It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone on ATS know of a cure for Type 1 (NOT Type 2) diabetes?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Quite often type 1 is also connected to celiac disease ( my kid has both ) celiac in other hand when they have investigated the bacterial flora in celiac patients they have found out that they have absence of some healthy bacteria in their guts. My kid is very insulin sensitive, he eats well is in right height and weight as expected but his insulin take is over half less than other type 1 diabetics in same age/height and weight, it always surprises the doctors and they look twice if what they see is true. He has been in glutein free diet 8 years now ( He was diagnosed at age 3 with type 1 and celiac at the same time ) and it seems that he first got celiac and after that type 1 diabetes.

I believe the diet he has is a good one ( less inflammation and less insulin needed ), no glutein and foods which balance bacteria in his system ( includes bananas, broccoli, cauliflower, orange juice, blueberries and everything with flavonoids ), we don´t avoid carbs but he only eats few sweets after meals ( no candy days.. but a little candy every day )

edit on 21-5-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee
a reply to: jinni73

Bisphenol-A (plastic ingredient that 9/10 of Americans are infected with) also alters your hormones. In men, it creates an abundance of "plant estrogen". The molecule fits into estrogen receptors, and if a man gets enough of it-they can grow to be much more feminine (higher-pitched voice, and more feminine in general). Plastic is used way too much today. I guess it's the "cost" of saving on shipping, etc. There are some people out there that say that there are certain plant ingredients which can block estrogen. Sulphophene (spelling?) out of broccoli is one of them.

Edit: BPA also promotes diabetes, in some clinical studies.

sodium lauryl sulphate, BPA, Mercury, Atrazine a pesticide they spray on a huge amount of crops are all chemicals that mimic oestrogen and dairy and soy are oestrogen,
tptb are throwing a massive amount in trying to keep the population sterile which moves off into the halogen world with bromine which is in swimming pool water plastic and quite a lot of other things makes you infertile, impotent, and decreases your libido,
the peach has so many different pesticides sprayed onto it has 24 hormone disruptors and 8 cancer causing chemicals it is the cheapest fruit.

This is why so many of us are ill and until people learn that they have to grow there own food and get all the heavy metals and chemicals out of them they are not going to be able to cure themselves.
edit on 25-5-2015 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Throw in the grain though, and watch everything go haywire! I made the mistake of having some grain today. I have found that it is more than a gluten intolerance (for me). All it takes is a little bit of grain, and insulin resistance goes off the charts! It's tempting at times, but then I have to remember how I feel AFTER I have it!

By now, they should have better things to treat diabetes. I think there are going to be things that reduce the need for their fake insulin in the future, but I don't ever think they will allow a total cure. It's far to profitable. They make $.3 trillion a year in profits alone off of diabetes of both types in the USA alone. I just wish that it was an easier thing to get rid of.

I really want to try that Marshall Protocol. I think I will be calling them in the next few weeks. They say they haven't tried any of their treatments on type 1's yet, but I am going to see if they will give me a chance at it. If they want me to travel, I won't be able to-so then I will see if my doctor will work with me on it. I am hoping that works out for the best. I will keep this thread updated if I am allowed to give it a shot (as long as there is no non-disclosure agreement or something like that).

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I know I've mentioned the TH1/TH2 response in the immune system. One other thing I haven't mentioned yet is that diabetes type 1 can be caused by mutated genes. I suppose that some mutations may be "natural", but there is a lot of transgenic properties to vaccines. Specifically, I am talking about things like foreign dna from other mammals. It's been well documented.

There is something that I believe about vaccines and the human genes. I do not believe that a human's genes are fully developed when they are born. That is to say, the basic blueprint is there when you are born-but chromosomes have features which are still developing-until the human becomes a mature adult. I am not going to preach the anti-vaccine thing here in this post, but if what I said is true-then adding transgenic material to your body by injection surpasses the intestines-which is where the immune-system is based. It very well could cause the disease in those that are genetically susceptible.

Are mutated genes are the cause of type 1 diabetes? The most interesting research in regards to what I've said has to do with the picture that is my avatar. That doctor injected a gene into the muscle tissue of type 1 dogs, and they became no longer diabetic (the dogs muscle tissue turned partially into bio-compatible pancreatic cells).

Whether the corruption in genes is "natural" or "induced' by vaccines, I have a theory that I think that type 1 is caused by a lack of enough of a gene expression, or an excess of another gene or genes being expressed. There have been a lot of mouse studies related to the transgenic relation of the cause of IDDM, with human type genes implanted to mimic the cause in humans. They have also created mice with weaker or stronger expressions of genes, to study how diabetes is caused in humans.

