It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog sounds as if he is talking to me:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Your dog is beautiful. Don't stop talking to him just because people stare. Everyone has their quirks. This is a good one. It's much easier and better for our animals that we try to understand them. Love those ears!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Tried it again and it worked. Sorry must hsve been at my end,

Cool dog. Sounded just like sausages and Gladys!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I believe that dogs/cats can communicate with us...

and us with them.

Cats/dogs are just 2, I believe humans can communicate with all animals.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Angel Marie

I have a bad habit of talking to my animals like they understand me.

Yes some animal experts say its a bad habit, however what bad comes of it?

I have the same bad habit and the memorable times of their reaction to things you say makes me like the bad habit I have and share with many other dog owners/lovers.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

According to animal behaviorists,wild dogs do not bark. They yip,yowl,growl etc. but do not bark. Barking is only in domesticated dogs due to them trying to mimic our speech. Interesting no? And some dogs do a very good job of mimicking.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

LOL so sweet... cat woke you up at 3am? Brilliant.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

And the puppy pic... cute, and again, nearly identical to mine.

Carolina Dogs/American Dingos... large ears with independent movement, wrinkles between ears, 30-45 lbs, shorter fur, lighter on the bottom, light patches on shoulders, dew claws on front (or back) only, curved tail, smart.

Most dogs, when mixed enough, revert back to this 'primitive' dog state... and they are healthier and happier for it.

We did an IQ test for our puppy after she had surprised us a few times... one was putting a treat under three or four cups and seeing if they remember which cup held the treat after increasing lengths of time. She aced everything.

Well, one day, months later, she got up and picked the cup that had held her testing treat off the counter and batted it to my feet and waited for me to "get it."

She was asking for a treat in an abstract way... so I gave it to her. Dogs aren't supposed to be abstract thinkers like that, but some are.

I had another dog that lied ... we saw her through the window in the forbidden, plush living room as we came home and when we entered she was feigning sleep on her bed in the laundry room. Dogs aren't supposed to do that, either.

Anyway... just got all gushy and wistful over your dog... scratch him for me.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Of course they communicate with us. My dogs certainly let me know when they need to go out. I've learned what each of their different sounding barks or grumbles mean. They have distinctly different sounds for being hungry, wanting attention, wanting out, or letting us know someone is outside or coming down the drive.

My bird is a bit more direct, as she's a talking Malucan Cockatoo, so she will actually say what she means in English a lot.

Her favorites:

Let me out! - She wants out of the cage
Feed the bird! - Just what it sounds like
Hey baby! - She wants some lovin'
Its pouring! - When it rains, she wants in from the back porch cage (she hates the rain)
Puppies! - She helps call the dogs when time to feed them at night They actually come to it, too...lol. I have to get this on video sometime.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join