It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Accosted by British journalist in hallway asks questions about the south-east of Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Does he not speak English at all? Or does he just prefer a translator?
I thought he spoke English.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel
This happened about two hours ago, a British journalist accosts Putin in a hallway and asks a couple of interesting questions.

Straight up...Where did the "accost" part happen? By him asking Putin a question??? I did see Putin immediately put his hands un the guy and looked like he was poking him or something?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Seems if i was Russian,,encirclement,,would make me think of other times,places,battles,,

Yes...so Putin should invade and take over Ukraine cuz they are on his border and he is being "encircled"!

Then after annexing Ukraine, he should take over Poland...cuz that will be the new border of Russia and Poland will be a bigger threat to Russia than Ukraine!

After Poland, he will be "encircled" by Germany! Hell no should Russia tolerate Germany on their border. He has a perfect right to invade Germany!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: monkofmimir

I agree, there is a lot of propaganda in the air. However, when focusing on the facts - then the picture becomes a bit clearer and more unbiased. Link to Unbiased Reporting on Ukraine issue

And that considering, the stand-point of Putin becomes more solid, and justified.

Your link is to some idiot who also claims that James Foley wasn't beheaded and ISIL is fake...

If that is your "facts" go to...Wow...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Curious take on that clip OP...i disagree that Putin was 'accosted', he was simply asked a question and answered it at length.

He didn't look sheepish or stressed...well, perhaps a little irritated at the time it was taking for the translator to get his words out, but apart from that, he looked very cool and calm i thought.

Plus of course, if this had been Cameron, Obama or most other world leaders, i seriously doubt the questioner would have been given the time to finish the question before security dragging him away, let alone receive a polite and courteous and fairly length reply.

I really don't see what you're seeing...did you post the correct clip link?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

He does, but not fluently enough for conversing where accuracy and time constraints are important.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Exactly.

An innocent case of fumbling for a word by a non fluent speaker could and would create a lot of irrelevant fodder for press speculation/misunderstandings best kept to a minimum on the level upon which is Putin operating.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

He does, but not fluently enough for conversing where accuracy and time constraints are important.

I am not a usually quick to speculate on conspiracy...but Vladimir Putin worked as a translator for the KGB and also spent years tasked with recruiting Western Spies...I do think his English skills are very good.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I am not a usually quick to speculate on conspiracy...but Vladimir Putin worked as a translator for the KGB and also spent years tasked with recruiting Western Spies...I do think his English skills are very good.

That's exactly my thinking, his English is definitely better than that of his translator.
I've always wondered whether it's because he likes to distance himself from the English speaking west?
He could definitely converse in English much better than most think.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Maybe he takes a poor English translator around with him just to show that he doesn't respect the US and Britain much.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
He didn't seem sheepish to me at all. Quite forthright, in fact.

As an aside, if that had happened in the US to ANY of the Obama admin, the journalist would probably now be dead, or wishing he were, after a severe beating.

Who are the good guys?

Can you provide an instance where this has happened? That seems like an absurd thing to say, but I've learned to expect surprises when it comes to the good old US of A.
edit on 5-9-2014 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

These same western journalists never ask there own leaders these hard questions ironic isn't it?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

umm how about Senator,, "ILL throw u off of this Balcony" guy,,,

but in all fairness,,he didnt actually touch him,,

and u know how all politicians are just liars, anyway,, so ya,, he was lieing,, he said i'll SHOW u off.,, this balcony,,

u know,, This way sir,,,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join