It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fever, coughing, mouth blisters: Hundreds of Midwest kids hospitalized with mystery v

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

yes nasty virus. I am a bit worried that the first strain is in America now... within a month... the virus mutates and re attacks the victim, the 2nd strain, there is no cure.

scary...and those in charge of the information flow would not let on if it is......the virus has had plenty of time to spread out of Africa...all we can do at this point is wait and see

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

would you be so damn nice and post a link to such images with a warning next time?

damn second line.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

oh sorry. I didn't think they needed a warning.

it is what the virus looks like... I do apologise if the images shocked you.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

shocked? nope.

it's not something neutral though, so even if it's within ATS T&C (which i'm not certain about), i can imagine that someone having a morning coffee and a breakfast while reading ATS wouldn't be pleased to see those.

as for the topic, i doubt it's some ebola strain of sorts, at least here (poland) no fever for me or any other person i've mentioned. i do think something is in the air though, as i've said it's all fishy. people at different places got same thing at same time without direct contact with each other? call me suspicious.

if i'll get a high fever, i'll sure as hell start being worried. right now it's just extremely weird that same thing is happening across the globe and is spreading fast. i think i should watch people closely here if it's a more widespread thing here as well.

they should impose mandatory quarantine on everyone trying to leave the ebola region, long time ago. but no, what for. let no good crisis go to waste.

that, and that BS about it not being airborne, while the fact it is not spreading like a flu (or isn't supposed to so far) doesn't mean you can't get it from a sneeze of a person sitting in front of you.

makes you wonder what's worse, ebola or a russian nuke.
edit on 7-9-2014 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Ebola, a Russian nuke OR a bloody BIG asteroid........and the rest...(sun flares, methane release, volcano etc)...

Thinking about the topic....... I always wonder about food suppliers or more importantly Water supplies....
Is it possible 'something' in the water has caused these symptoms ? Or is it just the case that lots of kids going back to school act as a reservoir for a simple entreovirus or herpangia virus......

I do remember a story from a few years ago of a barmaid who caught herpes from a chap and so her revenge was to use her hand to contact the affected area and then run her fingers around the rims of pint glasses she was serving to chaps in the bar/club...... A sort of biological terrorism if you will.....

You just never know....

PDUK

Ps - she was caught and charged by the way.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
blister on lip might be work of dentist . and your cough i had one for years but xrays were clear the cause was a case of acid reflux . how it caused cough i have no idea but doctor prescribed zegride cleared it right up no more cough and yes it was a rough cough my co workers thought i had tb

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Reports have more or less been traveling the I-35 corridor ... with the illegals.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My sixty-something yr old mom was just in hospital in Alaska. She's never too well, she has no spleen anymore, but this time, 104 temp, over 25,000 white blood cell count, wheezing and coughing, high blood pressure, low oxygen saturation, and blisters under a numb tongue. She's resting at home now, but this post/thread concerns me somewhat...
edit on 9/7/2014 by japhrimu because: Added the wheezing and coughing

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is not happening just in the U.S. Children in Europe have also been affected. i will try to find a link in English and then will post it. This illness appears to be affecting only childfren and it has occurred nt only in the U.S. but also at least in Europe at the same time.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This is a link to the health advisory from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, which also helps to explain the disease. It is important to note that this is not seen as fatal, and is more common than one would expect.

There is no specific treatment for EV-D68 infections; specifically there are no anti-viral medications currently available for this purpose. Many infections will be mild and self-limited, requiring only symptomatic treatment. Some people with severe respiratory illness caused by EV-D68 may need to be hospitalized and receive intensive supportive therapy

health.mo.gov...

The "300" cases were cases of respiratory illness, not all are attributed to EV-D68.

Recently, a pediatric hospital in Kansas City, Missouri has experienced over 300 cases of respiratory illnesses in their facility. Approximately 15% of those illnesses have resulted in children being placed in an intensive care unit. Testing of specimens from several cases at a specialized laboratory at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)indicated that 19 of the 22 specimens were positive for Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68).

edit on 7-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This disease is "supposed" to be rare, even though it was "discovered back in the 60s but only about 100 people were infeced by it. It is caused by the Enterovirus C. type EV-D68, and now it seems to be spreading more rapidly, s it has most probably mutated.

I found the following research on this disease from 2012 which suggests the virus was isolated and obtained from 4 children with bronchiolotis and pneumonia in California back in 1962. But for some reason since 2009 the illness has been spreading more rapidly all over the world.

I can't excerpt from the paper but if you are interested in this you should read it.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I am really hoping that is true. According to the 2012 research i posted above.