Instead of modifying plant genes of food that people eat, companies like Monsanto should to the world a favor! They have the money and the lawyers to back them to start doing medical studies on correcting a corrupted human genome. They could afford to pay the FDA for the medical trials, and fast-track cures to the diseases. Even if the FDA wanted to delay their trials, I think they have the power to prove and eventually create a trangenic cure for the disease. With all the flack and controversy that Monsanto gets regarding GMO food products , that is one way that Monsanto could make a true difference for the people of the world! They could also soak up all the profits of the diabetes industry, and their company would grow larger. Regardless of what anyone thinks about the company, if they did something like this, then it would greatly improve their image. I am actually going to contact the company and notify them of this post, because I believe that is one way they will be able to figure out how to improve the world.

Here are some links to mouse studies about the transgenic cause of diabetes in mice, and diabetes being created by mice being gene-altered to create type 1 diabetes...and how diabetes can be prevented in these transgenic mice by injecting genes that are deficient, or other ways by reducing over-active genes that can cause the disease.

diabetes.diabetesjournals.org...

books.google.com... c_ZA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=EtBiVaKsH4ulNpWxgTA&ved=0CGAQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=transgenic%20cause%20diabetes&f=false

Monsanto being one of the richest companies in the world should get rid of diabetes forever. They would go down in history as one of the best companies to improve the lives of hundreds of millions. They could even make it affordable, and the people that are disabled by diabetes would even have a chance to go back to work, become eligible for military service, paramedics, LOTS of jobs that diabetics aren't allowed to do-because of the limits of their health conditions.

I hope they listen to me. They have a chance...and I'm sure they could even get help from NASA and DARPA, who have already done independent research on curing diabetes. The measly $.3 trillion that diabetes of both types generates in America would probably turn into the healed people being able to generate at least a trillion dollars or MORE for the GDP of the USA...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Your post makes lot of sense, you are probably right with regards to genes switching on or off, in the infant depending on the environmental conditions the infant is exposed to The ingestion of a foreign protein early on, causing a response with regards to which genes are activated would make sense as well . It would also make sense that if, exposure to a foreign protein, was not understood by the body, and made no sense, that an immediate and random inflammatory response would then ensue. Random meaning the inflammation has only a limited number of organs to react against insofar, as their are limited biological systems in the human body.

I'm of the mind that the foreign protein causing this, would be found primarily in Dairy, as infant formula contains, enough Bovine proteins, designed for the growth of Cows, and not human infants . This way of feeding an infant , would in normal circumstances only be used as an emergency stopgap, instead of a standard . As children are now being born with arthritis, they must also be picking up this, in the woumb, so the mother would probably be contributing to this, as her diet would be shared by the infant.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Not always. As you might know there are most type 1 diabetics in Finland a world leading in the ranks. Diabetes type 1 skyrocketed last 25 years

In the population of Finland in the last 25 years, levels of type 1 insulin dependent diabetes have more than doubled among children, and seems set to increase further. The cause is attributed to a combination of genetics and lifestyle factors, according to an Article released on May 23, 2008 in a Diabetes Special Issue of The Lancet.

Medical News
So we need to ask why it happened and why Finns seem to get it much easier than others. What has happened in last 25 years. Vitamin D is added to everywhere, Finns have always used a lot dairy products ( World leaders in Milk consumption ) and Finland has been adding vitamin D also last 25 years in dairy products ( mainly milk and yoghurt ). There is not enough daylight and vitamin D from the sun is just few months available here. Is vitamin D linked to Type 1 diabetes instead of helping, is our genes ( yes unique population history and genetics ) mutated so that we don´t really need that much vitamin D.
Cleanliness in today´s society.. Everything is so tidy so kids when they grow up do not really get all those bacteria they could develop immunization.
There are many reasons, but OP is right in one thing. All types of diabetes are due genetic mutations how big role they play varies by person. And there are not just two types of diabetes there are many subtypes ( and subtypes to subtypes ) Genetic mutations ( one parent type 1 ) is also due hyperinsulism in newborns which is different mutation that causes type 1 in the parent.

Well i am not fancy about dairy products, i use cheese but seldom milk and dislike yoghurt, still my kid got type 1. Hubby has celiac and his aunt has type 1 diabetes. My side of family there are no diabetics known.

What i see genetics play larger role, example as type 1 and celiac disease share some genes and 70% of people who have actually celiac are not diagnosed only 30% is. So there are lot of celiacs who don´t even realize that they are ill maybe because their symptoms are not that aggressive and there has to be a trigger which turn disease on.

