more like assembly. Assembling parts manufactured overseas.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

A person who attends college is, in effect, an adult. That person makes their choice of majors, chooses classes in order to satisfy the needs of the major and then fulfills the needs of the classes in order to graduate.

A college or university has the responsibility to provide an education. No one will make that person attend classes. No one will make that person choose an appropriate major. It is all personal choice and responsibility.

Why, again, would it be the college's responsibility to find the graduate a job?

College and Uni is a failure. Both are no longer owned by the original owners who are actually teaching the students. Both system has been infiltrated and destroyed. Both has became a money making machine rather than actually teaching the students as it goes on. The whole point of teaching was to preserve knowledge and expand, not divide into multiple courses and expect students to pass every courses. You have to think 1900's where inventors hire assistants and students.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap
Post secondary education may not be for everybody, but based upon 25 years working for a university, all I can say is - you're wrong.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: makemap
Post secondary education may not be for everybody, but based upon 25 years working for a university, all I can say is - you're wrong.

Well see who is wrong. Why do you think Corporations are taking over? We didn't have these requirements in the past and it worked very dam well(until countries went to war against each other) for people looking for jobs in the past. Want to work here? Show paperz! Actually now digital paperz of education.

edit on 20-9-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

top topics

join