It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid comes out of the closet, family reverts to acting like animals.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuestioningAuthority
Most parents, and pretty much all religious parents are not going to be happy if their son gives into demons who are telling him he's gay, we are not animals, we should not do everything on instincts and fleshly desires.

If I had a son who told me he was gay I would be damn proud that I'd raised him to be able to tell me anything. Also, acting like you're evolved and intelligent and animals aren't? You're the one believing invisible, evil entities are putting gay thoughts into peoples heads ...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: tadaman

All sexuality in this country is reactive to the puritan mentality of the majority. Healthy human sexuality is more of a spectrum of behavior and would be much less oppositional imo. Homosexuals in this country, I think, are driven into that community because of how strongly they are rejected by "normal" people and as a result you have this highly insulated counter culture which reinforces a lot of the stereotypes that the LGBTQAO community becomes known for.

Not sure i buy into that premise completely. I am sure that as a species we can easily be swayed emotionally into sexual relationships with people of the same gender for a variety of reasons emotional and physical availability being the top two. But that most people are hetero and not inclined to deviate from that very loosely.

All people basically are monosexuals, meaning that out of the two flavors of ice cream available on this planet, they have chosen one and religiously adhere to it. I find this to be really weird for a species which otherwise goes out of its way to try new things.

It isn't as simple as saying just try new things. Back in the day when more than one type of human was walking around, yeah sure that would be trying new things. Trying to hookup with the same sex of your species as a one off novelty? Yeah not seeing it.

Either we are hardcoded to be that way or the approval of others is so important to us as to curtail our behavior in one of our most mind-blowing and intimate affairs. Or people are really out just banging whoever they want and they lie through their teeth about it.

Male and female are hard coded to be that way. I don't view homosexuals as being broken or cursed. It is all a part of our biology and probably more like a congenital issue with hormone and chemical mix ups and what not. And it also probably has a biological function of curbing our population growth. I don't have any repressed desires to lay with women, I did experiment a little in my younger years and I will leave it as it was just a very odd and completely unnatural feeling for me. So I don't really expect that a gay person can try to be Hetero and not feel that same oddness. You may call it dull i call it completely content with the man of my dreams that once upon a time got me off just licking the bridge of my nose. So perhaps you should rethink the whole dull bit until you figure out how to do it.

edit on 30-8-2014 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: QuestioningAuthority

If you seriously think that being gay means you're possessed by demons..

You should let me buy some of whatever you're smoking. Sounds like it's some Grade A stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KeliOnyx

If I ever figure out how to get a woman off by simply licking her nose, I'm becoming a full-time gigolo, just sayin.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: rival

Who gives a rats ass whether it's a choice or not. If I became a murderer because I was born like that with no choice, it wouldn't make my actions any less devastating. Being gay is either immoral or it's not, and personally I don't see anything immoral with it, it's two people loving each other and it doesn't harm anyone. Just because some old book says it is wrong doesn't make it so.

WTF?? Did you read my post? I don't understand your point. Mine point
is that a person cannot choose what they prefer. But there are many people
who believe that you can make a conscious choice about sexual preference.

I'd also like to add...Who gives a rat's ass about morality? Morality is nothing
more than someone else's opinion about how you should live your life...
My pertinent morality for you is that you should learn to read before replying
and use a little decorum when posting...especially with me

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

lol

At 6ft.2" and well over 100kgs, a well-built gay man is the least of my worries, but thanks for the concern

So compared to linebackers you would be an average height and about 27 lbs underweight. Not quite a runt but real close.

www.answers.com...

Gay men probably are the least of your worries but that chip on your shoulder must be weighing you down.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

Yes I read your post and my post wasn't meant to attack you in any way. I'm just sick of all these people arguing about whether it's a choice or not, it's all I ever see when I read these discussions, and quite frankly I think it's irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItzShadyT

If you seriously think that being gay means you're possessed by demons..

You should let me buy some of whatever you're smoking. Sounds like it's some Grade A stuff.

Nooooo stay away from whatever it is - it seems like a really bad trip to be on.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Ok, and I can see you are one of 'them' also, that everyone else here will also recognise.

All the best in your endeavours too.

wow, we can both play that game, zzzzzzz

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ItzShadyT

wow, way to jump to assumptions and show your ignorance of what you say you don't believe in. I never said he was possessed by demons. To spell out the obvious what I was alluding to was the whisperings of the devil.

