It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You are not up to this job': Parents of SEAL Team Six soldier killed in action call for President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Apparently fed up with Obama's constant golfing, fund raising, vacations and lack of seriousness, the parents of a seal team six member killed in 2011 penned a letter expressing their dismay. The straw that broke the camel's back was the Foley beheading.

After finally choosing to view the barbaric, on-camera beheading by ISIS of freelance war correspondent James Foley, I have been left with a level of rage known only to those of us who have sacrificed unspeakable offerings on the altar of world peace.

My offering was my only son — Aaron Carson Vaughn. Aaron was a member of SEAL Team VI. He was killed in action when a CH47D Chinook, carrying thirty Americans and eight Afghans was shot down in the Tangi River Valley of Afghanistan on Aug. 6.

As Commander-in-Chief, your actions — or lack thereof — Mr. President, cost lives. As you bumble about in your golf cart, slapping on a happy face and fist-pounding your buddies, your cowardly lack of leadership has left a gaping hole — not only in America’s security — but the security of the entire globe. Your message has come across loud and clear, sir: You are not up to this job. You know it. We know it. The world knows it.

Amazingly, in five short years, your administration has lurched from one disaster to another. You spearheaded the ambitious rush to end the wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan — with no plan on how to do so effectively. Also, the release of “the Taliban five” in exchange for one American — without consulting Congress — is also on your shoulders.

You have been at the helm during unprecedented national security leaks — including, but not limited to the outing of SEAL Team VI on the Bin laden raid, the outing of the Pakistani doctor who provided the intelligence for that raid, the outing of Afghanistan’s CIA station chief, and the outing of your personal “kill list” to make you look tough. In addition, 75 percent of American deaths in Afghanistan and 83 percent of Americans-wounded-in-action have occurred on your watch, according to icasualties.org.

Just wanted to share this for what it's worth. Many people are frustrated...we are not alone. Might help if this letter could get some coverage.

I know the anti bush crowd will say Obama didn't start the fire, but he did absolutely nothing he promised to do to change the world as we knew it -- he made things worse and yet he's still getting a pass.

Whether it's "by design" or not, can't hurt to put a spotlight on the problem.

www.dailymail.co.uk...[/ url]

[url]http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/01/parents-of-navy-seal-killed-in-action-demand-obamas-resignation/

Now I and the Vaughns will prepare for our IRS audit! 1984.
edit on 1-9-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Opinions, good for them.

I'm sorry for their loss. It always hurts to lose a child.

I love how the right thinks Obama is only on vacation, or golfing.

Right wing media never reports things accurately.

www.politifact.com...

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Nor does the left wing media. The point is not the number of vacations or who sucks more...they all do! But Obama has NOT made things any better - and very few people are willing to call him on it! Why? Let's try to put an end to "the other guy did it too" OR "he sucked worse" because it's not getting us anywhere-----that's the problem!

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Opinions, good for them.

I'm sorry for their loss. It always hurts to lose a child.

I love how the right thinks Obama is only on vacation, or golfing.

Right wing media never reports things accurately.

www.politifact.com...

He does go on vacations and go golfing.

This is fact, not simply what "the right" thinks.

Who went more makes no difference. Obama chooses to do this at highly inappropriate times at a time when most Americans are dissatisfied with the country.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

On Aug. 8, 2014, Knoller tweeted that Obama had taken 19 vacations totaling 125 days so far while in office. Those numbers have risen a bit due to the Martha’s Vineyard vacation, but that’s still many fewer than George W. Bush’s 65 combined trips to his Texas ranch and his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine, which totaled 407 days at the same point in his presidency.

Not included in this data are trips to the Camp David presidential retreat in western Maryland, which Knoller doesn’t count as "vacation." Knoller told Yahoo! News that, through Aug. 12, 2014, Obama had made 33 visits to Camp David for all or part of 84 days, while Bush had been there 108 times for all or part of 341 days.

I was going to post that too. Thought I'd just throw this in the thread from your source so it's easier on people.

I'm not fond of Obama but I'm also not fond of people making silly claims to further agendas.

I truly feel for these families but I don't know if the blame should be rested squarely on Obama. People give the of of President too much credit. Good and bad.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Who went more makes no difference. Obama chooses to do this at highly inappropriate times at a time when most Americans are dissatisfied with the country.

I don't know how he's supposed to do things. If something happens while on vacation and there isn't really anything he can't do from what I assume is a rather impressive mobile communications suite, why go back to the White House just for appearances? It's going to be a nightmare for the SS and probably costly as well.

