It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you deal with depression?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Glad to hear it. That it wasn't you I mean. So sorry to hear about the big toe and tooth and tongue.

Wow, you're not kidding. You have been blasted lately. So impressed you didn't go for a drink after your injuries, good on you!!

Keep us posted about the appt with the doc. Not sure what I can tell you about the big toe except to wear a stiff shoe for support and rest when it aches. A cup of nettle tea here and there will help with the broken bone (help heal) and salt water rinses for your tongue are helpful. Sore from top to bottom, sheesh.

Thinking of you, take care

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

Not sure what I can tell you about the big toe except to wear a stiff shoe for support and rest when it aches. A cup of nettle tea here and there will help with the broken bone (help heal) and salt water rinses for your tongue are helpful. Sore from top to bottom, sheesh.

Thinking of you, take care

thank you, hot baths have been suggested too, its funny that you mention stiff shoes, ive been wearing armored motorbike boots the past day.

No flex in the sole so cant bend it, they are a tight fit so that little piggy has no where to go and finaly they unzip all the way down so its easy to get in and out of, till i see the x-ray people and i know what they are going to say "you should have been here sooner" I didnt no it was broken for four days because it was bruised and bloody (opened a door over it barefoot)

Hopefully no lasting damage or my badminton is going to need to serious polishing up on!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Oh and the evil tooth problem i bought a gum shield, epic win to avoid emergency help no?

I saw the normal emergency dentist the next day, at 12am that would have been eeeeeeeeeexpensive!!

B

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oh my! I was standing outside a bar one night when the doors burst open and two burly bouncers came rushing out with some guy in between them and it happened so fast that I had no chance to move out of the way but the glass door went riding over my foot and it broke the second toe and left a huge gash.

Went for x-rays but there wasn't anything they could do. The entire top of my foot was bruised black and blue. I know what you are talking about - but the BIG TOE? Youch.

I suspect they won't be able to do anything for you unless it's crooked now or broken badly. They might do surgery but I think (I think) that they just leave things. Take an anti-inflammatory in the mean time to help with the swelling and pain.

You sound very intelligent in your responses in ways to help yourself. I am very impressed with the gum shield idea. If the tongue is very sore you might also try a mouthwash with hexidine in it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

Went for x-rays but there wasn't anything they could do. The entire top of my foot was bruised black and blue. I know what you are talking about - but the BIG TOE? Youch.

I suspect they won't be able to do anything for you unless it's crooked now or broken badly. They might do surgery but I think (I think) that they just leave things. Take an anti-inflammatory in the mean time to help with the swelling and pain.

You sound very intelligent in your responses in ways to help yourself. I am very impressed with the gum shield idea. If the tongue is very sore you might also try a mouthwash with hexidine in it.

Its got several holes in the side of it, they look like tiger stripes, im glad that over, i was worried a filling might fall out and get lodged in my tongue.

As for the big toe, its the most important toe. And its very easy to forget what you're doing, and do something REALLY stupid like flick your other shoe off using it and then collapse in pain screaming, quite literally without a leg to stand on!! 90% of your power and balance comes from that one, yes the foot wouldn't work very without the other 4, but neither would they.

"A broken big toe may need to be supported in a cast" - NHS website

Crap.

I think its just a fracture however.

edit on b1717858 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Depression sucks.

edit on 4-9-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well its about to get worse possibly.......

I just matched the deal with my mouth to some stuff i wont say here because i dont want to get anyyone like myself upset over what might be nothing.

Its possibly about to get 1,000,000 worse i think.

Will explain tomorrow.

B

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Will be waiting to hear. Only thing I can think of is lawsuit which I hope isn't the case.

Will check in tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

my lifes in ruins and im so sad its hard to describe or admit, is there some secret formula for happiness?

Sometimes it's things going on in your life - sounds like that's happening to you? Or sometimes it's something inside of you - maybe some kind of chemical imbalance.

