It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0.3: Police Brutality of Another Kind, Phil Robertson, and more...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In this last of our "BETA" episodes, we take a hard look at a different kind of police brutality that's much more insidious and cruel than any swing of a night stick. Innocent people's lives are being ruined across the nation through a criminal enterprise made legal and exploited by district attorneys and police everywhere. We also take a look at the nation's most notorious speed trap and absolutely insane comments by Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson.

This is our final of four episodes in our "BETA Period" where we're testing out a number of things, and listening to viewer feedback.

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Next Level BS Website
edit on 5-9-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Good. You've got it. It's there.

Side note - the opening story about Philadelphia ... I bet if you had the people to dig in you would have found that the corruption doesn't stop at the police dept but goes all the way to Mayor Nutters office.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Absolutely brilliant!

Couldn't fault this one at all!! And...I love that you're talking slower! Now, it sounds natural, not like you're rushing through all the segments!

I can honestly say I'm impressed how you've adapted in just 4 videos! You're now a pro!!

Get the show on the road!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Tagline

I'd like to score this next level , but really I'm not surprized,, this is regular Bull#%&!

Thanxs alot... just when we were expecting next level,, you then notify us that its just ordinary everyday regular Bull#%&!

Thats Bull#%&!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

My reaction to hearing this is that I want to talk about the content, period. The style is good enough this time so that its not distracting from the content, which means I think he's good to go. I expect his style will become more polished over time, but the point is, its good enough now to really focus on the message.

And the message, the things he talked about, pissed me off. The way markets work is they seek to create conditions which lead to their profits. Therefore Nike shoes (and their partners) advocate for running. Guitar World (and their partners) push for people to discover their inner rock star. What does it mean to advocate for a government, or for law enforcement, when the way they profit is through crime? Does it mean to facilitate crime? Its the same thing with the private sector prisons, and with the military industrial complex.

I was on a science site not too long ago, and one of the smart ones said that a lot of conspiracies happen without anyone knowing they're involved, without a smoky room full of men in black who know where all the bodies are buried. To see this working, imagine you work with marketing data for a defense contractor. You find a statistical correlation between investing in a certain company and increased profits soon after. That's enough for you to invest heavily in that company. What you don't need to know, but is the truth, is that this partner company invests in companies in the middle east, that buy from people who fund terrorists. So unknowingly funding terrorists increases your profit... But all you saw was the correlation between an investment pattern and increased profits.

These invisible hand conspiracies happen all the time. People sitting right in the middle of them may scoff, because they know they aren't plotting things, they know there's no smoky room. But the conspiracy is happening in effect anyway.

We need to make sure we set things up so defense contractors profit from sustained peace and security, not war, and law enforcement profits from a a peaceful and law abiding people, not crime. I'm a free market (invisible hand) advocate, but the architects of these ideals, like Adam Smith always advocated for INFORMATION for market players, people really have to know what they are involved in. In this information age there should be no reason we don't all know where our money is coming from and going to.
edit on 4-9-2014 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
OK, go ahead and hate me, but I'm not going to follow this.

1.) It's already on ATS in the various threads.

2.) The treatment of each case is shallow and brief. It provides reassurance for those who already accept it, but doesn't challenge anyone else's thinking.

3.) Each show is a violation of T&C. We're not allowed to say those things, why is he?

3.a.) Because somebody thinks the language is required to communicate to the current generation?

3.b.) Because it presents an "edgy" image which, it is assumed, will draw more activity to ATS?

4.) It's already getting predictable.

5.) It's aimed at people younger than I am. People who are used to expressing themselves through a selfie or a limited number of characters.

6.) Instead of Next Level Bull# (I wonder if I can say that, now that it's an official part of the ATS vocabulary) it should be called Things I Really Don't Like.

Sorry, a better show would be worth half an hour. I'll let others watch it. De gustibus non est disputandum.

Apparently, I can't use the word. The automatic censor changed it for me. I know management can do anything they want, with or without a reason, but I think this can only be explained by "I felt like it, so there."
edit on 4-9-2014 by charles1952 because: Add a bit.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It's a good show , very much american style

It just needs some little tweaks here and there , keep up the good work guys !
edit on 4-9-2014 by Alundra because: nah ..