I'm kind of weird on this subject because on one hand I cant imagine the stresses of the job but on the other I do get why people are irritated. It's important to remember that the guy probably NEVER has an actual day off. I would imagine decisions are made, briefings are taken and phone calls placed even when he's not 'home'.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Once again,,,,this is not about who took more vacations...read the letter.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

I'm responding to the first sentence of the OP and also a part of the letter.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm glad people are frustrated. All I heard was Obama! Obama! Obama! and he's been like every other President. A total tool and a clown. Yes I know, but Bush, just stop it. nearly 8 years later and it's still partisan bull. People voted in the tool expecting change, they got the opposite of what they wanted. Good for them. Now every person who knew he'd be a failure like all the other Pres's go to bed knowing we weren't duped. All my intelligent, college-attending friends fell for it hook, line and sinker.

This country dug its own grave. Who knew it would stink so soon.....

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry that these parents lost their son but this is the sort of thinking that is the problem (from the source):

your cowardly lack of leadership has left a gaping hole — not only in America’s security — but the security of the entire globe.

It's not our job to police the world.

The numbers are pretty misleading too if you bother to take a look. Year after year there was an increase in the numbers of US military fatalities in Afghanistan. This trend carried on right from 2003 through 2010 — and then it dropped year after year so that by 2013, there were less fatalities than in 2006. Which of our choices of neoliberal candidates would have gotten that number down faster had he been elected President?

What about Iraq? Those fatalities don't count either? I wonder without the withdrawal how many parents of dead soldiers from Iraq there would be? How many can we expect to lose if we go back in to route ISIS?

How many would there have been if we hadn't gone to war in either country?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

She is referring to the failed rescue attempt on Foley. The one in which BO had solid intel on but did not act for 3days(correction 30 days_ while he went golfing (I believe)(correction he contemplated soldiers being captured in Syria for 30 days! I bet it was several trips to the Golf course.....is that better theantediluvian ) and the intel had went bad in that time leading to a failed rescue.

As for your source it fails to account that Bush worked from the Ranch hosting Heads of State there regularly....not that that is any better you know politicians are to meet in the open with public knowledge of the meeting...
edit on 1-9-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

She is referring to the failed rescue attempt on Foley. The one in which BO had solid intel on but did not act for 3days while he went golfing (I believe) and the intel had went bad in that time leading to a failed rescue.

Oh well see that I can understand.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I'm responding to the first sentence of the OP and also a part of the letter.

And that's part of the problem. We respond first with our own agendas and don't have an open enough mind to really see both sides. That's the point. I'm asking people to think...relatively impossible I know, but in this forum I had some hope.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I read the letter before I posted and there was a LOT of golfing/vacation talk. If anything I'm MORE likely to side with someone that's upset with Obama.

I was actually unaware about the Foley thing. If thats accurate then yeah, it's a problem.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Obama has been the worst President in the HISTORY of this country. Obama has not made ONE thing better and the amount of money and resources this dead beat President has wasted far exceeds any other President.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

She is referring to the failed rescue attempt on Foley. The one in which BO had solid intel on but did not act for 3days while he went golfing (I believe) and the intel had went bad in that time leading to a failed rescue.

As for your source it fails to account that Bush worked from the Ranch hosting Heads of State there regularly....not that that is any better you know politicians are to meet in the open with public knowledge of the meeting...

Source for your claim in the first bit?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Fox

B.I.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Really?

Name one thing this coward of a prez has done to bolster the defense and future of this country. Please don't be a 30 -something metro sexual.... there is no defense left for this boy who would be king...talk about yer being way above a pay grade. When only the looney left are the only ones still defending this obamanation of the White House....you also know the support has vanished...I'll bet if Osama Bin Laden was a democrat, you would find a way to say he's an ok guy....give it up, save what is left of your humanity, humility, and reputation..

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I seem to remember a post on here about Obama being tape recorded ( by accident) while talking to Putin. He said if he was re-elected he was going to kick back and do nothing and Putin could do what he wanted....or soe thing like that....( don't quote me...the wording was something along those line)..,,so.... Is this what is happening now ? With Syria , and all else?
edit on 1-9-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Does anyone really think putting in any different President will change the way they do things? It never has and it wont. They all golf or ski, take vacation after vacation while Im still working straight through each year just trying to get one or two days off with pay so I can get one with my family.

Nothing will change. And sorry, but their kid volunteered and was killed doing what he wanted. And the parents come out now AFTER to complain? Where were they BEFORE he was killed?

Their grief had a flashpoint. The flashpoint caused their letter. Two sides to everything...theirs is only 1/2 of the story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join