Stay away form the 'A grade' stuff it may help you to not jump to erroneous assumptions up there on your podium.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

'Trip' in your perceptions gives me even more strength im on the right path, im more than happy I'm not here advocating animalistic behaviours such as gay rights.

But anyway knock yourself out with that, you seem to be having a ball.

see you on the other side fella

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Ok, and I can see you are one of 'them' also, that everyone else here will also recognise.

All the best in your endeavours too.

wow, we can both play that game, zzzzzzz

I think we all know what type I am and what type you are. I am living my life as I please and trying not to hurt people. That is obvious to people like me. You are trying to live your life against the ramblings of insane men of antiquity and this is equally as obvious to people like me.

I would be people like me rather than people like you, any day of the week.

Maybe we could start an ATS poll on how members would like to see the world. Your way - or mine.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Cool. I understand your POV now.

In my circle of friends choice seems to be THE ONLY issue. My
religious friends cite the bible and use words like abomination and
repentance, and get all old testament fire-and-brimstone with it.

The rest of them are just wrong...

But you are right, who cares if it is a choice?. The point is,
are you causing someone else harm? And if you're not, go ahead,
wake up every morning, flip a coin (heads or tails so to speak), and
live your own life anyway you want...with my blessing and support.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If this is for real, it's of course disgusting to treat your child this way for being gay.

The thing I am sick of, is every time someone is against homosexuality, it's blamed on religion. Not all Christians behave this way. It's giving God a bad name. There are many atheists who act this way. Just because these people are overly religious does not mean we should paint all Christians with the ssame brush.

I believe in God. I do not go to church. I don't preach like these idiots do. I have a gay daughter. I did not disown her.

One thing though that really bugged me when she decided to tell me, is she was worried I would disown her. I could not believe she thought this. I will tall you why she did, because of stupid # like this video. Some of her friends said your parents may hate you now, etc etc. so she believed that. Instead of just knowing me???

This does not help gay people come out in any way. It scares them, makes them feel worse. I had no idea my daughter was suffering with this unwarranted fear. Imaginary fear. Or I would have just said hey I know you are gay and it's fine.

So please stop spreading fear and stop putting down those who believe in God. It's turning people away from God and turning perfectly fine people into being terrorized because of their sexuality.

Judt because that Westbrook baptist church is like this, does not mean we all are.

For the record my daughter does not like Christians, says really stupid stuff about them. Because her head has been filled with this garbage.

No flag ,no stars from me. I just want to reapond because I am sick of the hate this generates.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Any god who asks you to sacrifice your pleasure for his sense of moral superiority is not a being worthy of human devotion.

That is also part of my problem. Think about the friggin' Bible and the stupid stuff written there:

God creates Adam and Eve. They frolick around the Garden of Eden stark naked. As God had created them and as was His intention. They discovered they were naked (and that it was wrong) and covered up.
And then God became really angry and threw them out. And now it is considered a sin to be naked. As He created us.

Basically God loved naked people and took offense to them covering up. How come it was wrong to be naked when God specifically created them that way and didn't bother telling them that it was best to cover up?

And now we are told that it is His will that we cover up.

As we have a saying in Denmark:

The preacher was almost shrieking from the pulpit: "And there they were... Naked as God created them... Surely the work of Satan."

Also why does an All Knowing and Omnipresent God walk around the Garden calling for Adam: "Where are you?"

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

edit on 31-8-2014 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

***snip***

This does not help gay people come out in any way. It scares them, makes them feel worse. I had no idea my daughter was suffering with this unwarranted fear. Imaginary fear. Or I would have just said hey I know you are gay and it's fine.

***snip***

The quoted sentence seems to imply that you knew about her being gay before she came out.

Perhaps people who knows beforehand can help their sons and daughters by telling them early on that they know?

