It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the Islamic State build a foundation in Mexico?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I know the F.B.I released a bulletin about members of the Islamic State working in Mexico. Link to Bassago's thread on the matter.

However I do not think they will be successful for a few reasons.

I do not think the Government Mexico would want an American response to constant threats and attacks rooted from within Mexican borders. The Gaza Strip would be child's play IMO.

Secondly I do not think the Cartels would want the American Military in the county making work more difficult.

Lastly I do not think the Cartels and the Mexican Government want to lose all the power and wealth they have earned throughout the years. Islamic State expansion in Mexico would almost eradicate both.

Link to Cartel related crimes

A few Islamic State laws listed are broken by Cartel Members.

I do not think cooperation between the Cartels and the Islamic State is likely. Maybe that is why the Cartels have been able to stick around for so long, An additional line of defense to Extremists in Mexico

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Never gonna happen.. It's silly to even question it.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmm....lets see, a country thats predominantly roman catholic is gonna get in bed with an organisation which specializes in beheading Christians everywhere it goes.....
I don't think so......
edit on 31-8-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The cartels and mexico needs easy acces to the border, how many millions a day in goods and illegal things go through that border, they would kill there profit by allowing religious crazys access to the border.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Eyemin

Never going to happen.

But I do think we are more worried about Russian influence in Mexico.

So maybe we like all of the ISIS in Mexico innuendo, because it offers convenient cover options for the real threats to our national security.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Lots of Christians in Mexico. They won't let them take hold without informing the government there.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

One word.

Cartels.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Maybe it's all to build up fake threats and raise fear levels so that there is a joint interest in "national security" to help tptb sell the need for "The North American union" and the Amero that would eventually come with it... remember that? Canada has been talking about security a lot also... just a thought. And all at the same time as the decline of the American dollar.. soon it will be worth an American Peso, good timing for a new currency to appear.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Never Happen,

1. Mexico is a Christian Nation, ISIS wouldn't even talk to them
2. Cartels destroy competition.
3. The us Dollar will not be replaced until China gets it's dept paid...lol

please remember for all it's combined faults Mexico is still our biggest Ally here in North America cartels or not..

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As mentioned cartels want business to boom not suffer... if we had to turn our attention south.. business would suffer, they will root out IS anywhere they find them in Mexico, doesn't mean some wont slip through but the numbers will be much more manageable because of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So now Mexico being a Christian Nation, is a Plus + against Isil.
(so how come military aid was never considered for Christian groups in the Middle East???)

And Canada also being a Christian Nation,,

leaves America,,

which i know people have been yelling,
long and hard that America is NOT a Christian Nation,
even denying its foundation principles
are based on the word of God,,
being,the Father of Christ,,the Head of Christian Nations.

So i would be more worried about an Islamic State forming in America.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That will never happen, as I said in another thread this are the reasons...

The interest of the cartel IS NOT to terrorize americans, it is to DRUG THEM! and get money out of them, ISIS Terrorism in the southern border WILL NOT be good for their business, what the drug cartels want is to be as invisible in their drug trafficking as they can be...

ISIS's ISLAM will have a really HARD time recruiting there since most people there are catholic, and really do discriminate against other religions.

Cultural diferences are too great for sleeper cells integrating into the mexican communities unless they are disguissed as businessmen.

Even tho the a big part of the population hates the "gringos" it is on their best interest to have an economically healthy northern neighboor, they have a saying over there, "When the US sneezes, Mexico gets Pneumonia" They hate you but they got your back...

The only invasion you can expect from the good ol mexicans is Jumping the border to smuggle drugs or to work in jobs the americans usually don't like doing for minimum or below minimum wage.

All the violence over there is for control of the drug smugling operation into the US.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Yeah, because the drug cartels really care about Christian morals. ::Rolling eyes::

I believe it could happen. There are places in Mexico where it's impossible to stop anything from happening. Should the drug cartels see a profit in allowing a terrorist organization to take foothold, I don't see why they wouldn't as long as some cash flow is either generated from it, the terrorists help move drugs, or the terrorists just pay them outright for "protection".

People need to quit burying their heads in the sand when it comes to the politically incorrect truth: Terrorists DO want to hurt and kill. (Be they Muslim terrorists, white terrorists, or any other terrorist group.) When they can't face us with firepower, they'll face us with whatever they can.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
my son in law was in a car accident on Friday...broke the mirror with his shoulder or something. the woman from the car wants him to pay for her broken sideview...I told him to sue her.

long story short. ISIS's plan was launched but failed.

ISIS has no hope...the defenses are way above their pay grade. their book is worthless.
edit on 1-9-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

because the first time an attack came from that sector they know they would see an overwhelming response form the US military. It is in their financial interest to not let them set up there and launch attacks form mexico... now is it possible IS could bring enough power to force the cartels to back off... possible but not likely they need everything they have to hold on in the ME right now.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
While it may seem to be an unlikely plot, there is where we should err on the side of caution. While ISIS will probably not set up in Mexico, it can cause a lot of problems for the USA through Mexico. And here is the logic behind such.

The Mexican government is corrupt, that corruption goes way up. Money talks, and most of those in the cartels do not really care where the money comes from, as long as it is going into their pockets. So is it so unrealistic to believe that ISIS to cause the USA grief would not work with the Cartels? After all ISIS has money coming in, according to the reports, is from different sources and is in the millions. So could it be, that they pay the cartels a few million in cash and assets to assist them in causing problems in the USA?

Think about it, the Cartels with hard military equipment, launching some attacks from the Mexican side of the border, or smuggling such into the USA and causing problems in the center of the country. This draws the attention of the federal government and the public away from the middle east and forces the USA to divert military assets to deal with such inside of the country, and ISIS is able to continue on its merry way without interferance from the USA or the western powers.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I can only see that happening if the major players fork out a couple hundred billion dollars to the ranking cartel for "ownership" of an area.

In the big picture the cartels don't want to poke the US to hard too many times, the last thing they need is full scale cooperative warfare with the us and Mexican military.
edit on 1-9-2014 by Retikx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Where the heck is the CIA these days? Shouldn't they be killing these guys in a clandestine anonymous way? Where are our spies at these days? It's crazy to let these people keep breathing. Why are we not just paying assassins to kill these ISIS leaders etc...? Much cheaper than wars. Lot less lives lost too.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Maybe we would secure the border once and for all.

top topics

join