It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smile, ATS! It's a Three-Day Weekend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Have some dancing grannies!

Dance your heart out!
edit on 29-8-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have a bachelor party this weekend so I have everything to smile about.(won't go into details)

I hope everyone has as good a weekend as I am going to have.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Why yes...yes it is. IF youre American. That leaves the rest of the world out!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'll bet you have your holidays we don't get. Feel free to rub it in then.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Lost my jobby job so I'm on permanent vacation...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

IF youre American

I am Canadian,still labor day weekend for us too.
Maybe a North American holiday?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I gotta work on labor day, memorial day, Christmas Eve, new years, fourth of July, etc.

Yay for a full time job without benefits! =/

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's a three day weekend if you don't work retail. Then it's a longer hours weekend. Gotta love the American dream.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I hope the bride finds out and your girlfriend. Bad boy.
I won't go into details. a reply to: DrumsRfun

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You seem to have forgotten that this is a global website. Still who doesn't love dancing grannies. It's better than those creepy dancing babies. Shudders. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No, August Bank Holiday was last weekend.
It lived up to the proverbial phrase "wet as a Bank Holiday Monday".

P.S. Does this mean that the brilliant thread I'm about to post will fall on deaf ears?

edit on 29-8-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
I have a 3 day weekend most weeks because I like long weekends.
I'm self employed so I don't get paid for it, but it reminds me that I'm not like the employed dog I used to be, wagging my tail when the bone of a bank holiday, or insulting 'informal clothes' day was thrown to appease me.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend, but remember that many of the bar or service sector staff who served you today did it for 'normal time' wage with no day off in lieu...that is often forgotten by the average working dog who is wagging their tail in glee for the paid day off.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Count on ATS to be a wet blanket. No, I did not forget that this was a global website. But I did think there had been enough doom recently that we could at least all enjoy some ladies who were determined to dance no matter what! The one gal is 88 and dances better than I ever have.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ooooh yes!!!! My 5 year old said he is sleeping in and he was serious about it. I guess we're gonna play on the lake all weekend and have some fun. Everyone be safe out there

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Blessed to be livin the dream working on this one during the LABOR DAY weekend.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm going to a big craft fair in Lancaster, PA. The weather should be great. And that area is a fun place to stroll around. I'm looking forward to it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Truth be told, I'm only happy because my husband gets the three days. He's been eyeball deep in it at work and working long, long hours for all of August, and it's not going to change because they have a regulatory inspection coming in early September with other stuff coming after that.

He really needs the extra day. He's getting strung out.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

You sound like me. I used to do that for years and years. Always on overtime already...the hours would be double time-overtime holiday pay...so I milked it.

My wife a few years back made me promise I'd never do that again. I did it for 7 1/2 years. Every year....Do it while you can. One day, you wont be able to keep it up.*

* I still do my work 40 hr, and volunteer 1st Responder for FEMA 20-40 hrs a month when not called up.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Happy Three Day weekend!! Everyone be safe out there!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
I gotta work on labor day, memorial day, Christmas Eve, new years, fourth of July, etc.

Yay for a full time job without benefits! =/

That's my brother-in-law. He's a penitentiary guard. He's got all kings of time off built up, but it's a cold day in Hell when he can actually take it.

We always celebrate our official holidays on an off weekend with our family so he can participate because he can never get the actual days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join