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

He makes fair points if you ask me, and i rarely agree with him when i have read his posts.

The whole sweary thing is such a double standard too, can we all say poop and hump properly now seeing as NLBS gets a free pass in all of it's vids? No warnings, no snips of vids etc. Be consistent at least ATS.... the excuse that yoofs read these pages and it's "family friendly" works across the board, see?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

This point is so childish give me a break.

Can you refute any of the points present in the video or does it resort to simply attacking the presenters style?

This will actually reach more, younger people.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

just great ,,someone has been offended,,,does that mean the show is canceled ...well it was a good run while it lasted... it was only a matter of time before TPTB stormed the studio , found some ATS paraphernalia & confiscated everything anyhow.

--
edit on 4-9-2014 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You did it!

You taught me something, you improved your public speaking skills and, you are informing people of things they may not know about.

Good job.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
3.) Each show is a violation of T&C. We're not allowed to say those things, why is he?

This has already been previously explained.

Our policies on swearing have always been specific to the words, posted as text, in posts, in the forums on ATS. Our leniency toward swearing that's not overboard and non-gratuitous, has been in place for member podcasts and videos since we've had member podcasts and videos. Why is this such a big deal?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

They are not asking us to debate the points in the video, we have thousands of threads to do that in.

They have clearly asked for feedback from viewers here at ATS and that is what they are getting which is hardly childish. The reason for no profanities at ATS is clear yet it does not seem to matter in this case for some reason, which is obviously a double standard and makes a monkey out of the no profanity rule. I know young folk who read this site and don't really want # and # pushed on them at ATS.... i like that posts here are not littered with those words as they often are elsewhere.

The use of those words so frequently in these vids actually sounds forced and (as it clearly is) scripted. ie: it sounds fake in an attempt to be edgy. I reckon the presenter is capable of better personally, no doubt he will relax into the role but he's failing at trying to sound angry at the mo.

Aren't we meant to raise the young and role model to them?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Because they have to hate on something.

My inclination is that these people have a typically negative outlook on everything and rarely is something up to their standards.

Their points are based on social constructs that are intangibles, they are thought paradigms that exist as ideas. They are not foundational and realistic.

They have nothing to do with the presenter or in fact with reality in or of itself.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The only thing I will say is in regards to Robertson. To attempt to compare his opinion with radical Islam's actions is a push. Phill did not say "convert to Christianity" and he did not reference every Muslim in his statement. He simply said convert and he was simply referring to the radicals. Was he wrong? Honestly, put the next level politically correct BS aside for a moment and look at it truthfully and honestly and tell me he was wrong.

There are only two ways to end this NLBS happening in the Middle East...
1. Convert the radical jihadists away from the radical spectrum of their religion
2. kill the radical jihadists
Every effort that has been attempted which does not center around those two criteria has either been a total capitulation or a massive failure. I'm also guessing that a 3rd option, convert everyone else to the same sect of radical Islam, is off the table from the get go... but your thoughts on that may differ from my own.

There is no untruth in that statement. There is also no hatred in that statement, unless self preservation is now considered hatred.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Wow, taking it a bit hard over there dude, luckily my happy go lucky approach to life allows me to skip though your negativity and brush off your judgements about my personality. Feedback is suddenly so controversial!

o7

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

LOL.

No your points are "feelings" and have nothing to do with the reality of the message.

I am addressing your negativity directly and with a valid argument that's NOT ad hominem, or strawman.

Judging something's style rather then content is practically meaningless.

But continue to tell me how I'm the negative one.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
1. I'm a cusser
2. I took the time to read why there is no profanity. It said it was to keep ATS from being blocked from places.

I respect that and, I don't believe in censorship. Get over yourself. You said you don't like it. We read it, thanks. Go whine elsewhere. I'm certain I'm not the only one tired of reading it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Congratulations. I liked. It was informative, relaxed and fun.
Nice work

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join