One friendly question to your daughter could have told her that you knew and were fine with it:
"Why don't you invite your girlfriend over for coffee? I'd like to meet her"

It's not to attack you, but merely pointing out to other parents that already know, that silence is sometimes not the same as signalling, that one is fine with something. It could be taken as disapproval or as trying to ignore it as if "it will probably go away when you get older."
edit on 31-8-2014 by HolgerTheDane2 because: I obviously can't sbell...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I wish I could watch the video. I have a three year old Mac which has a glitch that claims 'Plug In Failure' within 5 minutes of startup, without fail. Used to be able to leave it on for months at a time….now YT is a dream. I done it all. Clean install. Uninstall. Reinstall. Change system preferences. I have taken care of this thing and I guess it is time to buy another brand. It sucks, because there's not a smudge of smegma on it.

I'm sort of looking forward to this thread, once the POS Mac is still awake after start up, and I remember to click on this one.

So the guy's confused about his nerve ends, and cops the 'I'm gay' label as the least path. Christ on a corkscrew! I can have female gasms, front or back, right up to my nips, ears, and beyond...just by thinking about pussy. Benefits of a classical education, I suppose. What sort of parents would deprive their kids of this rudimentary neuroscience, and happily let their kid label himself as a gay, as to not miss the halftime break…? I swing a dick btw in case anyone's too thick to cipher.

Poor misguided kid.

Evidently, he is allowed social contacts, right? He is allowed to have friends, right? Do they use the friends against him, notwithstanding the gay thing? Sheesh. They can't be that bad.

Think how hard he could hit back at them.

Just closing the door in the room he's in when Tommy and the gang come over, to study, would cause seizures in the folks. Then, after milk and cookies, they play with the train set a little while they each take separate showers, and use only the brown toned towels to dry off. Maybe just go straight to the swimming pool. Mom and Dad won't know anything until Pop works a little OT and gets that thermal imaging device he's always wanted.

Are they in a rural area? That's easy! Hey Mom and Dad, I'm going to show the gang the old swimming hole!

If he's been kicked out, well, he could simply show up at their house during every conceivable holiday, and with a new 'friend'. Hi Mom. Meet Biff. And Sam. And Terry. These are my 'friends'. I met them at the airport. Just wanted to say I got a job in New York, and 'Happy President's Day'! Say, what's for dinner? We'll be in the attic, boxing my junk. Call me on my new iPhone when were ready for supper please? Here's the number…..

# 264
edit on 31-8-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I really just dislike everything about this video.

-Homophobia
-Crappy parents
-Baiting
-Filming and sharing family problems with everyone
-Idiotic replies that range from homophobia to religious intolerance with not much in between

It's a young kid with problems and an obviously crap home life so I can understand he's a little messed up. I still think this whole fad of airing your dirty laundry with as many people as you possibly can is sick.

These parents are asshats. You support your kid no matter what. The idiot statement about keeping a roof over the kids head and feeding him reminds me of a certain comedian making fun of people that say they've never been to jail. YOU'RE NOT F-ING SUPPOSED TO GO TO JAIL. You are supposed to take care of your kid. Yeah I know the kid is over 18, but acting like you've been a a wonderful parent for providing basic care to something you brought into this world and are responsible for in the eyes of the law, God and any decent person is ridiculous. "Well, I feed my dog so I'm a good pet owner." BS. It's not that easy.

Agreeing with the parents or saying the parents are morons because of their religion are both just awful. Not all religious people act this way. If you're doing it right you accept someone and realize they should be loved and you are not God. Love the sinner, hate the sin (even though I don't find this to be a sin).

I don't know how anyone can be so calloused. Especially towards their own family, especially towards their own child.

Embarrassed that people might think she condones it. Pffft. How are you not more embarrassed to disown your kid?

Gay people make me uncomfortable at times, but so do a lot of people. Thing is, they're people first, whatever else second. Treat everyone with respect. Like a neighbor. Like you would want to be treated.

Don't walk around thinking all mailmen are murderers because someone went 'postal'. Don't walk around thinking all people who believe in a higher power accept this kind of nonsense. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Don't be what you dislike. Take it case by case and don't stereotype.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"GOD judges, you don't" ?

Tell that to any judge around the world, you're clearly living in a fairy land.

Judges make legal judgments, according to the law of the land. "God" makes moral judgments, based on religion. In the context of the bible (Judge not, lest ye be judged), it's talking about moral judgments. Not at all comparable.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

we are not animals, we should not do everything on instincts and fleshly desires.

Actually that's exactly what humans are. Animals. We are human animals. And there is no reason for a person who is born homosexual not to follow their homosexual desires. Not a single valid reason whatsoever.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join