It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: ISIS leader’s top aide killed in air strik

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has lost his aide after a strike on the ISIS-held city of Mosul, in northern Iraq, the Iraqi defense ministry said Thursday.

Another ISIS figure was also declared dead, the ministry added.

Iraq and the United States have both been carrying out airstrikes against ISIS targets, after the militant group seized large parts of the country’s north and west.

Iraq: ISIS leader’s top aide killed in air strik

I could not find any thread on this topic.
When I got this news 6 hours ago, Al Arabiya reported that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi himself may be amongst the dead.
They now changed the story, so maybe they got confirmation, that he was not killed.
I wonder what reaction this will provoke.
German news outlets still report that al-Baghdadi was killed.
Hope they get him and all high ranking IS leaders, because this will probably scare some of the potential European terrorists away, since a lot of the are just attracted by the fame and glory and success they think the IS might give them.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Behead another American journalist.

And not 'provoke'.

Baghdadi going around cutting peoples heads off and taunting US was a provocation.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
" Iraq: ISIS leader’s top aide killed in air strik "

Sounds like this could be another load of BeeEss.

Don't believe anything coming from the Middle East war zones.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

If only it was Baghdadi that got smoked.

His time is coming just like the rest of them.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was talking to a friend from Mexico about what would be effective ways to deal with the Cartels, and it struck me it could probably apply to ISIS as well.

He told me about how a militia in some southern areas pushed the cartels out... instead of hitting at the top people, they killed the low level people. partly because its who they were able to hit.. and partly.. if you make it dangerous to enter the organization then eventually the top people will no longer have the man power to control an area and the organization will move out of there or dry up.

Yet if you cut the head off the snake (so to speak) you will always get someone to step up thinking they are smarter/luckier/or faster than the guy that just got whacked.

Just a thought.. but targeted strikes don't work (look at the cartels in mexico) and often times they make things worse.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Just like the top shotcallers same can be said about the low level soldiers. They too will be replaced just like the top guys.

One falls, another rises.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Behead another American journalist.

And not 'provoke'.

Baghdadi going around cutting peoples heads off and taunting US was a provocation.

You saw him do it did you? I would guess from your avatar you can't wait to kill you some Muslim.
edit on 4-9-2014 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I just wonder what they mean by "Another ISIS figure", it does not sound like they killed some random person.
They probably killed some other high level figure, but don't want to disclose it or are not sure yet

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

Such an awesome demagogic post.

Feel free to point out the muslim there.

Since everything ISIS, and Baghadi has done, and continues to do is an affront to Islam.
edit on 4-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I agree and so do my Muslim workpals and pals.
I have talked to them and everyone of them said "they are not Muslims" or "I wish the press would stop saying they are Muslims because they are not".
They are just #ing animals.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So who will the US covert agencies appoint now?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Since everything ISIS, and Baghadi has done, and continues to do is an affront to Islam.

The ignorance was intended. I was simply pointing out how you folk think. I guess I should have made it a bit more obvious.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yeah the 'ignorance' was rather apparent:

You saw him do it did you? I would guess from your avatar you can't wait to kill you some Muslim.

There is no finer example of a red herring fallacy as the above clearly shows.

www.nizkor.org...

Which was a response to this:

Behead another American journalist. And not 'provoke'. Baghdadi going around cutting peoples heads off and taunting US was a provocation.

Since there was NO MENTION of muslim there.
edit on 4-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I hope his head popped off from the explosion!

TRENDING!

I wonder if they have figured out beheading journalist does not equal Anti-Aircraft weaponry.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I agree and so do my Muslim workpals and pals.
I have talked to them and everyone of them said "they are not Muslims" or "I wish the press would stop saying they are Muslims because they are not".

But therein lies some of the problem - they simply feel its not 'their' problem because they don't follow their particular brand of Islam.
The thing is, ISIS believe THEY are the true brand of Islam and increasing numbers of Muslims agree with them.
They may be in a minority, but its a large enough minority too be causing all sorts of problems throughout the world.

Hell, even the complete fanatics within Islam can't agree with each other.
The Wahhabi's helped found ISIS and they're now crapping themselves, Al-Qaida have fallen out with ISIS and are seeking to oppose them - and they're all Sunni extremists.
Shia Iran are apparently actively fighting against ISIS in Shia regions of Iraq.

They all believe they are the true followers of Mohammed and the others are apostates or infidels.

The whole region is enveloped in total and utter madness.

Its so easy for 'moderates' to say 'They aren't Muslims' and simply walk away from it.
I know not all of them are saying or acting like that - but far, far too many do simply abdicate all responsibility.

They are just #ing animals.

I don't think anyone could disagree with that.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yeah the 'ignorance' was rather apparent:

There is no finer example of a red herring fallacy as the above clearly shows.

www.nizkor.org...

Which was a response to this:

Behead another American journalist. And not 'provoke'. Baghdadi going around cutting peoples heads off and taunting US was a provocation.

Since there was NO MENTION of muslim there.

Rather than point out the propaganda at work you would rather cling to the rhetoric of an excuse for blood shed. Hence you silly avatar tough guy. I bet you're polishing your guns as we speak.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

By the way your use of demagogic is ill fitting in this context.
Here is something you may understand.
THIS EXCEEDING TRIFLING WITLING, CONSIDERING RANTING CRITICIZING CONCERNING ADOPTING FITTING WORDING BEING EXHIBITING TRANSCENDING LEARNING, WAS DISPLAYING, NOTWITHSTANDING RIDICULING, SURPASSING BOASTING SWELLING REASONING, RESPECTING CORRECTING ERRING WRITING, AND TOUCHING DETECTING DECEIVING ARGUING DURING DEBATING

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

dude chill out, this bickering is ruining a perfectly good thread... well, that and the missing 'e' in strike.
It's interesting that they are carrying out attacks within the city, instead of surrounding areas like before. It looks like taking out the leaders is the easy part, its getting enough justification to do so that is difficult.

edit: that poem is cool tho
edit on 4-9-2014 by tAcAnAvAn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

THIS EXCEEDING TRIFLING WITLING, CONSIDERING RANTING CRITICIZING CONCERNING ADOPTING FITTING WORDING BEING EXHIBITING TRANSCENDING LEARNING, WAS DISPLAYING, NOTWITHSTANDING RIDICULING, SURPASSING BOASTING SWELLING REASONING, RESPECTING CORRECTING ERRING WRITING, AND TOUCHING DETECTING DECEIVING ARGUING DURING DEBATING

All of which has what to do with the topic or what wonderful humanitarians ISIS or their now extinct leader are?

FYI: Your cap lock is stuck

edit on 4-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You know what the solution is? education. If we educate people the more chance they will not be radical in their religious beliefs.
I think that is what has happened to many of the Muslims I know they have been educated but the problem is ISIS doesn't want their kids educated they want them just thinking of the islamic state and we in the west are evil.
I do also agree with you Muslims around the world who do not agree with ISIS need to be more vocal in their condemnation of them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join