It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin breaks down crying... Tries to hold it together.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Recently in Mongolia, President Putin starts crying during the Russian hymn. He seems to keep his eyes close to trap the tears before he swipes at an escaping one. It's kind of sad and leaves you wondering why such a seemingly strong man has been brought to tears.

Could it be that he sees that the West is forcing him into a position that will undoubtably start another world war?

The west has already warned that of he tries anything with Estonia that it could result in a war with Europe and America. Now recently an Estonia officer has been taken Into custody for suspicions of espionage (had travel documents, hand gun, and 5,000 euro) in Russia, and the West are call g it kidnap.

Does anyone else feel we are being ushered into a world war?

99 red balloons.

AAC
edit on 5-9-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Or could it be he was just moved by the hymn.....

Sometimes what it is ....Is just what it is.....

Music moves a lot of people....

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just swelling with national pride nothing wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Agreed ^

The scherzo Molto vivace of Dvorak's 9th Symphony is so beautiful to me I nearly want to cry.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

I'm not sure about being ushered into world war, but I am pretty sure that we are always in a state of war. I don't see anything in this video except a man who is moved emotionally. I have that happen every now and then even though I am "strong" outwardly. We as men seem to always feel that it is necessary to hide this show of emotion but I know at least on an academic level that we should be able to let it out. I think that the Russian Hymn has just touched him. You can probably find similar videos of US presidents doing the same thing under the same circumstances. I will admit that I don't follow the news and I am not up to speed on what's happening around the world so I may have missed something. My only news source is this site...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Google "Putin cries" and see if any other video surfaces on his 30 year political career. Not going to find anything.

These are trying times and they seem to be taking its toll. He looks emotionally unstable. Stress does that.

AAC

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You very well could be right, I don't know. Especially if he has been the type of man that has never shown any type of emotion in public.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We are being ushered one, two has hell of pride , three he knows how that song ends imagine dragons -radioactive...a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Maybe just the same old story but caught by the Russians this time.

When Trotsky returned to Petrograd in May of 1917 to organize the Bolshevik phase of the Russian Revolution, he carried $10,000 for travel expenses, a generously ample fund considering the value of the dollar at that time. Trotsky was arrested by Canadian and British naval personnel, when the ship, on which he was traveling, the S.S. Kristianiafjord, put in at Halifax. The money in his possession is now a matter of official record. The source of that money has been the focus of much speculation, but the evidence strongly suggests, that its origin was the German government. It was a sound investment.

I'd be interrogating the sh*t out of that guy... But that's just me.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
For His loss.

Let him mourn.

Have You no Decency?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This may not be so uncommon. I know we here in the US like to paint Putin as a hardened ex-KGB tough guy, but he has been known to show emotion, and even cry, in public before.

I just Googled "putin cries", and the first two pages of results already returned a few news links about Putin crying, not including the vast majority for today.

Putin Crying at a Soft-Rock Police Tribute

Putin Cries As He Wins Re-Election

I'm sure if I dug deeper and filtered out anything from the past week, I could find more news stories.

And I bet if I could search in Russian, I'd find even more.

Not trying to say it's all nothing, it could be something significant. I'm no expert, we may look back on this video years from now and say "That's when we should have seen it coming".

But I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If it were because of "fear", it would not be shown to the public. He is way too proud of a man to show that fear emotion. I believe he was not doubt just moved by the moment. Look how red his skin flushes just out of the blue. Now, this is not to say that he has not broke down crying in fear in the privacy of his home at night, just knowing that the US and Europe are indeed goading him into a war that he will/cannot win. I will say that I am awfully surprised that China has been so damn quiet during all of this. Kind of odd.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Putin is standing in a foreign country with historic ties to his own, watching citizens of said country play a Russian hymn. Relations between Russia and Mongolia have been, and are, strong, and both leaders were marking the 75th anniversary of the battles of Khalkhin Gol. On that day, they were paying respect to the soldiers of history. Given the aforementioned circumstances, it seems reasonable that Putin may have been slightly emotional as a result of the day's events. That said, he wasn't really balling his eyes out. He shed like, one tear.
edit on 6-9-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

He was crying after he and Medvedev won the last election.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the closing ceremony at the Winter Olympics in Sochi? I was curiously wondering about the huge Russian Bear mascot. It cried and shed one single tear. Not that there's any connection but this made me think of that.mashable.com...

Or was Putin needing to take a massive crap and sweating profusely from trying to hold it in? That's what it looks like in the video to me.

edit on AMSat, 06 Sep 2014 01:17:29 -0500America/Chicago1409984249K176179 by AreUKiddingMe because: it just needed editing and such because of my forgetfulness

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I tend to agree with others here. I think Putin is human and the moment just weighed on him whether good or bad.

I think he shows so little emotion compared to most Americans, that we tend to be shocked when we see it. Maybe he's just one of those that can control it well enough until it's just too much to hold in.

It's kind of nice to see that he's not a cyborg.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

That is the look of a man who has made a very difficult decision... one whose repercussions could be devastating

That is the look of guilt. Of fear.

For those of you who say he's simply moved by the hymn, give me a break. It's clearly a Chinese ceremony, so I can't see how that could move a typically stone cold man to tears, let alone the Russian president... However, I can understand if the hymn triggered his reaction. Almost like a wake up call.

"This is it, Vlad. This is really happening"...
edit on 6-9-2014 by Gh0stwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
If it were because of "fear", it would not be shown to the public. He is way too proud of a man to show that fear emotion. I believe he was not doubt just moved by the moment. Look how red his skin flushes just out of the blue. Now, this is not to say that he has not broke down crying in fear in the privacy of his home at night, just knowing that the US and Europe are indeed goading him into a war that he will/cannot win. I will say that I am awfully surprised that China has been so damn quiet during all of this. Kind of odd.

I think that unlike our president, Putin is extremely patriotic and knowing the toll his people will pay in a war with the west weighs heavy on him.Don`t think for a moment the toll won`t be heavy for us as well, it will be.China may be silent for the most part but we've been threatening them too.China has recently made several agreements with Russia economically and militarily and they have called the USA the scourge of the planet.I`m very sure they have a joint force war plan against the USA and with Obama gutting our military to pre ww2 levels at the same time he keeps trying to push Russia and China around(stupid,stupid,stupid!)They may just take NATO`s bait and throw down on us.If they do we`re in trouble!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Wow!
Putin's human after all
Imagine that...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Maybe he was just lamenting that he had not worn sunglasses that day. The sun is really beating down on him.

edit on 9/6/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join