It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0.3: Police Brutality of Another Kind, Phil Robertson, and more...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

So you have an issue with people presenting feedback when asked? I'm happy with what i said, feel free to judge me all you like if it somehow got your back up.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You think the police seizures are only happening in this one city? it's happening across the nation and for over a decade.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Yes. We want feedback. However, be aware that main crux of your comment has already been covered, and has been in place for many years on ATS.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I knew the police were taking cars and using them as undercover cars. I also knew there are "red zones " where anything can become a reason to impound and dissect your vehicle. I didn't know they were taking homes.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

i appreciate what you posted and recognise your point - you can no doubt tell from the time stamp that i was typing my point at pretty much the same time that you made that post so was unable to see it

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I am boycotting this show, going on a no Cheetos hunger stike but am not worried because my personal prediction is the show won't last long.

Oh and Phil Robertson is the man, because he pees in all the right peoples cheerios.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Can I have your Cheetos?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: charles1952
3.) Each show is a violation of T&C. We're not allowed to say those things, why is he?

This has already been previously explained.

Our policies on swearing have always been specific to the words, posted as text, in posts, in the forums on ATS. Our leniency toward swearing that's not overboard and non-gratuitous, has been in place for member podcasts and videos since we've had member podcasts and videos. Why is this such a big deal?

Not such a big deal, but I do find it odd. Inconsistent may be the word.... Why would it be ok to verbalize a word, but not ok to type it? In the immortal words of Vinnie Barbarino: "I am sooo confused!" lol

Funny that swearing in a video would appeal to a younger crowd. Is it that uncommon that it still titiates? If used excessively it detracts from the message. If held to a minimum and applied like spice, it can be effective to illustrate the gravity of a statement.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Because they have to hate on something.

My inclination is that these people have a typically negative outlook on everything and rarely is something up to their standards.

Their points are based on social constructs that are intangibles, they are thought paradigms that exist as ideas. They are not foundational and realistic.

They have nothing to do with the presenter or in fact with reality in or of itself.

Nothing like a personal attack couched in pretty prose. lol

If they ask for a critique, then they should be prepared to accept it for what it is. There is no contract to change anything based on the critique...so the producers (so to speak) are free to accept or discard whatever is returned as advice or criticism. And if someone asks for opinion/critiquing then why would someone else want to put down that criticism, given that it was honestly presented.

Oh, and who is "they"?

The guys in the black choppers?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

It's understandable that you won't please everybody and I hope you realize that it's impossible to do so...

That being said, I must tell you that this episode was BY FAR the best one you've made, in my opinion. Anyone who's watched the four episodes will have noticed by now that you did listen to the feedback and acted accordingly. I know I see the difference and it's a darn good one.

Excellent!!

Good Luck on your official launch! May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I have heard of people losing there homes because the police were called to there house for a party and they were caught with a roach in the ashtray. The police systematically emptied there house of any valuables/electronics while the home owners went to jail. Another guy had a nice Cadillac and got pulled over was going to jail for a warrant, cop found a roach in ashtray and the police chief was seen driving around town in his car.

There has to be a ton of Youtube videos on this, talk about wealth redistribution.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, I've come back to this thread after a while, and it seems as though I should offer an explanation or an Apologia.

The NLBS series was something I hadn't paid any attention to, so it seemed like it was time for me to find out what it was about. I did this by watching all four episodes, sequentially, without reading the comments. Dear Skeptic Overlord, I'm sure my comment was addressed in those posts, but I never saw it.

My opinion was asked for. I thought about it and gave my opinion. I would expect that whenever anybody asks for an opinion about anything, there will be a variety of responses. Some people loved it, some people didn't. Isn't that what the people asking for opinions expected?

So, how does it go from there?

Skeptic Overlord gets credit for addressing my comment on the T&C issue. Whether I agree with his analysis makes no difference, I will not argue the point.

I understand that a member can use appropriate profanity via sound, but not sight. But what about those that don't even address my post or my opinion, but attack me?

"Negative," "Hater," "Nothing good enough for you," and personal mocking.

I understand that a member can use appropriate profanity via sound, but not sight. But aren't these posts examples of "Attacking the player, not the ball," personal insults, off-topic posts, posts that don't advance the conversation?

Why are those not commented on by Mods?

But it's a small thing, I've been called much worse and will be again. I'm just surprised by those who attack individuals who dare to express a different opinion. Deny ignorance? They're guaranteeing it. If that type of person is in love with NLBS, that may be another reason for not being interested in it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Stop it! I'm agreeing with you again. Grrr

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

my personal prediction is the show won't last long.

I'd have to agree.

I don't care very much for the StormCloudsGathering messages, but I would have accurately predicted the mark he's left. TBH, these videos look like a practice session on how to swear. You're doing it wrong.

Here's a thought: Why go forward with something that's got problems which 'can' be ironed out? You will start off with your first check in the 'failed attempt' category. Postpone your debut, cut the swearing completely from a couple more test videos, and see what your audience thinks from there. Honestly, it's embarrassing for me to play something like that in my own home with my wife in another room.

If you think I have a problem with cuss words, you'd be mistaken. There's a time and a place for everything. Either get better at it, or just stop.

The rest of it is pretty good. Never lose sight of the fact that you alone are presenting a POV on your subject. When you lose a viewer, you've probably lost them forever.

-Cheers

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Moral of the story: Don't be stupid.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Having watched the show, the only issue I had was with one piece of content.

You are comparing ISIS to Christians? lol Really? Now if you had made the comparison to Crusaders, then yeah. But I do not see the Commander killing muslims when they do not convert. I also do not see him (or any other current day Christian) killing muslims because they are .. muslims. So we have a comparison of something a Hollywood (I know, but they have a show to promote, so it is an apt description) type says during an interview with hundreds and thousands of people murdered. When I try to weigh one against the other, I find one side considerably heavily weighted and the other just warm gas blown out of an air hole

Since you make no claims regarding fair treatment of the subjects it is your business.

Otherwise, in terms of technical production, I give you a thumbs up. Nicely done.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

LOVE.IT.DUDE.

Keep up the turd locating! It's going great so far!

Asset forfeiture seems like nothing but a con job. It is certainly far to frequently used, and with little to no probable cause for even an arrest! It's madness. People should not be in danger of having their homes taken from them, unless they are confirmed scumbags, if at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Amazing.... This is by far the best episode.... very easy to follow, informative, and funny as hell! Literally LOL

"Beyond NLBS"... Marvelous

Keep them like this... this is gonna go way beyond ATS!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The content was good, but the delivery was horrible this time. It would behoove you to lose the teleprompter and speak from the heart with just a handful of talking points. The Phil Robertson crack was bull$hit, but I doubt he gives a damn what any of us thinks anyway.

My favorite part was the video at the end. I actually know the guy that squashed the beach ball, and yes he can be quite a prick sometimes.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hey Joe, I found that pic you posted to the now-hacked Icloud:

Nice wrap to a beta test. Move it forward. You should know by now what you are up against, and that there are many members with puritanical values, of whom you would never please save changing your format completely.

Stay true to your original vision. You got this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join