In here every diabetic ( type 1 ) is asked to take part of diabetes study ( genes ) my kids doctor is also doing diabetes research.
Stem cells research do get a lot money these days.. only time will tell.

edit on 25-5-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Not always. As you might know there are most type 1 diabetics in Finland a world leading in the ranks. Diabetes type 1 skyrocketed last 25 years

In the population of Finland in the last 25 years, levels of type 1 insulin dependent diabetes have more than doubled among children, and seems set to increase further. The cause is attributed to a combination of genetics and lifestyle factors, according to an Article released on May 23, 2008 in a Diabetes Special Issue of The Lancet.

Medical News
So we need to ask why it happened and why Finns seem to get it much easier than others. What has happened in last 25 years. Vitamin D is added to everywhere, Finns have always used a lot dairy products ( World leaders in Milk consumption ) and Finland has been adding vitamin D also last 25 years in dairy products ( mainly milk and yoghurt ). There is not enough daylight and vitamin D from the sun is just few months available here. Is vitamin D linked to Type 1 diabetes instead of helping, is our genes ( yes unique population history and genetics ) mutated so that we don´t really need that much vitamin D.
Cleanliness in today´s society.. Everything is so tidy so kids when they grow up do not really get all those bacteria they could develop immunization.
There are many reasons, but OP is right in one thing. All types of diabetes are due genetic mutations how big role they play varies by person. And there are not just two types of diabetes there are many subtypes ( and subtypes to subtypes ) Genetic mutations ( one parent type 1 ) is also due hyperinsulism in newborns which is different mutation that causes type 1 in the parent.

Well i am not fancy about dairy products, i use cheese but seldom milk and dislike yoghurt, still my kid got type 1. Hubby has celiac and his aunt has type 1 diabetes. My side of family there are no diabetics known.

What i see genetics play larger role, example as type 1 and celiac disease share some genes and 70% of people who have actually celiac are not diagnosed only 30% is. So there are lot of celiacs who don´t even realize that they are ill maybe because their symptoms are not that aggressive and there has to be a trigger which turn disease on.

In here every diabetic ( type 1 ) is asked to take part of diabetes study ( genes ) my kids doctor is also doing diabetes research.
Stem cells research do get a lot money these days.. only time will tell.

You make a great point, and you ask what has happened in the last twenty five years, which could be the main clue as to why this effect is happening in Finland . What essentially has happened in the last twenty five years and otherwise in no other time, is that Cows are being milked during their pregnancies, and not dried off as they were throughout history . The effect is to increase the hormone content of the milk (oestrogen), by thirty per cent, as the cow needs these high levels to stimulate lactation .Their would be stress hormones , and high antibiotic levels in the milk fat, consumed by the purchaser as well. The Bovine IGF 1 growth hormone , is also present in high quantities , which is the same that humans produce whilst growing, and is definitely not needed, anywhere near these quantities, especially in human females past the age of fertility, as the hormones are stimulating her milk ducts, who's DNA is aging , Breast Cancer, and for that matter all the hormone related cancers which are on the rise, at the same rate as ingestion.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Intresting because it doesn´t explain Finland at all.

This is how it is done in Finland

Finnish Milk Producers

So quick translation regarding the text related:

The cow spawns a new calf every year. Cow's gestation lasts nine months. At the beginning of gestation cow still producing milk, and the calf grow it in the womb. Calving approaches the milk production will decrease and eventually dries up completely. Cow is said to be closed.

Approximately just over a month before calving begins the so-called "tunnutuskausi" which means feeding cow is increased and cow is trained for calving and the next "herutuskauteen" which means that there is this different kind of milk which is for calfs use

After calving begins the cow milk production. Calving is not affiliated with the seasons, but the cow could give rise to any time of year. During the few days following calving cow to milk colostrum. It is rich in protective agents to the newborn calf. Colostrum also called cheese milk ( EU actually forbid colostrum to be sold in markets..so no more oven cheese ( which was actually disgusting ), as it is made into cheese oven.

Calving during the next two months, cow milk production is growing. This time is called herumiseksi. Approximately three months after calving cow inseminated. Before the next calving dairy production again will be reduced and eventually disappears completely.

How do they do that elsewhere ?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Perhaps look into fasting (abstaining from food, while drinking good water). During a fast you will not require insulin, because you are not intaking calories. During the time of fasting, your body is able to allocate more of its physiological mechanisms to repair, and it could potentially repair the dysfunctional pancreas cells.

It is safe (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...)

and definitely worth a shot (www.fastingconnection.com...).

