It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO Ive been away a while and returned today...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Been doing lots of new and interesting things... the big one was getting more surgery on this busted MCL and ACL. Yep. Got an infection at the hospital. INSIDE my knee. I know going to the hospital is taking your life into your own hands.. but damn. So.. I am admitted with Staph and other nasties.. IV antibiotics. Antibiotics. Yep. antibiotics screw your intestines up . RX probiotics. Still not right. Now I have a bone to pick with the hospital. One rated the best. The one the Cardinals and Rams go to for their stuff.. I even have the same orthopedic surgeon that works on the big boys. Great surgeon.. but Im PISSED with this infection crap. How in the hell do you get an infection with sterile equipment?? Ahh... they arent as sterile as we think apparently. Or someone spit in my open knee in the OR...

BE careful. These days I wouldnt even go in for a small elective surgery.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Or one very small bacteria got into your wound.
Heck it aint perfect but I would take it over something we had 20 years ago.
Hope you heal ok.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Good to see you back Advantage.

Sorry to hear about the infection. A friend of mine named Kenny Pope was about to be drafted to the NBA when he got an infection after minor knee surgery. Wound up to be MRSA and his father let them amputate his knee. Hospitals are nuts these days. Get some herbs if you can.

Cheers. Good to have you back.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Hi - welcome back.

Are you still learning how to post a thread?

Spaces are your friend.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear about your hospital infection. Hospitals are NOTORIOUS for them. People go into hospitals relatively germ free and end up very sick (or dead). Sorry .. not to scare you .. but hospitals are to be avoided unless it's absolutely necessary.

You picked up staph? That's a toughie.
(the good news .. if there is any ...Be glad it's not MRSA.)

I hope your recovery goes well.

Back on Fathers Day I ended up in the hospital. I was at Ocean City MD at a Thunderbird AirShow when a beach umbrella took off on someone and it ended up impaling me through the right leg near the knee. They took me to the hospital, cleaned out the sand, stitched me up and sent me on my way unable to walk and without crutches. MEGA antibiotics because I didn't have a tetanus shot and can't have them (Neurological issues). First thing they asked me when the ambulance dropped me off ... have you ever had MRSA. Hospitals are scared to death of germs like that. (with good reason).

Germs rule the world. People do not. We forget that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

How in the hell do you get an infection with sterile equipment??

Could be many things, most likely human error.

All it takes is one microscopic bacteria, just one.

Those things happen but are not common, you were just one of the 1% out of millions that will get surgery this year.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

You've got that right! I know you're feeling bad, and I'm really sorry, but I've got to say, Consider yourself fortunate. My niece who had just given birth to a baby got a staph infection in the hospital and died from it, leaving her young husband and newborn on their own.

I avoid even the doctor office unless I have tried everything else!

I hope you feel better soon!

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I was at Ocean City MD at a Thunderbird AirShow when a beach umbrella took off on someone and it ended up impaling me through the right leg near the knee.

OMG! That's terrible!
edit on 9/2/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

You've got that right! I know you're feeling bad, and I'm really sorry, but I've got to say, Consider yourself fortunate. My niece who had just given birth to a baby got a staph infection in the hospital and died from it, leaving her young husband and newborn on their own.

I avoid even the doctor office unless I have tried everything else!

I hope you feel better soon!

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I was at Ocean City MD at a Thunderbird AirShow when a beach umbrella took off on someone and it ended up impaling me through the right leg near the knee.

OMG! That's terrible!

Good lord.. I am so sorry to hear that!

So far its just Staph.. not MRSA. Id prefer to KEEP my leg.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

Hi - welcome back.

Spaces are your friend.

Yeah. Teach me. Please. I need help with spaces and youre my only hope!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm scared of hospitals.

THERE ARE SICK PEOPLE THERE!!

The few times I've had to go I feel like my clothes shouldn't come in my house.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Hi - welcome back.

Spaces are your friend.

A smart ass.

Nice.

If you knew what I know we wouldn't communicate. (can u read big words?).

Don't fuk w me.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I'm scared of hospitals.

THERE ARE SICK PEOPLE THERE!!

The few times I've had to go I feel like my clothes shouldn't come in my house.

I cant stand them either. but I waited so long my knee was swollen up big as my head.. so I had to go.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Hi - welcome back.

Spaces are your friend.

A smart ass.

Nice.

If you knew what I know we wouldn't communicate. (can u read big words?).

Don't fuk w me.

Hmm you come to my thread with what you know and communicate with me first. SO Im not suposed to reply to you because If I knew what you know, we wouldnt communicate. Strange conundrum. I mean you didnt post and then say "dont communicate with me even though I communicated with you" .. and then flounce off. I mean its not like I was stalking you or anything... forcing you with mind rays to post on this thread. Or was I...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Those stubborn germs are all over in the hospital. Some of the Employees and doctors live symbiotically with them. The germs only bother these workers when they get weakened by something or if they do something to piss the little critters off. The little guys know that these people supply them with a smorgasbord of food. You aren't going to get the little critters unless you get rid of them in the workers that host them.

I hope you recover OP. Getting your gut flora back up to par can be hard.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I have had a breast reduction in an effort to get rid of migraines. It didn't work. However, afterwards I apparently had different ideas than the Dr on what light duty was.

I popped stitches on my right side and completely freaked out when my finger touched my rib while I was cleaning the wound. Needless to say I had to go to the ER. Fingers just shouldn't be able to touch the actual rib!!

edit on 2-9-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Those stubborn germs are all over in the hospital. Some of the Employees and doctors live symbiotically with them. The germs only bother these workers when they get weakened by something or if they do something to piss the little critters off. The little guys know that these people supply them with a smorgasbord of food. You aren't going to get the little critters unless you get rid of them in the workers that host them.

I hope you recover OP. Getting your gut flora back up to par can be hard.

TY
Good seeing you! To tell you the truth, I think I had let an infection from the surgery stew too long before I went in and thats why I was whapped with Vanc. I think they were scared of MRSA by using the vanc. I mean there shouldnt have been staph in the first place.. but hospitals are where SICK folks go. Im just ranting and bitching... its annoying to be housebound again... gotta vent. Yes.. the flora is a definite issue with the antibiotics I was on IV. Prob take me a year to get it right.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

I have had a breast reduction in an effort to get rid of migraines. It didn't work. However, afterwards I apparently had different ideas than the Dr on what light duty was.

I popped stitches on my right side and completely freaked out when my finger touched my rib while I was cleaning the wound. Needless to say I had to go to the ER. Fingers just shouldn't be able to touch the actual rib!!

Oh hell.. Id have freaked out. LOL!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Welcome back!

I didn't realize how bad hospitals were, until my son got into a bit of trouble, and sat in jail for a bit. He ended up getting MRSA. He told me the nurse said Jails and Hospitals were the worst.

Here's to a speedy recovery for you!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I hope you can look at this in a few years and laugh too. Trust me when I say I wasn't laughing while I was holding my upper body so the bumps in the road didn't hurt. Now its hilarious to think of.

You'll beat that tiny little germ and have a great story

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Advantage!! ((hugs)) to you first.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's a scary thing when you go to the hospital where they are suppose to take care of you and you become sick. I had surgery Friday, removed my gallbladder, and I wasn't nervous about the surgery but of getting sick from the hospital. I"m a germaphobe and get paranoid over those times of things because as you have just pointed out they can and do happen.

I wish you a speedy and safe recovery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join