I take St. John's Wort - an herb noted for helping with mild to moderate depression. Doesn't help everyone but it helps me! Everything can be going well on the surface - and I get this wave of blue depression that is so thick it's hard to find my way thru it. Then I might realize - oh my god, I ran out of the Wort! I drop everything and go to the Health store. Of course it doesn't always cure it but it helps me!

Other things - before I get up or go to sleep I may lay there and think- what are some good things in my life? There are always some. I try to get out in the sunshine or just the daylight if sun isn't out. Garden - get your hands in the dirt. Call or see a close friend, walk, bike. We have a little lake close by. So may go and sit and watch the ducks.

Unfortunately for most of us - happiness is not a permanent state of mind. It is often just brief moments that you grab and hold as long as you can. More stress and chaos in the world - makes it harder.

Hope you get thru this as soon as you can. It will get better!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
When you're going through any kind of depression it can seem impossible to resolve but there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Personal experiences have made me feel totally hopeless and lost and often thinking the worst. But I do agree that simple things can really help. Talk about your problems and your feelings. Find someone to share your words with, whether a friend or a family member or here on the forums or even Samaritans. Meditate. Find a new hobby. Rearrange your life completely to help you. Think about yourself and just focus on you for a while.The key for me was to keep busy, no matter what. When I didn't do that it was majorly destructive and hindered my progress. You can get through this! If I can you can.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
so following up on my post - i have mouth cancer its confirmed.

Actually its given me a strange closure on life if it kills me. I dont want to live to 80 anyway, id rather not die before im 40 but im not too worried about it either.

In some way its helped with my depression, i dont fear death im just happy that i wont have to deal with the depression forever, thats really settling. Its relaxing.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Sorry to hear....there are several posts on ATS about baking soda curing cancer....you may want to read them or ask some of the holistic members here about it. Do you smoke or dip?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

Sorry to hear....there are several posts on ATS about baking soda curing cancer....you may want to read them or ask some of the holistic members here about it. Do you smoke or dip?

i stopped smoking tobacco and weed a few years ago, but i did smoke for abut 15 years so i guess i asked for it.

Though when i started i didnt know cancer was a real thing but i was young and stupid.

baking soda you say, i will do some reading.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Good thing you've quit ......sometimes our lifestyles are not the best for us...but yes baking soda.! I would also do some digging on ATS in the health forums for advice, there is a lot there!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
thanks mate i will read.

fyi mouth cancer hurts everyday, definitely not recommended.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
thanks mate i will read.

I bet! Not something I wish on anyone...are you going to have any forms of survey ?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

originally posted by: Biigs
thanks mate i will read.

I bet! Not something I wish on anyone...are you going to have any forms of survey ?

my oncologist says its not too bad, we got to it earily, but it is aggressive, but hes given me 80%, so thats pretty good. but i could be that 20%.

Im good though, not bothered, stuff happens etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

how do you deal with depression?

Depends on the day. Some days not as well as others.

You've been diagnosed with mouth cancer? Sucky. I'm sorry to hear that. I had cancer twice. Both were gotten with surgery. I have sjogrens and we have a much higher rate of depression and cancer than the general population. Usually lymphoma cancer and usually it strikes about age 58. That's not what I had the first two times but I'm expecting that to possibly kick in six years from now or so.

I hope the best for you. Keep us posted. Surgery? Chemo? Radiation? Cyberknife?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 9/26/2014 by FlyersFan because: forgot mod tags

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
i dont know that cancer always causes depression.

I was depressed for a while a few years ago, since i got cancer i dont really care about it, i cant do much about it so why be worried about it?

real depression is somthing you CAN do somthing about but you dont know how, you feel powerless and thats what gets you. Cancer bums you out but you cant do anything, so why bother fretting about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RayVon
FILMS

My mother has M.S and gets deeply depressed some days, so I bang couple of films on and she starts to stop thinking and starts to relax.

Good advice. That's actually what kickstarted me to at least switching the focus. It distracted me and also helped me sleep. I watched loads of movies to get my mid off my troubles.

Now I am slowly weaning off efexor. It didn't really help much. I'm feeling better now. Not great but better.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join