The clinical presentation of EV-D68 infections in these outbreaks has ranged from mild illness to complications requiring hospitalization and, in rare instances, death. In all reports, children represented the majority of symptomatic infections. In several clusters, novel genetic variants were described (Hasegawa et al., 2011; Imamura et al., 2011; Kaida et al., 2011; Meijer et al., 2012; Rahamat-Langendoen et al., 2011; Ikeda et al., 2012; Jacobson et al., 2012).

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Notice how the above paper also states that between 1970 and 2005 only 26 clinical isolates of EV-D68 were reported in the USA. Now all of a sudden hundreds of children get it.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

hmm well ebola starts out the same way... temperature, blisters in the mouth and then spreads throughout the body:

In colorado here... I've been sick for 4 days now no fever yet...pretty aggressively attacking my respiratory system...but I have been fighting of the impending bronchitis by drying my nose up with benedryl...also the black elderberry seems to be really effective..... I have no actual ebola symptoms...but if I start getting super sick and think it's Ebola then I will surely let all of you know.....at this point it seems to be fading away already not getting more severe so ...
I seriously doubt it's ebola..

I'm fairly certain it's a bio-weapon at any rate...from my understanding enterovirus 68 was first discovered in the 1960's...it's probably one of the govs first successfully engineered tried and true cold bugs...

I would imagine that this release is a test run.

So rest assured this is not Ebola......if it becomes ebola...I will let y'all know.

edit on 7-9-2014 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is kind of weird because authorities in EU are also reporting many children in the EU are also infected by it, but I can't find a link in English.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My apologies, the reports from Europe in Spanish and Portuguese are refering to the illness happening in EU, which to them that is the United States and not the European Union.(as the words EU means in English.) That was my mistake.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That virus almost sounds like some of the illnesses I got last year (keeping in mind, I rarely get sick). I'd feel fine the day before, and then at night would develop a slightly scratchy throat. The next day would be torture - I'm a very active person, but it would feel like a whale rolled onto me while I was sleeping. Very sleepy, and everything would hurt - it would take an extreme amount of effort to even walk to the chair and sit down. One-two full days later, I'd be fine.

On topic though, I am noticing more illnesses over at my workplace - For example, one day out of the blue, I was getting vertigo while sitting in my chair (Sensation was the same as spinning around in the chair, and then stopping). It wasn't a strong case of it, as I could still walk normally, talk normally, move all of my facial muscles (first thing I checked was to make sure it wasn't something serious). This went on for a day, so I chalked it up to being hungry and without my caffeine, or an ear infection.

Well, about two weeks after my "incident", another co-worker was talking to me, when all of the sudden he had to close his eyes, as he had the same symptoms I did...Bit creepy, because I don't think ear infections can be contagious.

I've got me a feeling that this will become more common, as some people refuse to (or can't) stay home from work, so more of us have the potential to become sick. Schools are a breeding ground for this, even when there are people like me who'd love to stay home for being sick.

-fossilera

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
JUST GREAT!!!! Wonderful!! My kids are healthy all summer, within weeks of sending them to school,shorty, I should be dealing with the flu, phneumonia, or God knows what next! Last year it was phneumonia, for the 3rd time & H1N1.....Now this! UUGGHH......Short of giving them their vitamins, having them eat well, what else can you do when they are constantly around other kids all day.....SUCKS!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am really concerned for mainly my 3 year old. He already fights a respiratory in laryngomalacia. Thankfully with this as he has gotten older it has gotten better but in the past he was hospitalized 3 times due to low oxygen levels. Keeping my fingers crossed on this outbreak.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This might sound harsh BUT human beings 'evolved' by being able to cope with bugs, bacteria, viruses etc etc …….
we live in such a sanitized world that we are afraid to let kids be, well kids and scratch around in the dirt and interact with society…

It would be awful to contract and even worse suffer from an illness or infection BUT this is nature and we are not above it……..

This is the responsibility we have to eating well, exercising as appropriate, limiting drug usage (pharma and non if you jnow what i mean), NOT smoking etc etc etc…..

to rely on modern medicine and absolve responsibility aint going to work in the longer run…..

Regards

PDUK

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK
This might sound harsh BUT human beings 'evolved' by being able to cope with bugs, bacteria, viruses etc etc …….
we live in such a sanitized world that we are afraid to let kids be, well kids and scratch around in the dirt and interact with society…

PDUK

Actually we don't live in a sanitized world. As the world population increases and concentrates in cities, so does the bugs, bacteria, viruses, etc etc....

In fact with all the sewage, pollution, lack of sanitation and close contact of the population...it's a filthy, nasty place and I'm surprised that there aren't more plagues, epidemics and pandemics.

We reap what we sow....and the result is more diseases resistant to treatment, AIDs, SARS, common cold like diseases morphing into super bugs,
and the re occurrence of diseases once thought obliterated like TB and polio.

edit on 8-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join