It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are people avoiding the crazy lady?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I don't mind. I am used to it. But it does annoy me a bit.

yeah I know I have posted some way out there stuff regarding my dreams but some of it is incredible and some of my dreams have happened. I posted on page 2 of another thread and everyone ignored me. Now it is page 4 and no-one has even replied. Not even the OP so that sux.

oh well.

I am going to make a note to myself of all the Members that I contribute to in their threads, if they don't even have the courtesy to reply, then I will never respond to any of their other threads.

lol sounds immature doesn't it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sorry you are disappointed... but an online forum is the last place your should seek validation. (I know you already know this, but sometimes it's worth saying.)

Don't let the lack of online response take away from the importance of your personal life experiences.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

I don't need validation... but don't you think a response is polite or courteous?

maybe cos I am older, I think differently...?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

What forums do you normally post in, Do I visit them?

ETA: I went to your profile and checked your posting record, Sorry, not my area.
You might find these to your liking?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I think you're expecting an internet forum to behave as though everyone was sitting in your front parlour?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

oh I am not referring to my own threads...

I am talking about when I post a reply in another Member's thread and they just ignore it. I think that is rude.
Bad manners. Maybe I am old school.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
We have all had comments ignored, no biggie.
Just think of it like this.... Your brilliance is going over their heads...lol

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I am not sure what you mean about the 'front parlour'.

if a person replies to one of your threads... isn't it good manners to reply?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
a reply to: VegHead

I don't need validation... but don't you think a response is polite or courteous?

maybe cos I am older, I think differently...?

To be frank, they don't have to respond if they don't want to. ATS is a large site, and it is to be expected that in some circumstances, people will simply overlook your post or take the information of it into account, without replying.

That said, just because you don't get a response, doesn't mean that you are being ignored. Sometimes i don't respond to others, even in my own threads. If i agree with others and can't contribute anything further in that particular line of discussion, i will star their post.

I don't think it rude of people to 'ignore' others. Members have outside lives and even live in different countries and timezones. They may continue to post on in the thread without replying to your particular post, but perhaps it is just a simple case of not knowing what to say, or not knowing how to contribute further to the discussion. At times, some people are particularly engaged in debates and conversations with another member, and focus their sole attention on that. It doesn't mean they are purposely ignoring you.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

yes your right... most of the time I let it slide and don't care. But when I take a lot of time and effort to reply, then that upsets me. So perhaps we have all had to learn this and next time... we learn not to bother responding to some Members so we do not waste our time.

edit on CDT08uSat, 30 Aug 2014 08:50:26 -05005026am241 by Thurisaz because: grammar

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

yes your right.. they are all valid explanations.

I will get over it. lol

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Well I do understand, but most of the time I find that in some threads, two or three people are posting much faster than me and they just Blow Right By Me Their So Fast On Those Keys, That My Post is Left Behind.

So, I often use Pictures which Pisses Off some poster's and that makes my day!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz

yes your right.. they are all valid explanations.

I will get over it. lol

Haha, that's what i do when i don't get replies.

It doesn't phase me too much. Particularly because i know that i sometimes give others the same treatment...it is just that at times, i resort to starring another's post if i can't contribute anything further, or if i am running low on time. I don't do it in an attempt to enrage others, or for being purposely rude.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

oh that is such a funny pic.

thx I needed a laugh

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

lol yes ... it is funny cos I remember posting a thread about 4 years ago having a little emotional tantrum cos someone didn't reply to me. One of the replies took me about an hour to research and was totally ignored. mwah.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

It's not easy to reply to everyone who replies to your posts because there are often a few or more replies and it's about the flow of the thread and the discussion taking place.

People either resonate with what you're written or how you've written it, or they don't and may or may not reply. Instead of the reply you wanted, someone else might chime in, instead - not to mention there's always more conversation in a thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
LOL
Why start a thread and not reply? What is the point of contributing?

posted on Oct, 12 2010

I only get emotional about this topic every 3 or 4 years. LOL

omg... I just found my other thread and so in future, when I get all huffy about this issue... I will just go and read my first thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

yes you are also correct. All valid reasons and I know I have done the same.
I just had a little emotional tantrum.

I am not the only Member to feel peeved, especially when you have spent ages responding. LOL
Years back, I remember some Members would reply with another reply demanding a response.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Thurisaz...

I think it is important to remember something about this site. It is an incredibly busy place, the busiest webspace of its kind in the entire world. No where else on the web, that discusses the sort of topics, and the RANGE of topics discussed here, is busier, or has a larger membership.

Sometimes that means that a post in a thread will get buried, and inattentive posters may find themselves glossing over its presence. Sometimes it means that new topics are being posted so fast, that an entire thread may get buried, and new comment on it may dry up!

Given these factors, it is not wise to take it too personally when your posts do not get the attention you feel they deserve! Just take it in stride

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

thx and I love your avatar by the way.

always makes me laugh.

I don't usually get upset, last time was in 2010....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join