It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Accosted by British journalist in hallway asks questions about the south-east of Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This happened about two hours ago, a British journalist accosts Putin in a hallway and asks a couple of interesting questions.

I have never seen Putin look so sheepish,the British reporter stares intensely at Putin the whole way through his reply was interesting i found myself thinking does he actually believe what he is saying? or is he telling the truth?

I embed below for you viewing, thoughts?

edit on 1/9/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/9/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: title change

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

I think he looks more under pressure than anything, Hes desperate to get his point over because he knows he's loosing the propaganda war and he knows his reputation and quite probably his power is on the line.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
"With the success of these maneuvers, German forces would advance to encircle Moscow and hopefully compel Soviet leader Joseph Stalin to make peace."

forces would advance to encircle,,
the towns and villages,,,

Seems if i was Russian,,encirclement,,would make me think of other times,places,battles,,

ie: "Encirclement and battle of Kiev to 9 September 1941."

Much restraint by Mr. Putin is being show,,"Putin look so sheepish" or calm in the face of adversity.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir

I hope so , I don't think it matters if you like Putin or not, he's been in charge for way too long now.. and you know what power does to people...., my worry is if the inner circle stays true no matter what happens he will stay in Power.. didn't he have 2 terms.. then put a guy in for a term ( puppet) then he steps up again.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir

I agree, there is a lot of propaganda in the air. However, when focusing on the facts - then the picture becomes a bit clearer and more unbiased. Link to Unbiased Reporting on Ukraine issue

And that considering, the stand-point of Putin becomes more solid, and justified.

Think of it, Putin would need to negotiate with these guys (Ukrainian parliament): Voting the Ukrainian way

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I hope Putin didn't offer that journalist a cup of tea after this!

Joking aside I'm surprised he even stopped for an improvised interview from an English tabloid hack,he didn't seem sheepish to me,or worried and was a little amused at his very gentle sounding translater struggling to translate perfectly

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

which makes me realize there is not a darn thing wrong with Mr. Putin's english,,

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

which makes me realize there is not a darn thing wrong with Mr. Putin's english,,

You know sir.. or madame I had that feeling also , i think he knew a lot of the things that was said in English

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't know why he just can't talk in english when he's talking to another english speaking person, it's not like this was a rehearsed press release or something. Just seems kinda silly to me when his english is more than adequate, makes him look like he's hiding behind his interpreter, unless it's a tactic to give him some kind of firewall between what he's saying.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyGoo

the only counrty were polititions have too switch languages,, is Canada.
sad but true./triste mais vrai.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
He didn't seem sheepish to me at all. Quite forthright, in fact.

As an aside, if that had happened in the US to ANY of the Obama admin, the journalist would probably now be dead, or wishing he were, after a severe beating.

Who are the good guys?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreyGoo
I don't know why he just can't talk in english when he's talking to another english speaking person, it's not like this was a rehearsed press release or something. Just seems kinda silly to me when his english is more than adequate, makes him look like he's hiding behind his interpreter, unless it's a tactic to give him some kind of firewall between what he's saying.

There's more to the politics of which language to speak than simply which would provide most direct communication. It could be that Putin just wants to take the upper hand in the sense that in his country he will speak his own language, a show of respect for his native land or anything along those lines. You see this kind of play of "language politics" in the EU a lot.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel
I have never seen Putin look so sheepish,the British reporter stares intensely at Putin the whole way through his reply

You see what you want to I guess. To me the British reporter stared dumbfounded as if he was thinking, "Wow, Putin is actually responding to me!" And it took him a couple of minutes to regain his irritating, nagging composure.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BridgebyaFountain

Yeah I have to say that I don't see where Putin looked sheepish at all. I don't understand how 2 people can watch the same video and come up with totally different body language like that. I think it is obvious that they had no intention of answering questions at that time,but Putin decided for whatever reason to go ahead and answer this one question from the reporter. Further more he seemed to me to be determined to get those points across about what was going on over there.

I have heard him speak English and yes he probably speaks it as well as a lot of Americans. (Go down to the country and try to understand some of them) But I have heard that HE doesn't think he speaks it as well as he wants,and unless it is a rehearsed speech basically,he would rather use an interpreter. How true it is I don't know,but I hear he has someone working with him on his English speaking skills daily.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You have to remember one slip in translation and Western media will be all over it with breaking news from London to NY...

He is just covering himself in that sense, IMO!

Edit: personally I don't see him as sheepish... He did look sheepish when he met and shook hands with Poroshencko, almost fearful if that's the right word...
I advise any body language experts to see the look that Poroshencko gives Putin... It was very aggressive...
Putin was wearing a painted smile I feel...
But not here...
edit on 1-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i think he just likes ,,,

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Yeah I must admit I thought the same too,what a sly fox he is!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

For me the journalist provoked a reaction from Putin..
he was rattled .

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

yes someone was rattled,, but who,,

Who has ahold of whom?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel

You know sir.. or madame I had that feeling also , i think he knew a lot of the things that was said in English

Putin speaks perfect English, have you guys not heard him talk before? He is not sheepish, he is annoyed/irritated by being cornered by a journalist in an unprofessional manner despite the good questions he asked. Hence why he showed him no respect and spoke in Russian.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join