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Just WOW /sarcasm

From your link

During a fast we do not need insulin, as most of the body runs on Ketones, and the bit of sugar that is formed from fat, can be consumed by the heart and the brain, the two organs capable of ingesting blood sugar without the aid of insulin.

Without insulin fat doesn´t burn purely and leads to ketoacidosis, ketoacidosis can become in hours and lead to death. As a mother of type 1 diabetic who has insulin pump, when there has been a blockage in cannula and he feels extremely sick and we use ketone meter to see how much ketones he has in his system in case we need to take him to hospital, so remembering last bloodglucose which was OK ( at the night time ) and time of very high ketones ( in the morning ) has been only few hours.
Do you have type 1 ?
edit on 25-5-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

That's about the operational norm . The dairy herds have been selectively bred over the past thirty years to increase milk production, to do this the cows have to produce more Hormones . yield. That's why the Hormone levels have also increased since the start of selectivity. Natural herds have far less levels than intensively milked herds. www.motherjones.com... I know this thread is about Diabetes, but if it starts out that the increase in the rate of various illnesses, graphically can be seen to rise along with the increase of intensive dairy consumption . It would be wise to be cognisant of this factor. I think the case is clear that a rise in all hormone related dysfunctions, with regards to Prostate, Breast , and ovarian Cancers, also mirror the rise in Diabetes, which insulin being a hormone. This would be the tip of the iceberg, as mortality rates of heart disease and strokes, plus elevated blood pressure, seem to single Dairy out as a main contributing factor. It wouldn't be so obvious until after ceasing dairy consumption for a period of ten days, also requires patients to stop taking blood pressure medication as well.www.drmcdougall.com...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You're right. That's also why type 1's that don't use the insulin pump have to use basal or long-acting insulin (Levemir, Lantus, NPH). Miss that basal insulin shot, and wake up in the morning with a blood sugar of about 400. It's happened to me before. I even keep a notebook with dates and basal doses so I don't actually acidentially do 2 shots, or miss one. I have problems staying organized and remembering what I've done when life gets busy (road trips, activities like concerts, and others).

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Just WOW /sarcasm

From your link

During a fast we do not need insulin, as most of the body runs on Ketones, and the bit of sugar that is formed from fat, can be consumed by the heart and the brain, the two organs capable of ingesting blood sugar without the aid of insulin.

Without insulin fat doesn´t burn purely and leads to ketoacidosis, ketoacidosis can become in hours and lead to death. As a mother of type 1 diabetic who has insulin pump, when there has been a blockage in cannula and he feels extremely sick and we use ketone meter to see how much ketones he has in his system in case we need to take him to hospital, so remembering last bloodglucose which was OK ( at the night time ) and time of very high ketones ( in the morning ) has been only few hours.
Do you have type 1 ?

Look, I'm no doctor, but studies show that fasting is, at worst, tolerable for Type 1 Diabetics:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Don't quote me either, nor i'm not a phd, however upon viewing your thread went on a quick search and found this.

I've always liked baking soda, a friend of mine got rid of their cancer using it as it alkalizes the body.

There are many accounts like this one though. You may want to check some out.

4X-XwLNtLgE

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Could be one of the reasons to type 2 ( as your link mentioned later )

Dairy foods are high in calories, fat and cholesterol; contributing to the cause of heart disease, strokes, type-2 diabetes, and obesity.
still doesn´t make it as a reason for type 1 and in finnish case procedures milking cows has not changed .

This like the first link in your previous post doesn´t exclude using insulin. They say clearly that some insulin is needed ( that insulin is basal insulin ) the other link of yours which i quoted before with sarcasm ( which is selling a book "Eat Stop Eat" ) thefastdoctor says there that insulin is not needed, a friendly notice if someone ever tells you it is ok for type 1 diabetic not to take any insulin you are dealing with charlatan. When you look carefully clicking book link, there is no mentions of type 1 diabetes at all instead type 2 is mentioned and seems to be a guide to loose weight.

