It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fever, coughing, mouth blisters: Hundreds of Midwest kids hospitalized with mystery v

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Symptoms come on, said WQAD, like a common cold, but Enterovirus 68 — also known as HEV 68 — but progresses into more severe symptoms. One hospital in Quincy, Illinois, saw more than 70 children come in with symptoms of the virus over Labor Day weekend.

Doctors in Illinois are attempting to establish a connection between a respiratory ailment that has sickened hundred of school-age children in the state and a virus called Enterovirus 68 that has sent more than 300 children to the hospital in Missouri.

According to Reuters, hospitals in Illinois have placed age restrictions on visitors in an attempt to keep the highly infectious virus from passing from child to child.

In late August, hospitals in St. Louis and Kansas City reported a sharp increase in children with the kind of wheezing and coughing normally associated with asthma, high fevers, mouth blisters, skin rashes and body aches.

www.kmov.com...

I can't quite put my finger on it but for some reason, I don't feel we are getting the complete truth about this outbreak of illness in children.
My distrust of the msm is well founded in the way they play fast and loose with the truth.

edit on 6-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've been coughing since Christmas. Chest Xray showed up normal. Had some dental work done the other day now i have a big blister on my lip...and no, i havn't bit it.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yet another reason I want to homeschool my kids. My oldest already gets pneumonia every year so this has me super freaked out. There are reports of it being in Ohio as well.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds like hand foot mouth disease but without the skin rash.

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
And how many illegal immigrants have been "deported" to those states?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A "Virus" that only affects children? So much so that hospitals would age restrict visitors?! Strange... I imagine "Ehhh well, 17 is legal in some states, My bad, sorry sir, no mouth blisters for you!"

I wonder if they can concoct a vaccine from puberty? Puts a whole new spin on "Act your age!"!

Might as well be me who says it... Anybody else connecting Executive Orders pertaining to respiratory illness, and immigrants with "mystery respiratory illness" with this "Child Only Virus", or is it just my ATS induced Conspiracynoia acting up again?

edit on 6-9-2014 by wastedown because: grammy

edit on 6-9-2014 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2014 by wastedown because: autocorrect

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Coincides with the riots in Missouri. St. Louis not too far away, as the wind blows? The riot gas was tainted, or upset the balance of nature to allow the virus to propagate?

This concludes today's episode of Tin Foil Hat Speculation.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If it was Enterovirus in St. Louis and Kansas City then the children should have tested positive for it.

Mouth blisters, rashes and asthma sounds like a respond to something in the air.

Google mystery virus and you will come up with all sorts of out breaks in the past year.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have had a few clients complain of this exact same illness, and they are adults (I'm in Texas).

There's been a lot of weird stuff going around, such as this respiratory illness with mouth sores like thrush.

People had better start taking care of their health, taking immune-boosting supplements, and washing their hands like crazy. If you can, stay away from highly populated venues (theaters, malls etc). I have a feeling these waves of "weird" illnesses are only going to get more frequent.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Im in Ohio, and there was an article the other day about an outbreak of hand/foot/mouth disease in the state. I'll see if I can find it again.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Obviously ANOTHER child vaccine is needed!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
A "Virus" that only affects children? So much so that hospitals would age restrict visitors?! Strange... I imagine "Ehhh well, 17 is legal in some states, My bad, sorry sir, no mouth blisters for you!"

I wonder if they can concoct a vaccine from puberty? Puts a whole new spin on "Act your age!"!

Might as well be me who says it... Anybody else connecting Executive Orders pertaining to respiratory illness, and immigrants with "mystery respiratory illness" with this "Child Only Virus", or is it just my ATS induced Conspiracynoia acting up again?

Hospitals often do restrict young visitors this time of year as it is because of flu season. That is nothing new. I dont know why they are calling it a mystery illness. Have they not verified what it was by now? Human enterovirus-D68 is what I had seen it reported as.
edit on 6-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Any deaths reported? No info on that.

I've been reading up on this since it was in St. Louis. Ebola's taking a lot of attention from this.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
OK. I'll say it. Contrails and what they are putting into the air Sorry about that. It's very serious when children are involved. They are the next generation. That said my granddaughter has had a cough for 4 days now(in the UK) and the doctor says itis nothing and has got to go through her system.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What needs to be remembered in the 'land of the free'(?) is that since the 50's & 60's Amerika's great food industry really fecked up the whole food chain by introducing corn syrup and the rest #e into mundane everyday foods so that the generation of kids today are so unable to deal with the slightest illness or bug....... It is shocking.... A complete decrease in ability to survive simple bugs, bacteria or viruses OR even allergens which humans fifty years ago would have just blinked at......

The West is SOOOO weak in the great scheme of things.....pathetic

PDUK

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
OK. I'll say it. Contrails and what they are putting into the air Sorry about that. It's very serious when children are involved. They are the next generation. That said my granddaughter has had a cough for 4 days now(in the UK) and the doctor says itis nothing and has got to go through her system.

Surely you mean chemtrails right? Contrails have been coming from airplanes since, like forever. My daughter just got over this, and I am just now getting over it(not just affecting kids). Remember, it IS back to school time. Viruses like this are not to uncommon this time of year.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yikes. I haven't heard anything about the cases in Ohio (that's where I live) I haven't even heard of this. Time to start taking more multivitamins. Around this time of year I always get respiratory infections. Don't need to be sick with this, too.

EDIT: Are adults getting this as well, or are we sure it's just kids? We can assume that if kids are getting sick it's either from being in closed in classrooms with other sick kids, and weaker immune systems. But if that's the case, older people and those with auto-immune problems would also get sick.

edit on 6-9-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

It appears you have nothing to add to the discussion but unfounded, and very incorrect assumptions. Just because there is a cough/cold virus going around, you think it is a good opportunity to bad mouth the USA...WE are soooo weak? I better just shut up now before I find myself in trouble.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Not true at all well maybe, but like what about the 1918 flu that killed millions.
Its not like we haven't had pandemics before, and this is small isolated
stop freaking out people. geeze.
fear pandering.. is all it is

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

It appears you have nothing to add to the discussion but unfounded, and very incorrect assumptions. Just because there is a cough/cold virus going around, you think it is a goo opportunity to bad mouth the USA...WE are soooo weak? I better just shut up now before I find myself in trouble.

Grow up mate...... I mentioned the 'West' not just Amerika's...... Stop playing the victim....boring.....

It is a FaCt that the food chain has been 'toyed with' by American business in pursuit of profit..... Mess with nature at our peril......

PDUK

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join