Have you considered insulin pump ? When we change cannula we mark it to his diabetes journal and are good to go for couple of days. Thing is that you cannot see under your skin if there is blockage in cannula but bloodglucose tells eventually that there is something wrong and always leads to change of cannula.
I hope for cure but i also hope for better method than invasive ones to treat type 1 diabetes.. Until then lets stick with pens, needles and cannula shooters.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

So you would maintain that a pancreas coated with fats mainly from Dairy would not inhibit the supply of insulin to the blood? Or that an inflamed pancreas in an infant due to a foreign protein that the immune system data bank couldn't handle, couldn't inflame the pancreas to the point of collapse? I would say their was a good chance.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

For your information, when treating type 1 diabetes we inject insulin in fat tissue not in the blood stream. Maybe it answers your question. And type 1 is usually diagnosed in childhood.
edit on 26-5-2015 by dollukka because: typo

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Have you considered insulin pump ? When we change cannula we mark it to his diabetes journal and are good to go for couple of days. Thing is that you cannot see under your skin if there is blockage in cannula but bloodglucose tells eventually that there is something wrong and always leads to change of cannula.
I hope for cure but i also hope for better method than invasive ones to treat type 1 diabetes.. Until then lets stick with pens, needles and cannula shooters.

I'm sure the insulin pumps have improved over the years. I used to use a Medtronic 722 (hackable) insulin pump. I don't think I lived in an area with hackers. It was quite a small town. The problem I had with that pump was that one time it "decided" to pump 25 units (max bolus) into me for no apparent reason. I had a BAD seizure and was life-flown to a hospital 120 miles away. The doctors told me "You're lucky you're not a vegetable, as bad as that seizure was".

I know the FDA is now requiring the manufacturers to secure their pump hardware a little better. I talked to the manufacturer above about a year and a half ago, and the agent I spoke with on the phone wasn't at all familiar with the "security issues" on the pumps. I told him to look up the video on youtube of pumps being hackable, and gave him time to watch it. I asked if their newest pump was secured yet. He placed me on hold to contact a supervisor, and told me that the latest model (I think it was 508) was not secured. The other problem with pumps that I have is that I am somewhat allergic to the teflon tubing that the cannula is made out of. I know that they have stainless steel infusion sets these days, but that still doesn't completely prevent an occlusion. I have had 2 pumps in my life, and got occlusions with both of them. I have had diabetes long enough, that I'm just not willing to take those risks. I would say that keeping ~6.0 A1C is about as good as I'm going to get, and still be able to avoid excess hypoglycemic events.

I have a form of type 1 diabetes that's extremely volatile and unpredictable. I also have insulin absorption variance. Sometimes, I can get by on very little insulin per 24 hour period. Other times, the insulin doesn't seem to work properly(specifically the short-acting insulin). The insulin is all fresh, and it should be working better than it does, but I just haven't quite nailed down what the cause of this is. I suspect that certain foods have wheat or other grains hidden in them, and almost any grain gives me insulin resistance that's off the charts. A (simple) example of that would be what 1 piece of bread does to me (20 carbs), and gluten obviously (whole wheat). The next day, it seems like the fast acting insulin doses that I need are 4x what I needed the previous day. I have almost decided to switch to a meat/veggies/fruit diet, and nothing else. Things are more predictable that way!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The vitamin D they use Is from animals and is not as good for us, borax seems to do a similar job but you would need to research it more.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

Look up these words: Marshall Protocol Autoimmune Research Foundation to see what they say about Vitamin D3 and diabetes. They say that vitamin D3 is converted to -1-25 D in diabetics, and can cause a host of medical reactions in diabetics. They even tell diabetics to us UV protective clothing to prevent absorbing vitamin D3 from the sun!

According to people like Dr. Mercola and 1000's of other natural medicine doctors, they say that "Vitamin D3 is "very important" to diabetics. While this "may" apply to type 2 diabetics, I am more ready to look at the research by the Marshall Protocol Autoimmune Research Foundation. They admit that they haven't tried their research on a type 1 diabetic...because there have been no volunteers as of yet...but I think they may be onto something with reducing the PATHOLOGY of the disease. They even admit that they figured out a way to get rid of type 2 diabetes completely! That's brave! I think what they're onto might be a way to reduce the need for insulin injections for diabetics in general. They also recommend for type 1's that TH1 inflammatory types of foods be reduced (garlic, and a host of others). It's kind of unfortunate, because I like garlic, but I'm willing to remove it if it reduces the pathology of type 1 diabetes!

There's tons of evidence that injected insulin is full of poisons like meta-cresol, glycerol, polysorbate 20, and others. The companies that make these products say that they need to add them as "preservatives", etc. If you can find a way to reduce the injected insulin, then you might reduce some of the symptoms caused by those other ingredients! Of course, the insulin manufacturers will want you to take as much as you can afford with their exorbitant prices, but reducing the amounts of these toxins can do nothing but help. Many of those ingredients promote diabetes! Have a look at the list of articles listed here for more info on what poisons they put in the "insulin" that we get to have these days:

www.greenmedinfo.com...
edit on 5/26/2015 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/26/2015 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join